Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If gear doesn't matter then why does everyone demand 50 ilvls higher than the minimum requirement to do a M+?

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    If gear doesn't matter then why does everyone demand 50 ilvls higher than the minimum requirement to do a M+?
    Cus they can get people 50 ils higher

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Blizzard tried to make WoW PvP into an esport game, which they horribly failed at (like any other of their IPs that they wanted to be a big esport game)
    You sure? Because arenas and Overwatch do very well in e-sports.

BFA is what happens when you take the idiots that designed Diablo 3s gear system and import it in to wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    Okay let's see.
    SC2, WoW, HoTS hmmm thats 3 games promoted with esports that eventually failed. Overwatch is already sinking.
    People move on as time moves on. SC2 was immensely popular in it's prime, as was WoW. Now people are obsessed with Battle Royale and MOBAs are, as usual, still king when it comes to competition. And since League and Dota were here first, they're the ones that gained the biggest followings. But think about what they were fucking based on before you continue shitting on Blizzard. The eSport scene wouldn't be what it is today without Blizzard. None of Blizzard's games have truly died. Yet, I've listened to people like you shout it from the rooftops for over a decade.

And please, get this through your head. A game does not need to be #1 to be relevant.

I see this way of thinking FAR too often and it's fucking ridiculous. No, Overwatch is not "sinking". It's not dying. It's not going anywhere, I promise you that. Even if people are taking a break for whatever reason...whether it be the state of the game, the lack of content, a popular new release...whatever. It doesn't matter. The moment it gets updated, they'll be back and the viewership will skyrocket once again. Dota 2 has 32k viewers right now. Overwatch has 28k. Is Dota a dying failure too? WoW is #5 with 52k btw.

As long as nothing better comes along, these games and their players are here to stay. And if you haven't noticed, Blizzard is very, VERY good at keeping their players coming back. In fact, I don't know of one single time where another game actually TOOK most of the players away from one of their games. It's always been either Blizzard taking the players (like with Overwatch) or a game simply failing to take players (like with HotS) or players slowly losing interest due to time and lack of meaningful content (Starcraft, Diablo).
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    in a way hes kinda right. Right now even if you managed to hack your way into a full set of ilvl 400 gear no sane person is going to take a Shadow Priest or Elemental Shaman or MM Hunter or Fire Mage to a raid or high level mythic group. So basically gear doesnt matter because no matter how high your ilvl is those specs are dumpster shit so all the gear in the world isnt going to make them viable.
    ? Drjay did pretty high keys playing fire mage this week and said fire mage is perfectly fine and situationally better than frost (even more with the recent buff). The single target damage is surprisingly good thanks to the execute damage (buffed scorch). People interested in high level M+ know that fire mage is viable at the highest level. Fire mage has been used on Ghuun mythic too (3 of the top 5 guilds used a fire mage on Ghuun).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    But not the only thing. Player progression was defined in many, many ways and not primarily around what you're wearing.

That's my primary issue with WoW. The pursuit of gear at all costs, past the point where you actually need said gear to successfully bring down objectives. That said, this entire thread is based on false premises.
    Its a fact that gear doesnt matter at all for me. Am i the only one?

Why should i want gear? It doesnt matter in PvP and i dont want to do Mythic raiding. Therefore there is no use to it.

You could argue that this is intended and by game design.
    But seems to me a very strange design choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Its a fact that gear doesnt matter at all for me. Am i the only one?

Why should i want gear? It doesnt matter in PvP and i dont want to do Mythic raiding. Therefore there is no use to it.

You could argue that this is intended and by game design.
    But seems to me a very strange design choice.
    your headcanon is not actual canon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    your headcanon is not actual canon
    why do i need the item level then? I dont want to do Mythic raiding.

why do i need the item level then? I dont want to do Mythic raiding.
    to do more damage. So when someone who has better gear than you sees you in the world, you don't get killed like a trash mob

If you personally don't think you have to get better gear, so be it. tons of people were content with dungeon set 1 in vanilla, I guess.

Deleted
    to do more damage. So when someone who has better gear than you sees you in the world, you don't get killed like a trash mob

If you personally don't think you have to get better gear, so be it. tons of people were content with dungeon set 1 in vanilla, I guess.
    Gear doesnt matter in PvP. It matters only a very tiny bit.

A Monk with 80k health can almost one shot my 235k health Rogue.
    Rogues with lvl 70 warglaives and gear from the WotlK are top in damage in battlegrounds.

Gear doesnt matter.

Its the main reason i lack motivation to farm ilvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Where is my free mythic Uldir set?
    sorry to dissapoint you, but no more sets in wow, it was to stressful on the armor designers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumsgone View Post
    You have no constructive criticism AT ALL, you do not even thoroughly explain what your complaints are, and your post sounds like every other whining naysayer claiming the almost 15-year-old game still at the top of the genre is dead. You would think people would get sick of bitching at some point...

