Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonmaw and Wild Hammer

Dragonmaw
    • would basically be Mag'ar orcs but with cool dragon tattoos.
    • Their leader would be some new character since we have no idea who is in charge once we killed Zeelia

Wildhammer
    • would basically be bronzebeard dwarfs but with cool tribal tattoos.
    • We could see their leader Falstad actually do something for a change

Either one of them could have a cool racial to use a flight master whistle anywhere in the world to make leveling better.

This could probably be the two easiest allied races to add in so can it please just happen :C

Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    This could probably be the two easiest allied races to add in so can it please just happen :C
    While they would be interesting, I doubt Blizzard will flood a faction with more than one copy of an existing race. Horde will have two orc races and Alliance has two dwarf races. Three is pushing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    didnt we kill all the dragonmaw in siege of org?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    While they would be interesting, I doubt Blizzard will flood a faction with more than one copy of an existing race. Horde will have two orc races and Alliance has two dwarf races. Three is pushing it.
    It depends on what they intend with the Allied Race system.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    raventusk
    I give your idea Not-Dragonmaw out of 10

Maybe next expansion, when the current orc and dwarf allied races aren't so fresh. Would much rather have something different for now.

How about...

Furbolgs for Alliance and Ogres for Horde instead.
    Or Saberon for Alliance and High Arakkoa for Horde instead.
    Or Jinyu for Alliance and Mogu for Horde instead.

Literally any of those would be better.

I believe they intend to try and connect each of the original races bc era. With each one bringing in there own allied race.
    Humans= Kultirans
    Ironforge dwarves=Dark iron
    Dranei=Lightforged
    Alleria/highelf/void elf=Void elves
    Nightelves= ???
    Worgen=Nightelf worgen?
    Gnomes=mechagnomes?

Orcs= Maghar
    Bloodelves=nightborne
    Trolls=Zandalari
    Tauren=Highmountain
    Goblins=Mooks/ogres??
    Forsaken=Possible undead nightelves?

Pandas= Depending on faction Hozen for Horde Jinyu for alliance.

Having one race bring in more then one allied race. I don't think they want that to happen. Keep in mind each faction that brings in a new allied faction has to be there to earn that factions respect. Sorta like with the legion allied races. Look to those hints. Some mention vulpera, but what race was there during the questing to help them? Did the wildhammers show up in BFA? If so what faction helped them while questing? It's the little things that lead to adding them. Sure wildhammers would be neat. But remember we are dealing with a B class dev team that doesn't perform as well as previous teams.
    Last edited by tripleh; 2018-10-10 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    How about...

Furbolgs for Alliance and Ogres for Horde instead.
    Or Saberon for Alliance and High Arakkoa for Horde instead.
    Or Jinyu for Alliance and Mogu for Horde instead.

Literally any of those would be better.
    Yeah let's slap in some random ass races that make 0 sense to join horde of alliance and say that it literally would be better. Not to mention most of races you suggested wouldn't fit into allied race concept as they are not even based on original pc models (arrakoa, furbolgs, ogre).

Wildhammer and Dragonmaw/Raventusk are perfect candidates for allied races.

I don’t think every race will get the treatment of the “sub-race” but I think we will see a few.
    Humans and Gilneans have Kul-Tierans, I can’t see a worgan subrace since they are literally humans that have an accent. The model is the same except wolf form which I guess you could have a different form but that would be a huge stretch and a bit lame. The only thing I could see POTENTIALLY working (and it’s a stretch as well) would be the lightforged undead for Worgan. They would be the equally opposed to the foresaken race that there is however to make one it took a considerable feat which I don’t feel is repeatablebut hey...storytelling....
    Gnomes could have a Mecha-Gnome after we do SoZ therma could be inserted ala-Minron into a mecha body.
    Foresaken and Goblins to me are the hardest. Goblins are pretty isolated and independent. They don’t have allies as such that would be a playable race as sorts. The Aquatic Goblins don’t really seem aligned to anybody except Azshara (Abyssal Maw). Foresaken I have no idea...dark rangers? (Yay another elf race)

We do only have 4 races left for them to add a counterpart to (should that be the way they want it to go):
    Foresaken
    Goblin
    Gilnean
    Gnome

I don’t think Pandaren are getting one being neutral and all

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yeah let's slap in some random ass races that make 0 sense to join horde of alliance and say that it literally would be better. Not to mention most of races you suggested wouldn't fit into allied race concept as they are not even based on original pc models (arrakoa, furbolgs, ogre).

