Now that they've damaged the Razor Crest, can he please replace it with a Mandalorian Gauntlet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ELYPOP View Post
    Now that they've damaged the Razor Crest, can he please replace it with a Mandalorian Gauntlet?
    No crappy razorcrest 4 life
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

A lot of the internet is freaking out, because Baby Yoda was eating eggs.... why? I mean, has no one ever eaten eggs? Or Kaviar?
    The child is growing up, it needs lots of food and I doubt Mando has been thinking about that much, so it has to get it where it can. Also, if Baby Yoda thinks it's just food, of course he's going to nick some, even if the frog lady is guarding the eggs. I bet Mando locks his food away too and guards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    I just meant this episode. Not every season 1 episode had it either but there were too many. It was still convenient nonsense here because they showed up just as the big one was about to kill them. It's lazy storytelling. It's like the 4th time in 10 episodes Mando has been saved at the last minute by something out of his control.
    It's dramatic timing but it was reasonably set up - he was still being hunted. Would it have been more real if they had shown up too late or if he'd just shot it to death himself? Or better yet if they had shown up and saved everyone before the dramatic tension ramped up, that would probably be more realistic. Honestly if you want to quibble on the realism I'd argue getting that thing airborne again is the bigger problem. That said, the show isn't trying to be realistic, this isn't The Wire, it's a Star Wars story - basically for kids. Feelings > logic in this kind of story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    A lot of the internet is freaking out, because Baby Yoda was eating eggs.... why? I mean, has no one ever eaten eggs? Or Kaviar?
    The child is growing up, it needs lots of food and I doubt Mando has been thinking about that much, so it has to get it where it can. Also, if Baby Yoda thinks it's just food, of course he's going to nick some, even if the frog lady is guarding the eggs. I bet Mando locks his food away too and guards it.
    Definitely made me sad every time he ate one of those eggs but yeah, it's not like he knew better or what harm he was causing. Pretty sure frog lady figured out what was up and she didn't hold onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It's dramatic timing but it was reasonably set up - he was still being hunted. Would it have been more real if they had shown up too late or if he'd just shot it to death himself? Or better yet if they had shown up and saved everyone before the dramatic tension ramped up, that would probably be more realistic. Honestly if you want to quibble on the realism I'd argue getting that thing airborne again is the bigger problem. That said, the show isn't trying to be realistic, this isn't The Wire, it's a Star Wars story - basically for kids. Feelings > logic in this kind of story.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely made me sad every time he ate one of those eggs but yeah, it's not like he knew better or what harm he was causing. Pretty sure frog lady figured out what was up and she didn't hold onto it.
    Well yea, I see why from our viewer perspective it was bad that Baby Yoda was eating the eggs, but I've heard some people actually saying (or writing in comments) that the Child is a psychopath because of that and that's a bit over the line, I think ^^

Also, those spiders looked a lot like the Iknayd from swtor.

Well yea, I see why from our viewer perspective it was bad that Baby Yoda was eating the eggs, but I've heard some people actually saying (or writing in comments) that the Child is a psychopath because of that and that's a bit over the line, I think ^^

Also, those spiders looked a lot like the Iknayd from swtor.
    Agreed, some people can't separate their own understanding of a scene from what the character knows/understands. Or maybe they were angry vegans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ELYPOP View Post
    Its in TROS so Im not betting on it going anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

My man looks like a monkey toad-lizard, what do people expect him to eat? You dont just leave tasty snacks around toddlers. If the complaints are on Twitter I guarentee thers a group of people upset that Kid isn't vegan.

Im also going to assume Baby Yoda's name is 'Kid' because its capitalized in the subtitles.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This episode had the weirdest Disney comic relief I have ever seen. Frog mom crying about the extinction and Baby Yoda just eating those eggs like a prankters.

15+ Year Old Account
    The egg eating was only weird because it kept happening and the mother never noticed. And the one at the end was weird because where the heck was he keeping it. The joke was a little played out but seems about normal for the Child even if from an outside perspective it seems evil.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And the one at the end was weird because where the heck was he keeping it.
    I mean, that is a pretty loose robe, with pretty wide sleeves.

