Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    An argument is a discussion.
    But not every discussion is an argument. That's my point. You know this, but you also know that once you subject yourself to the scrutiny of an actual argument, you fall through the floor.

What trap am I falling into by discussing with you?
    Oof. I knew you had blinders on, but this... oof.

pointing out you forgot that Mandalore has always been a culture of extremes.
    And you somehow think that "extreme" is one term that has no nuance or difference, and that it applies always and unequivocally in the same way, and there can't be MORE or LESS extreme times. Which is understandable, because that's the only way to so completely miss my point, and so you keep repeating it. Because otherwise you'd have to go "you know what, I just misunderstood, that's my bad" and that of course is an unacceptable attack on a self-worth that's somehow tied to compulsively one-upping forum posters with a "no ACKSHUALLY...!" come hell or high water.

But do keep things coming, it is kind of amusing to see you incapable of refraining from digging that hole deeper and deeper. As I'm sure you will with your next reply, which will be another barrage of evasions and complaints designed to extricate you from having to own up to a simple and trivial mistake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But do keep things coming, it is kind of amusing to see you incapable of refraining from digging that hole deeper and deeper. As I'm sure you will with your next reply, which will be another barrage of evasions and complaints designed to extricate you from having to own up to a simple and trivial mistake.
    How am I evading anything? I'm not the one refusing to own up to a simple mistake. You wanted them to return to no icons, no symbolism and just mandalore. Just mandalore saw a civil war that exiled religious zealots and caused the "old way" warriors to abandon the planet. It saw a "new" pacifist oriented style take over the planet.

The only one tying self-worth to this discussion is yourself since you keep making it personal for no reason. It really is amusing how you keep throwing a fit and accusing me of the very things you keep doing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

How am I evading anything?
    TRULY, 'TIS A MYSTERY.

But seriously, it's getting a little out of hand, don't annoy the other people in here. Get your final "NO U!" off your chest, and then we can leave it be, k?

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Honestly why would someone want to follow Bo when she was the person who got the Darksaber destroyed?

Though to be honest I don't have a problem with it being destroyed just that the fight did it very unceremoniously. Its like if a story of king arthur and his knights had excalibur just casually snap in two with little fanfare. It honestly looked like a very weak grab regardless of any special tech he supposedly had.

And no, I don't buy Bo's gauntlet's being thicker than the dark saber. They just look like leather gloves with a plate on the back of the palm. Her fingers should be mush.
    I mean, if we want to be super pedantic about realism, there's a whole bunch of things that what happened would depend on. What the sword is made of, how she's gripping it, where the hand gripping hers grips, what it's made out of, the kind of force applied, where the force is applied, etc. It's Stars Wars though, who cares?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    No it doesn't, Mandalorians beat the imps cuz Mandalorians are used to infighting, and go for the weak spots,. Din Djarin stabbs people in the ankle, knee, neck etc
    Bo-Katan cleaved imps through stomach area where there was no beskar.

It's beskar used for volume to get as many stormtroopers as possible into beskar alloy (not pure beskar)
    Its cost cutting measure, while Gideon is in beskar from head to foot, which he goes full robocop on the mandos without worrying about taking damage.

But yeah, season was up n down...

I wanted Bo-Katan to go full Khaleesi with the mythosaur, but I guess it wasn't in the budget..

I guess they wasted creature effects budget on that alien raptor flying creature where their jetpacks suddenly run out of fuel... But last episode Axe flies to space..

Jesus the organisation of this season../facepalm..

No wait they had creature effects previous episode on some alien turtle kaiju that destroyed their pirate ship..I GUESS THAT WAS MORE IMPORTANT
    Honestly, I thought that's where they were going with the Pershing episode. I thought they were going to have him somehow get noticed by the Mandalorians, get rescued from that girl that played Space Xena in Ant man, and have him help them clone/resurrect the Mythosaur species.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I thought they were going to have him somehow get noticed by the Mandalorians, get rescued from that girl that played Space Xena in Ant man, and have him help them clone/resurrect the Mythosaur species.
    I am irrationally angered by the whole Pershing thing, it felt so out of place both narratively and tonally, and it actually ended up not having any sort of payoff whatsoever. Why do this to us?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am irrationally angered by the whole Pershing thing, it felt so out of place both narratively and tonally, and it actually ended up not having any sort of payoff whatsoever. Why do this to us?
    Still feels like it was a breadcrumb to a future show/season that they had to shoe horn in with Rangers being canned.

Now that Mando S4 is basically him freelancing as the Ranger it'll be something they'll come back to. I assume they needed to show it for when the Dark Council conversation occurred.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Still feels like it was a breadcrumb to a future show/season that they had to shoe horn in with Rangers being canned.

Now that Mando S4 is basically him freelancing as the Ranger it'll be something they'll come back to. I assume they needed to show it for when the Dark Council conversation occurred.
    Even if it's a S4 breadcrumb it's poorly done.

Showing us Pershing isn't needed for the Dark Council conversation - heck you don't even need to alter the existing conversation, just take Gideon's word that Pershing isn't going to be of any use as all the explanation you need for what happened to him. Don't need a 30-minute segment showing him eating his favorite crackers just for THAT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated every second of it.
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    I noticed jon favreau wasn't his jovial self at star wars celebrations..

Honestly why would someone want to follow Bo when she was the person who got the Darksaber destroyed?

Though to be honest I don't have a problem with it being destroyed just that the fight did it very unceremoniously. Its like if a story of king arthur and his knights had excalibur just casually snap in two with little fanfare. It honestly looked like a very weak grab regardless of any special tech he supposedly had.

And no, I don't buy Bo's gauntlet's being thicker than the dark saber. They just look like leather gloves with a plate on the back of the palm. Her fingers should be mush.
    Cuz they're just gonna rebuild the Darksaber, but with a cool Beskar sheath instead. This is Star Wars, people. Very little has actual sticking power. Obi-Wan was out of the picture for half a movie. Luke's hand was gone for like twenty minutes of runtime! And thats just OG trilogy stuff off the top of my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Cuz they're just gonna rebuild the Darksaber, but with a cool Beskar sheath instead. This is Star Wars, people. Very little has actual sticking power. Obi-Wan was out of the picture for half a movie. Luke's hand was gone for like twenty minutes of runtime! And thats just OG trilogy stuff off the top of my head.
    They shot Fennec Shand in the stomach and she just comes back with a robot stomach and hangs with Boba who dragged himself out of a Sarlacc then they waited around for Palpatine to somehow return.
    /s

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Rebuilding the Darksaber would be cheap, imho. It was an artifact build once from the only Mandalorian Jedi ever, was passed on as a symbol of power over the (majority of) Mandalorians and, even with the suggestion Ihavewaffles done in this thread, would be impossible to remake unless a Force user would be involved.

Din Grogu is too young. That leaves Luke and Ahsoka, who i doubt they would mess with a weapon that used to be the symbol of Mandalorians fighting the Jedi.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, but at the same time, there was so much about Pershing and his cloning knowledge that seemed to be leading to either Palp clones or (as we saw) Giddeon clones. Which was quite another thing that was wasted. How were they made, with whose tech and knowledge, how was the Force imbued to them and if already born species could be imbued as well.

Was Pershing made a veggie after subjected to the mind flaying machine? Why wasting his talents and knowledge?

The only useful thing about the episode was info about the new republic. Their bureaucracy, their seemingly civilised ways and their Imperial re(something, forgot the name) program, their indifference about armies and fleets etc.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Um, what? It is literally the explanation of Gideon's clone and plans with them.

I suppose they could have actually activated a force sensitive clone of Gideon.

And as other said, it may relate to something else down the road. The Mandalorian has a weird relation is "filler" ... tons of the filler episodes come back around and impact the plot in a later season. And it established Elia Kane as a mole placed in the New Republic.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2023-04-21 at 04:31 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    It did at least provide information about Pershings research and why the New Republic isn't deploying forces to the area to take on Imperials. It also allows them to have a natural flow to Thrawns introduction because we know he is working with the Shadow Council rather then just appearing.

They definitely could have made it feel less like a different show though.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It did at least provide information about Pershings research and why the New Republic isn't deploying forces to the area to take on Imperials.
    Nobody cares
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Rebuilding the Darksaber would be cheap, imho. It was an artifact build once from the only Mandalorian Jedi ever, was passed on as a symbol of power over the (majority of) Mandalorians and, even with the suggestion Ihavewaffles done in this thread, would be impossible to remake unless a Force user would be involved.

Din Grogu is too young. That leaves Luke and Ahsoka, who i doubt they would mess with a weapon that used to be the symbol of Mandalorians fighting the Jedi.
    Having a jedi be involved with rebuilding the Darksaber is an important piece of symbolism, cuz it means the Darksaber was both figuratively and literally transformed from a symbol of division (between the houses, between mandolorians and the jedi) into one of unity. It would only be cheap if the execution was cheap.

The payoff, was that despite appearances the new republic and empire aren't all that different.

Just a little less brutal, hey we're not going to have an investigation or a trial, we'll just use this mind-altering device on you.

It also served to show how full of itself the new republic is, how inefficient it can be due to bureacracy etc and how moles and spies could eventuall be a massive part of it's downfall.
    Just like nazi germany, there were willing collaborators and those who did what they did because they wanted to, and given the chance some would return to those ways.
    Last edited by [Apok]; 2023-04-21 at 04:25 PM.

The galaxy might have been better off splitting off into seperate groups. The republic has shown itself to be over-centralized and ineffective, which let Palpatine rise to make the empire by abusing its flaws. The doesnt seem to be any great thinkers on how to correct this just "democracy good!". And yes, democracy is good, but there's really not to much to keep the galaxy united as one.

The galaxy might have been better off splitting off into seperate groups. The republic has shown itself to be over-centralized and ineffective, which let Palpatine rise to make the empire by abusing its flaws. The doesnt seem to be any great thinkers on how to correct this just "democracy good!". And yes, democracy is good, but there's really not to much to keep the galaxy united as one.
    They really should have gone with the extra-galactic threat for the sequel trilogy, or even thrawns heir to the empire as sequel trilogy.

What we got was basically fan-fic.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    They really should have gone with the extra-galactic threat for the sequel trilogy, or even thrawns heir to the empire as sequel trilogy.

What we got was basically fan-fic.
    We seem to be slowly easing into the thrawn trilogy but I agree.

If they went for big extra-galactic threat I'd have probably gone for a bigger time timeskip to avoid the 'distaster suddenly happens all the time' issue a lot of franchises have.

I think a Thrawn trilogy mixed with the 'how does democracy fix itself after the empire' could be a cool idea. You have a study of how the original republic failed, and trying to find a new way forward, and then you have Thrawn representing the 'easy' authoritarian option and poking at the complications of democracy. Though you need the right characters to tell it, and right now Disney star wars is populated by bounty hunters and exiles.