Wildhammer and Dragonmaw/Raventusk are perfect candidates for allied races.
    Uh, what? Furbolgs have allied with the Night Elves. Mogu were allied with the Zandalari who are now Horde. Ogres WERE part of the Horde. Jinyu officially joined the Alliance in Mists, they just aren't playable. The only argument would be Saberon and High Arakkoa. Also, most of those races share rigs/skeletons with existing PC's, they just have vastly different aesthetics which is what we should be getting instead of 3 types of dwarves and ogres with tattoos that could easily be added in as new customize options for Mag'har/Azeroth ogres or Bronzebeard dwarves. Unless you want to grind 30k rep just to have tattoos on a dwarf. Are you mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It depends on what they intend with the Allied Race system.
    Try to maximise profit potential with the non-unlimited slots they have available for allied races.

Blizzard would make more money if they diversify the types of races they introduce. People who wanted a "different" dwarf race will have already chosen Dark Iron. Adding in Wildhammer may get more people to race change but not as much as another "unique" allied race.

So far we have allied races that are copies of Tauren, Dwarves, Draenei, Elves (one for each faction), Orcs and Trolls.

Chances are better we get copies of the races that haven't been mentioned yet. Gnomes, Humans, Worgen, Undead, Goblins and possibly Pandaren. Or at least use their skeletons for a similar race.

Hinterlands Warfront with connected Wildhammer Dwarf and Revantusk Forest Troll Allied Races sounds like the ideal way to go.

Just give the Dragonmaw skins to the Mag'har. Some of the Burning Blade and Blackrock Orcs I've seen on Draenor use 'em anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Try to maximise profit potential with the non-unlimited slots they have available for allied races.

Blizzard would make more money if they diversify the types of races they introduce. People who wanted a "different" dwarf race will have already chosen Dark Iron. Adding in Wildhammer may get more people to race change but not as much as another "unique" allied race.

So far we have allied races that are copies of Tauren, Dwarves, Draenei, Elves (one for each faction), Orcs and Trolls.

Chances are better we get copies of the races that haven't been mentioned yet. Gnomes, Humans, Worgen, Undead, Goblins and possibly Pandaren. Or at least use their skeletons for a similar race.
    You are correct, it isn't "unlimited" ... it is only limited by what Blizzard wants to do. Don't think we are just going to get 12 and only 12 allied races (one uses each of the playable race mock up) or 13 including Pandaren. Blizzard has made no such statement on how many Allied races they are planning nor have they stated that Allied races will only be a thing for BfA.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are correct, it isn't "unlimited" ... it is only limited by what Blizzard wants to do. Don't think we are just going to get 12 and only 12 allied races (one uses each of the playable race mock up) or 13 including Pandaren. Blizzard has made no such statement on how many Allied races they are planning nor have they stated that Allied races will only be a thing for BfA.
    Agreed. But there's a difference between Blizzard adding a reasonable number of allied races or adding 30. What that reasonable number is up for interpretation. But I don't see Blizzard going crazy.

Yeah this game sure doesn't push samefag races at all. Not at all. Not at all, nope! Not at all.

Wait, how many fucking elves does the game have again?

I'd rather have Revantusk trolls instead of Dragonmaw orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    I believe they intend to try and connect each of the original races bc era. With each one bringing in there own allied race.
    Humans= Kultirans
    Ironforge dwarves=Dark iron
    Dranei=Lightforged
    Alleria/highelf/void elf=Void elves
    Nightelves= ???
    Worgen=Nightelf worgen?
    Gnomes=mechagnomes?

Orcs= Maghar
    Bloodelves=nightborne
    Trolls=Zandalari
    Tauren=Highmountain
    Goblins=Mooks/ogres??
    Forsaken=Possible undead nightelves?

Pandas= Depending on faction Hozen for Horde Jinyu for alliance.

Having one race bring in more then one allied race. I don't think they want that to happen. Keep in mind each faction that brings in a new allied faction has to be there to earn that factions respect. Sorta like with the legion allied races. Look to those hints. Some mention vulpera, but what race was there during the questing to help them? Did the wildhammers show up in BFA? If so what faction helped them while questing? It's the little things that lead to adding them. Sure wildhammers would be neat. But remember we are dealing with a B class dev team that doesn't perform as well as previous teams.
    Nightelves=void elves
    blood elves=nightborne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Yeah this game sure doesn't push samefag races at all. Not at all. Not at all, nope! Not at all.

Wait, how many fucking elves does the game have again?
    Lets see...Void Elves aren't just reskinned Night Elves, same for Nightborne and Blood Elves.

Where as DM would be reskinned Orcs/Mag'har...and Dwarves ect ect....

He was comparing Granny Smith and Gala apples while you're trying to compare apples and oranges.