Honestly I thought it was a great touch to have him eat the eggs. More than the joke value, it also says something about the weird species economies of SW. And hey - the reason some species spawn a huge number of eggs is precisely BECAUSE they expect most of them not to make it And these were unfertilized eggs anyway, so he's basically just slurping up frog lady's period.

Yep. That's in your brain now.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Its in TROS so Im not betting on it going anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

My man looks like a monkey toad-lizard, what do people expect him to eat? You dont just leave tasty snacks around toddlers. If the complaints are on Twitter I guarentee thers a group of people upset that Kid isn't vegan.

Im also going to assume Baby Yoda's name is 'Kid' because its capitalized in the subtitles.
    Heh, no, I haven't seen calls for veganism, but I haven't been digging too deep into it either. It was mostly youtube videos and their comments ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Mando: Great, I'll get my Razor Crest and blast it away
    Sheriff: You can't - that thing will sense the tremors from your ship and hide deep under the ground

You don't need SD to do orbital bombardment. Just point your ship down and shoot. It's lasers.
    That would be the most boring season starter episode ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I mean, that is a pretty loose robe, with pretty wide sleeves.

Honestly I thought it was a great touch to have him eat the eggs. More than the joke value, it also says something about the weird species economies of SW. And hey - the reason some species spawn a huge number of eggs is precisely BECAUSE they expect most of them not to make it And these were unfertilized eggs anyway, so he's basically just slurping up frog lady's period.

Yep. That's in your brain now.
    I think I was 12 the first time someone pointed that out to me about eggs. Just had some today. Delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    That would be the most boring season starter episode ever.
    They also mentioned in that episode that the Krayt dragon would have fled and hidden had he tried using the Razorcrest, it was literally the first train of thought he had when being given the task.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I have a feeling Baby Yoda is storing those eggs instead of eating them, because the others will be destroyed or something.
    Don't overthink this

He's a baby, not some genius galactic savior.

Eggs are yummy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Mando: Great, I'll get my Razor Crest and blast it away
    Sheriff: You can't - that thing will sense the tremors from your ship and hide deep under the ground

You don't need SD to do orbital bombardment. Just point your ship down and shoot. It's lasers.

The Tusken problem could've been solved a LONG TIME AGO when the people first settled there. We don't have a problem droning undesirables on Earth, why would Republic hesitate to drone the sand people? And even if Tatooine is on the fringe of republic space - the people there have spaceports and trade, and mercs and hunting guild. And yet sand people are still an issue. A single Anakin canceled an entire village of them, yes, women and children too. It is doable. At the very least sandpeople would've just kept to themselves and avoided any contact, they would've stopped raiding if every raid resulted in one less village to feed.
    One: blasters aren't lasers. Seriously, have you EVER seen anything in the star wars universe before?

Two: Anakin was the strongest jedi in the republic at that point.

Three: how much do you think a tiny, defunct mining village can pay to get an army of mercs to track down a nomadic people that have been living and raiding on this planet since before the first dumbasses landed there?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    But he had, like, a moment with them
    I have a moment with steak all the time.

Doesn't mean I'm keeping the celestial sirloin on hold for when it's needed.

Did anyone point out that s2e1 was a better Monster Hunter movie than the Monster Hunter movie will be?

Another thought I had after tonight's episode. With the reveal of Boba at the end of ep1 and the condition of Din's ship at the end of ep2, do you think, possibly, Mando and Boba will work together and possibly Boba trade the Slave for his armor?
    Last edited by MrMatticus; 2020-11-07 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    With the reveal of Boba at the end of ep1 and the condition of Din's ship at the end of ep2, do you think, possibly, Mando and Boba will work together and possibly Boba trade the Slave for his armor?
    Personally I think that was just a nod at the character and it won't end up a story point later on, but eh, who knows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Another thought I had after tonight's episode. With the reveal of Boba at the end of ep1 and the condition of Din's ship at the end of ep2, do you think, possibly, Mando and Boba will work together and possibly Boba trade the Slave for his armor?
    Unlikely. The Razor Crest is the "iconic" ship for him in all the merchandise (Lego set, t-shirts, etc) and even appears in other games (Star Wars: Squadrons and I also believe in the upcoming lego Skywalker Saga). He may fly something different for an episode but his ship will always be the Razor Crest for the foreseeable future.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."