Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was hit by a mob in the lower level, threw me trough the ceiling up into the courtyard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    It's a terrible dungeon all around. It was voted as the best one on this site, not sure how that happened. Tiny corridors you cant do anything in, invisible patrols, mobs pulling through the walls and through the floor and then evading, random layout with completely different trash difficulty, and so on. Not to mention how many pugs cant even deal with witches on tyrannical.
    The music in waycrest is fucking ace though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, when OP started this thread, I though.."Wow, that is a pretty nasty bug, should be fixed" - then people came here, telling us they didn't experience any problems.

So what is it after all? Just a bug that only happens for some people under specific circumstances? I mean..I have died falling through the world in Classic....but it was never anything where I went "Ridiculous, this company needs to go out of business immediately". Dunno, maybe it is because I play video games since 1985 and bugs are just a part of it.....
    There is/was a bug where you can pull mobs from downstairs, that's the only one I've seen and I've done the place countless times, both high and low keys, for example I did it +11 this week.

The OP it implies it is heavily bugged, it is not.

I've not seen the pulling mobs from downstairs for a few weeks now, pretty sure I only saw it the first week of M+. It's probably tied to certain class/azertie abilites, like laser matrix, this is the normal cause for bugs like these in dungeons.

When I do find bugs like these, my group tends to find the funny side of it.

Starfall, Barrage etc. are spells you have to be careful with since they made it into the game.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-10-09 at 09:55 AM.

Not very obvious, but there are candle circles on the ground, when you get near them some blue/black globe will spawn near it in the air and shortly after that the witch appears. There is also some church organ (or whatever this instrument is called) playing for a few seconds when these witches die, don't know why though.

As for the CC breaks, i never encountered laser matrix to do that, but the g'huun trinket does it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I've not seen the pulling mobs from downstairs for a few weeks now, pretty sure I only saw it the first week of M+. It's probably tied to certain class/azertie abilites, like laser matrix, this is the normal cause for bugs like these in dungeons.
    So, you saw it happening in a period where nobody had Laser Matrix, but now that the raid is in free-loot mode, you never experienced it again, so it obviously comes from Laser Matrix.

Makes 100% sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    So, you saw it happening in a period where nobody had Laser Matrix, but now that the raid is in free-loot mode, you never experienced it again, so it obviously comes from Laser Matrix.

Makes 100% sense
    I said in the first week of M+, the raid was also out that week. Why would no one have the ability?

You make 0% sense.

The bug with Matrom Alma happened to us one time, it is annoying, but the other witches spawn as events when you pull certain packs, probably you are talking about something different because if you did a 12+ you should know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I've actually never seen this in Waycrest. I have seen the witch council get stuck with our warlock MCd spam draining his own imp and the fight not ending though.. that was fun
    I've had that too. I had to relog to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If you expect a MMO to have no bugs, I have some bad news for you.

I farm WM because it has a few of my BiS pieces, I did see this bug at the beginning of the expansion, not seen it for ages now, so it's probably not an easy bug fix if it still happens to a very small minority.

Having bugs like this is nothing new to the game, we've always had abilities that mess up things like this.

If you expect no bugs, then you clearly don't have the slightest clue about coding.
    It’s still not an excuse to not fix it. Of course bugs often happen and they are not a deal breaker but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t aim to make it better. You need to strive for the best possible outcome and therefore just saying “oh well, bugs are unavoidable, let’s just except them” is not very constructive or ambitious. You need to be ambitious and set the bar high for what you want to achieve. Making mistakes and failing are a parts of life and it’s okay to fail. But that doesn’t mean you should accept failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Yeah saw that one too already, in td once youre outside at the cannons, they go like through the walls inside the prison. You dont even notice it at first because mobs will need like 20seconds to actually walk to you.
    I've had that happen and it didnt stop me from the timer.

Deleted
    The witches spawn in set locations. You see a blue floating thingie just before they appear.

This never happened in Maw of Souls either. Good thing Blizzard learns from its mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It’s still not an excuse to not fix it. Of course bugs often happen and they are not a deal breaker but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t aim to make it better. You need to strive for the best possible outcome and therefore just saying “oh well, bugs are unavoidable, let’s just except them” is not very constructive or ambitious. You need to be ambitious and set the bar high for what you want to achieve. Making mistakes and failing are a parts of life and it’s okay to fail. But that doesn’t mean you should accept failure.
    Well they are going to have to before MDI or just not use those dungeons. If they do and people see that they will be turned off. It will be like arena at mlg again.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromkark View Post
    Many, many a key has been lost because Waycrest Manor is heavily bugged. Mobs pull through floors and it's especially bad in the courtyard before the tree boss. Matrom Alma, I think her name is, just casts on you and there's nothing you can do about it. Certain witches also from the floors below also randomly appear beside you. We lost a 12 key last night because of this. It's astounding that a company as large as Blizzard can allow this to continue. It's been a thing since launch and there has been no mention of it from Blizzard, let alone a fix date.
    Keep in mind that while Blizz is indeed a large company, it is composed of many departments. WoW is considered a cash cow, so they don't typically have a lot of people actually working on it. Back when WoW was their only notable online property, you could easily see in their financial reports the declining amount of money expended on WoW starting around 2008; it is harder to track now that they combine all of their online properties into simple lines in their financial reporting, but you could see the clear trend from 2008 through 2014 of them spending a lot less on WoW each year.

At this point, it is pretty clear that they didn't spend much on the current expansion. Most classes were pretty much left as they were in Legion. The puzzle quests are pale shadows of the puzzle quests in Legion (seriously, I know a few students at a local university working on game design degrees that have designed far better puzzle games in their spare time than the turtle puzzles in BfA). And the bugs you are describing in WM are just a few of many in the game at this time.

Although I wasn't expecting this to be the end of WoW, perhaps it is as they try to push everyone to their next MMO property, Diablo 4. On the other hand, this could simply be the equivalent of WoD which may be abandoned in favor of doing a good expansion next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndrumon View Post
    If that dungeon is the biggest problem you can think of with this expac then you're the fanboy.
    How in hell does that make him a fanboy? Please explain your logic?

I assume because they just don't have the people to deal with all the bugs?

And 'getting away'? What do you suggest then. They get 'punished'? You can do that with unsubcribing if it is that much of a big deal for you. But you don't do that, now do you?
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I've only ever seen it bug when a paladin tank with the bubble taunt talent bubbles in the courtyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndrumon View Post
    If you don't understand, then my logic won't matter to you. And why do you care?
    Just saw the post and immediately thought, well that makes no sense. Why would he be a fanboy when he criticises the game. So I just got curious of the logic behind it. I’m pretty open to others opinions.

I wonder about the IQ of people coming here to tell us how there are no bugs in manor. A bug does not need to have clear steps to reproduce or occurrence 'always' in order to be a bug. And it's actually worse if it doesn't because it can't get easily fixed.

It will surely be fixed before BFA goes live, don't worry.