10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t watch this show but I’m curious. If Yoda was 900 in ESB then how is Boba Fett in this series when Yoda is 50yo toddler from what I gather?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I don’t watch this show but I’m curious. If Yoda was 900 in ESB then how is Boba Fett in this series when Yoda is 50yo toddler from what I gather?
    It isn't Yoda, people just called him Baby Yoda because he didn't have a name and Lucas never actually named Yoda's race. His name was only recently discovered and it's Grogu

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    That is all you defenders can do is point and scream "misogyny" when anyone dares criticize it...so funny. Yeah I guess I'm just a dirty misogynist I'm only trans because I hate women so much
    But that is what you made it about by saying there was no plan but really a super secret plan to give Kennedy a fan fic of herself. If you don't want to be called out for the words you use then don't use them. You are the one that in the same argument said there was no plan and a plan for a fan fic. You can't have it both ways can you? Either there was or there wasn't.

The fact you make it about brunette British girls shows that you are making it all about gender for no reason. They cast who they cast. There was no secret agenda. They wanted a female lead and found one. Brown, or brunette, is the second most common color of hair for Humans. Stop being hateful.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Anyone felt sorry for the poor hapless lunch trooper?
    For all you know about the man in the helmet, he fucked your mom and he's not your dad.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But that is what you made it about by saying there was no plan but really a super secret plan to give Kennedy a fan fic of herself. If you don't want to be called out for the words you use then don't use them. You are the one that in the same argument said there was no plan and a plan for a fan fic. You can't have it both ways can you? Either there was or there wasn't.

The fact you make it about brunette British girls shows that you are making it all about gender for no reason. They cast who they cast. There was no secret agenda. They wanted a female lead and found one. Brown, or brunette, is the second most common color of hair for Humans. Stop being hateful.
    Yes...because it takes a whole lot of planning to say "Here is a character, everything will revolve around this character. They're all powerful with no explanation." Gee...yeah...that took a whole lot of planning there. I mean this reply comes days...weeks....no months after yours right?

Thanks for proving me right again...you cherry picked the easiest little thing you could actually argue and just left out all of the stuff you couldn't. You defenders have nothing at all but calling people misogynists...nothing at all. You've proven it right here.

There are thousands of actresses out there they could choose, but they all happen to fit what is safe to imagine Kathleen Kennedy's perfect self would be?

Felicity Jones: Jyn Erson: Pretty English Brunette
    Emilia Clarke: Qi'ra: Pretty English Brunette
    Daisy Ridley: Rey: Pretty English Brunette
    So much for the diversity they claimed to stand for

I guess it was also very feminist of Kathleen not to choose a single female director? It wasn't till the Mandolorian that Filoni and Favreau did they started working with Deborah Chow. And when KK puts someone in charge....who does she choose? She chooses Harvey Weinstein's personal assistant...someone who to this day still idolizes him and stood aside while he abused women under her watch.

Would you like to quit now while you're this far behind? Or should I go into the racism shown by Disney/Lucasfilm also described?

Yes...because it takes a whole lot of planning to say "Here is a character, everything will revolve around this character. They're all powerful with no explanation." Gee...yeah...that took a whole lot of planning there. I mean this reply comes days...weeks....no months after yours right?

Thanks for proving me right again...you cherry picked the easiest little thing you could actually argue and just left out all of the stuff you couldn't. You defenders have nothing at all but calling people misogynists...nothing at all. You've proven it right here.

There are thousands of actresses out there they could choose, but they all happen to fit what is safe to imagine Kathleen Kennedy's perfect self would be?

I guess it was also very feminist of Kathleen not to choose a single female director? It wasn't till the Mandolorian that Filoni and Favreau did they started working with Deborah Chow. And when KK puts someone in charge....who does she choose? She chooses Harvey Weinstein's personal assistant...someone who to this day still idolizes him and stood aside while he abused women under her watch.

Would you like to quit now while you're this far behind? Or should I go into the racism shown by Disney/Lucasfilm also described?
    I think TLJ is a perfect example of Disney's strategy of claiming diversity while making sure any non white character is irrelevant. First they separate the non white characters because they are just not as smart as Holdo, the white woman in power. Then they throw them into a do nothing adventure that would have improved the film just by not existing. Which characters actually matter in that film? Just Rey and Kylo Ren.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Kathleen Kennedy is American ... why would her perfect self be British?

Also, Star Wars inserts have been a thing since ANH ... Luke S(kywalker) made by George Lucas (Luke-S) ... George literally named the first main character after himself, and had his son and daughter appear in the prequels, including having his son be the Jedi that Bail Organa sees that sends Bail off to attempt to rescue Jedi.

I just wish Star Wars fans stop pretending George Lucas was somehow better when he is literally just as arrogant and gets a pass because he is the creator.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I think TLJ is a perfect example of Disney's strategy of claiming diversity while making sure any non white character is irrelevant. First they separate the non white characters because they are just not as smart as Holdo, the white woman in power. Then they throw them into a do nothing adventure that would have improved the film just by not existing. Which characters actually matter in that film? Just Rey and Kylo Ren.
    Luke matters as well, but they really botched that story.

Honestly, take the whole C and B plot out, expand Luke training Rey and Kylo/Rey scenes ... and you likely have a pretty interesting movie imo.

If you need to have the other characters, at least have them doing something interesting.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Bill Burr went on about how imp soldiers being killed for nothing then one of the first things he does is shoot the trooper just wanting to have a lil time off work n eat his foods..
    I don't think these Imperial remnant troopers can really be compared to the average trooper in the days of the Empire. These are extremist soldiers who choose to covertly fight for the restauration of the Empire and not just average conscripts.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-12-12 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Kathleen Kennedy is American ... why would her perfect self be British?

Also, Star Wars inserts have been a thing since ANH ... Luke S(kywalker) made by George Lucas (Luke-S) ... George literally named the first main character after himself, and had his son and daughter appear in the prequels, including having his son be the Jedi that Bail Organa sees that sends Bail off to attempt to rescue Jedi.

I just wish Star Wars fans stop pretending George Lucas was somehow better when he is literally just as arrogant and gets a pass because he is the creator.

- - - Updated - - -

Luke matters as well, but they really botched that story.

Honestly, take the whole C and B plot out, expand Luke training Rey and Kylo/Rey scenes ... and you likely have a pretty interesting movie imo.

If you need to have the other characters, at least have them doing something interesting.
    First, she has a affinity for the British...she has done a lot of work with them, she was named was made an honorary Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire. So I'd say she has a thing for the British...unless you're trying to say pretty white British girls are oppressed and that's why she is helping them? (Besides, a British accent can be rather sexy so I couldn't blame her for wanting to be one)

Second, the Disney Trilogy was basically bad fan fiction...Rey was written as perfect and everyone instantly loved her. Luke on the otherhand had setbacks and failures...he wouldn't have beaten the Emperor without the help of his Father. It's all over the net that there wasn't any plans...seemed like the only thing that was known for sure was that Rey was going to be the bestest ever and didn't need any training at all to use her force powers. All it took was 5 minutes for her to master a mind trick it takes others years to get down.

Luke on the other hand, he had setbacks and failures...he didn't charge through everything like he was perfect and invincible...the only times Rey was seemingly in danger Kylo was there to save her! There was no stakes and Rey was perfect...how does that compare to Lucas giving his children minor roles?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Finn had huge potential...the way the trailers for TFA looked that Finn was a former Stormtrooper who turned to good and had potential to become a Jedi, instead what did he become? A lost puppy who screamed for Rey a lot and kept flip flopping on if he was going to be a hero or a coward and run away

10+ Year Old Account
    First, she has a affinity for the British...she has done a lot of work with them, she was named was made an honorary Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire. So I'd say she has a thing for the British...unless you're trying to say pretty white British girls are oppressed and that's why she is helping them? (Besides, a British accent can be rather sexy so I couldn't blame her for wanting to be one)
    The fact you made me waste my time googling your sarcasm annoys me.
    That is literally just as a thank you for providing filming thus work in the Britain/British Empire. It doesn't mean anything here.

Second, the Disney Trilogy was basically bad fan fiction...Rey was written as perfect and everyone instantly loved her. Luke on the otherhand had setbacks and failures...he wouldn't have beaten the Emperor without the help of his Father. It's all over the net that there wasn't any plans...seemed like the only thing that was known for sure was that Rey was going to be the bestest ever and didn't need any training at all to use her force powers. All it took was 5 minutes for her to master a mind trick it takes others years to get down.
    Outside of Kylo, literally no one like her immediately without reason. Seriously, people who go "EVERYONE LIKED HER IMMEDIATELY!" must have watched a different movie that I did.

BB8 - She literally stopped him from being stolen ... pretty much no reason to not like her at that point.
    Finn - LITEALLY LIES TO HER WHEN THEY MEET UP. He doesn't trust her until after they escaped the First Order together AND she had saved his life. He stays with her out of potential guilt if she was captured because he thought the troopers were there for him.
    Han - Didn't like her until she displayed her knowledge of ships.
    Chewie - Not really known his opinion as well he seems to like most people instantly.
    Maz - liked her because she found her to be curious as she had to be someone if she was traveling with Han.
    Leia - there are many reasons why Leia may have liked her, including the fact Han at that point did and Han was willing to risk his life to save her.
    Luke - LITERALLY TOLD HER TO GET LOST.
    The caretakers of Ahch-to definitely didn't like her.
    Snoke wanted to kill/destroy her.
    3PO had no significant interactions with Rey until Rise of Skywalker and he is a protocol droid.
    r2 went with her to find Luke.

Seriously, not everyone like Rey instantly. There are reasons that Rey was liked, the only difference is unlike the original trilogy, they weren't spelled out for you. I can go "Literally everyone liked Luke instantly."

Luke on the other hand, he had setbacks and failures...he didn't charge through everything like he was perfect and invincible...the only times Rey was seemingly in danger Kylo was there to save her! There was no stakes and Rey was perfect...how does that compare to Lucas giving his children minor roles?
    Luke's failure was he lost a hand ... you remove that, literally everything else works out for Luke. He is saved by Obi-wan twice in the first movie. He took on the largest Crimelord on Tatooine to save a friend with a half assed plan that ended up working out. He turned himself over to Vader because he knew Vader would turn. He was instantly trusted to file against the Death Star by the Rebellion. Honestly, you can frame what happened to Luke as "not failures" because everything worked out fine with the only major lost being his hand.

That said, Luke actually had consequences that were long lasting ... which is what I feel this argument is actually about. And they even expand that Luke's victories had consequences that caused potential harm. Yes, Rey is written weaker, but stop pretending Luke was really leagues better.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-12-12 at 05:27 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Anyone felt sorry for the poor hapless lunch trooper? He has just cheered on his heroes, was about to have his lunch in the same room with them, they shoot his asshole officer, he is flabbergasted, then they SHOOT him as well, while it may have been seen necessary, I wanted them to spare him..Bill Burr went on about how imp soldiers being killed for nothing then one of the first things he does is shoot the trooper just wanting to have a lil time off work n eat his foods..

They should have instead went directly for the other officers n spared lunch trooper while he would stand there being unsure...would have added comedic value. Instead we got straight up murder...like, totally rude.

They need to honor the lunch trooper for this outrage, make him a fan merch, the black series, or the very least a funko pop

We need to petition filoni n favreu until they do it.
    Yup, thought we would have some nuance when the troopers were cheering teh trucks coming, then it ends with the base being blown up, like it was literally blowing nuance up. They never get a chance, and this is the second time i know of where former imperials go on an imperial massacre doing exactly what they 'left' the empire for, Star Wars Boyega...

That was a great episode. Bill Burr was exceptional.

They really need to remind people the Empire are space Nazis more often and not just ST cosplay ideas and guys with neat little hats weird faux-British accents.

Empathy for the fascists? LMAO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    snip
    You mean it doesn't mean anything to you because it leans towards proving my point

You gave me lots of examples where they instantly like her for doing little...thank you!

I would call needing to be saved numerous times a setback or failure....he was also saved by Han twice...by Leia...by almost all of the other main characters. His rescue plan almost went to hell and all it would take is one mistake for it all to go south

So if your goal was to prove me right, mission accomplished!

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean it doesn't mean anything to you because it leans towards proving my point
    By literally not doing anything remotely close to that. All it means is that the British royalty chose to honor her. By your logic, Guilani wants to be British.

You gave me lots of examples where they instantly like her for doing little...thank you!
    Except that is literally not the definition of "instantly." And they have reasons for why they like her. Han liked Luke after they survived the Death Star together ... by your logic, Han like Luke "instantly." Hell, outside of a couple jerks in a bar and the enemy, literally EVERYONE liked Luke on little to nothing. Hell, Red Leader liked him because Biggs said he was a good pilot. And Leia trust Luke solely because he said he was there with Obi-wan Kenobi.

I would call needing to be saved numerous times a setback or failure....he was also saved by Han twice...by Leia...by almost all of the other main characters. His rescue plan almost went to hell and all it would take is one mistake for it all to go south
    You mean like Rey in TLJ where she turn herself over to Kylo and Snoke and only escaped because of the Holdo Maneuver and the fact Chewie was there to bail her out in the Falcon?
    Or where Rey dumbassly goes into Palpatine's lair and only manages to beat him because Kylo had turned to the Light Side?
    Or prior in that same movie where she is saved numerous times because someone else is there? Even only beating Kylo on the Death Star wreckage because Leia reaches out to Kylo via the Force?
    Or the fact even though Rey escaped the detention cell she only got off the planet safely because Han, Finn and Chewie showed up and the Resistance attacks the base?

The only real significant difference between Luke and Rey is Luke lost a damn hand. Beyond that, they both magically seem to get out of trouble. Hell, Luke literally reaches out to Leia something we never saw him attempt and wouldn't even know if would work to come rescue him. And Luke manages to use Force telekinesis a power literally NEVER SHOWN until ESB to escape a Wampa.

You are painting Rey in a negative light and giving Luke all the benefit. The issue I have with Rey is that she is literally what we have seen before ... she adds nothing new. Her flaw is she is focused on her past which is just Luke's biggest flaw looking in the other direction ... hell, it is argued Anakin was tied to his past so even that isn't unique. Rey is a bland character that just checks off Star Wars protagonist boxes. She is a paint by numbers rather than her own unique character.

This is part of the reason I like the Mandolorian because he is a different kind of Star Wars protagonist that we haven't seen before. He is literally a man in the moment, he isn't looking really to the future, he is focus on the mission. The here and now, what needs to be done.

Other ones are all pretty similar. Luke - looking towards the future, not focused on what he is doing. Anakin - focused on the loss of the past and wanting to hold on to what parts he can. Rey - focused on the past so much that she doesn't wish to move forward. Even in the animated series our protagonists tend to check off boxes of not being in the moment ... this is even a flaw of Obi-wan in the prequels. Rey's problem is she is literally a character made up of characteristics we have already seen.

So if your goal was to prove me right, mission accomplished!
    If you honestly think anything I said "proves you right" you don't even understand your own argument. Perhaps you should have quit before even trying.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite liked the latest episode. (girlfriend and I basically binge-watched everything in a weekend after a collegue told us about it)
    Anyone knows how more episodes are setup for this season and what the plans for future seasons look like ?
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    I quite liked the latest episode. (girlfriend and I basically binge-watched everything in a weekend after a collegue told us about it)
    Anyone knows how more episodes are setup for this season and what the plans for future seasons look like ?
    1 episode left. Season three is already in the works, planned to be released fall 2021.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I did not expect Oberyn Martell to come out of that suit lol. Well played Disney.

I really didn’t like this episode, to be honest.

Well, I gotta say that actually Bill Barr was incredible, and I really liked how his character was fleshed out.

However, having the Mando not only get out of his armor (which was a cool choice) but then reveal his face to EVERYONE?

It honestly feels like it completely undermined what made him so interesting.

That, coupled with the “other sect” that openly reveal their faces, that his coven was a “radical element”, sort of paints the idea that “No, your beliefs don’t make you special, everyone is the same”, just like Bill Barr says.

Which is frustrating because those scenes you got an inside look into the Mandalorian culture were, in Season 1, some of my favorite scenes! But it feels almost like for some reason, they’ve completely abandoned that concept of allowing him to hold to his beliefs.

I mean as basic storytelling goes, we all knew that EVENTUALLY he would have to remove his helmet, but the stakes didn’t feel THAT high, there was no build-up to the moment, and the way it plays out, it just completely undermines everything that made the character so interesting.

I heard there was a lot of drama behind the scenes that Pedro Pascal wanted more scenes without his helmet, but it really feels like a bad move. Especially him just having this neatly trimmed goatee and mustache, like that doesn’t even make SENSE for his character; he should either have a full beard (conveying he doesn’t care how he looks), or have him clean shaven and more militant (conveying his choice is purely functional).

Anyways... it honestly kind of kills a lot of my excitement for the character, and by extension the show. If he really is willing to cast his beliefs aside, he really is just “a guy”, and that’s way less interesting.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    snip
    If u had seen star wars clone wars/rebels, u'd known wearing a helmet all the time was not basic mandalorian culture..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I really didn’t like this episode, to be honest.

Well, I gotta say that actually Bill Barr was incredible, and I really liked how his character was fleshed out.

However, having the Mando not only get out of his armor (which was a cool choice) but then reveal his face to EVERYONE?

It honestly feels like it completely undermined what made him so interesting.

That, coupled with the “other sect” that openly reveal their faces, that his coven was a “radical element”, sort of paints the idea that “No, your beliefs don’t make you special, everyone is the same”, just like Bill Barr says.

Which is frustrating because those scenes you got an inside look into the Mandalorian culture were, in Season 1, some of my favorite scenes! But it feels almost like for some reason, they’ve completely abandoned that concept of allowing him to hold to his beliefs.

I mean as basic storytelling goes, we all knew that EVENTUALLY he would have to remove his helmet, but the stakes didn’t feel THAT high, there was no build-up to the moment, and the way it plays out, it just completely undermines everything that made the character so interesting.

I heard there was a lot of drama behind the scenes that Pedro Pascal wanted more scenes without his helmet, but it really feels like a bad move. Especially him just having this neatly trimmed goatee and mustache, like that doesn’t even make SENSE for his character; he should either have a full beard (conveying he doesn’t care how he looks), or have him clean shaven and more militant (conveying his choice is purely functional).

Anyways... it honestly kind of kills a lot of my excitement for the character, and by extension the show. If he really is willing to cast his beliefs aside, he really is just “a guy”, and that’s way less interesting.
    Stakes weren't high? If he didn't remove his helmet then not only would things have gone south he probably would have blown the chance to find Grogu, getting nearly blown up by raiders would have been for nothing. What should it be...a if he doesn't take of his helmet Grogu will die scenario? Kinda cheesy...