Your argument is "The game is shit because I say so." Get over yourself. You did the right thing by quitting, so why waste your time whining on not even official blizzard forums about said game you apparently couldn't stomach playing anymore?
    Arent we all happy the game is catered towards people like you who only have 10 minutes of playtime every day yet want everything there is to get?

Rogues with lvl 70 warglaives and gear from the WotlK are top in damage in battlegrounds.

Gear doesnt matter.

you're 100% wrong but there's no convincing you. 120 vs a 120 with better gear, you will get roflstomped

- - - Updated - - -

Gear doesnt matter.

And lol, you don't have 235k hp.

- - - Updated - - -

Gear doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    This what I'm expecting:

1) There will be shit ton people on release.
    2) Many will enjoy their nostalgia trip, but people that never played Vanilla will quickly bounce back.
    3) Most people will join just for levelling to visit old world again, raids will be ghost town (mostly groups will be driven by some bigger youtuber/streamer and these will have toxic level over 9000).
    4) We won't see massive exodus from private servers to Classic. Do you think they suddenly will pay for exactly same stuff that they had for free? Also, it's not as many of them as you may think.
    5) MMO Champs will call it a "total failure" and blame Blizzard, because they put it on launcher or something.
    About 70% sure this is gonna happen lol

I can't imagine how anyone could think this if they actually play the game.
    Or even follow it.

I mean, one of the most common complaints is Azerite Gear. How could gear not matter if that topic is so heated?

Trust me, as a 380 Blood DK.
    If you think gear doesn't matter you are just doing content that you over gear.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    you're 100% wrong but there's no convincing you. 120 vs a 120 with better gear, you will get roflstomped

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I mean 125k health, it was a typo.
    And what you are saying is not true...
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-10-08 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Where is my free mythic Uldir set?
    I would also like to know this. I rather like the way the cloth, mail, and plate sets look, so I would like it handed to me. Can someone give me a link to the quest/chest that just gives it to me?

I feel like gear DOES matter on a fresh 120 up to about 340 ilvl. Then you hit this odd wall where you can't get any meaningful upgrades unless you do M+5 or higher or normal Uldir. For those that played legion and previous expansions you're hit with this odd questions of why bother with it? In 2 months time some new catch up mechanic will be added via higher scaled WQs, or rare drops in new zones etc. After I hit 340 on my main i stopped caring about gear. I just finished my exalted rep to unlock the races, did one normal uldir pug, one LFR to see how it was, a few M+. Thats it. I let my sub end and my ilvl was around 353 or so which is enough to sit on it until pathfinder part 2 comes out and hopefully they fix this game to actually matter with gear upgrades. I was so sad about the current path wow is on that I was browsing for WOTLK servers to play since I enjoyed that a lot and I already had played a TBC server like last year anyway. Then I realized I'm trying to fix a ghost that is long gone. I keep coming back to wow because I want to relive the old days of TBC-WOTLK but in reality now... I just want a mmorpg where gear matters, progression matters, its actually fun, in depth class design , with lots of abilities to press. Not this forced to WQ for peanuts rep to exalted then M+ or Raid.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if you pushed your difficulty threshold you'd notice the difference but you'd actually have to care playing in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    I feel like gear DOES matter on a fresh 120 up to about 340 ilvl. Then you hit this odd wall where you can't get any meaningful upgrades unless you do M+5 or higher or normal Uldir. For those that played legion and previous expansions you're hit with this odd questions of why bother with it? In 2 months time some new catch up mechanic will be added via higher scaled WQs, or rare drops in new zones etc. After I hit 340 on my main i stopped caring about gear. I just finished my exalted rep to unlock the races, did one normal uldir pug, one LFR to see how it was, a few M+. Thats it. I let my sub end and my ilvl was around 353 or so which is enough to sit on it until pathfinder part 2 comes out and hopefully they fix this game to actually matter with gear upgrades. I was so sad about the current path wow is on that I was browsing for WOTLK servers to play since I enjoyed that a lot and I already had played a TBC server like last year anyway. Then I realized I'm trying to fix a ghost that is long gone. I keep coming back to wow because I want to relive the old days of TBC-WOTLK but in reality now... I just want a mmorpg where gear matters, progression matters, its actually fun, in depth class design , with lots of abilities to press. Not this forced to WQ for peanuts rep to exalted then M+ or Raid.
    You're playing an mmo - there will always be new content around the corner along with new gear. You're free to join a guild for hc-raiding, PvP or just tap out to return in the future to repeat another lap on the hamster wheel you've reduced your experience to. It's predictable and boring because you don't go out of your way to look for fun or see what could happen by making new friends. You might just find what you're looking for and missing.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

For PVP, gear should not matter at all,

For PVE, scaling is a bad idea I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic