Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, he may be wrong (and not lying), we shall see what he says.
    Could be, overall I will say thanks for linking the original wording of the question, that helped me
    Unfortunately I do think a lot of people are interpreting affirmative responses to it to mean far more than is reasonable to assume.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Protect oneself from what? An imaginary epidemic of false accusations?
    Considering a whole political faction exists to proclaim no false accusations ever happen and even if they do it doesn't matter what the consequences are, yeah, I'd want my sons to protect themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

20% of women are raped in their lifetimes. 1 in 5 women you know have been forced to have sex against their wills.

But you conservatives have managed to convince yourselves that it's men who are the victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Considering a whole political faction exists to proclaim no false accusations ever happen and even if they do it doesn't matter what the consequences are, yeah, I'd want my sons to protect themselves.
    Terrible, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    20% of women are raped in their lifetimes. 1 in 5 women you know have been forced to have sex against their wills.

But you conservatives have managed to convince yourselves that it's men who are the victims.
    Keep in mind that someone's raising these men to be rapists in the first place.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Women often being victimized does not preclude men being victimized as well.
    edit: obviously neither does men being victimized invalidate women, just to clarify. Also what's this about conservatives? I don't think rape and rape accusations follows party lines.
    Last edited by Jagscorpion; 2018-10-07 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    yet just an accusation of it is enough right now to get them fired and ostracized into nothingness.

it's not right, none of this is right. nobody should be ruined over an accusation.
    apparently, it isnt.

10% of all rapes are proved to be false allegations. That means 1 in 10 men accused of rape are actually victims themselves.

But you progressives have managed to convince yourselves that women never lie and putting innocent men through a harrowing court process is not a problem. Better one innocent man go to prison than to let 9 rapists go free right?

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    apparently, it isnt.
    Realistically a better example of this would be the recent title 9 lawsuits on a lot of college campuses regarding prejudiced treatment of men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    10% of all rapes are proved to be false allegations. That means 1 in 10 men accused of rape are actually victims themselves.

But you progressives have managed to convince yourselves that women never lie and putting innocent men through a harrowing court process is not a problem. Better one innocent man go to prison than to let 9 rapists go free right?
    I'm curious where that statistic is from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    Realistically a better example of this would be the recent title 9 lawsuits on a lot of college campuses regarding prejudiced treatment of men.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious where that statistic is from.
    Wikipedia. Note that its only referring to malicious false allegations such as the ones against Kavanagh. It doesn't mean 90% of rape allegations are proven to be true and convictions upheld.

7+ Year Old Account

A avowed racist as yourself has no business complaining about “innocents” when people get put into groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalera View Post
    How am I supposed to take an allegation serious when you wait 37 yrs to tell me a story about a time when you were 15 yrs old drunk at a party with other drunk boys?
    It's precisely because these kinds of allegations aren't taken seriously that it took her 37 years and the threat of her alleged abuser taking a highly powerful position that could alter the course of the country's development to come forward.

Most rapes aren't reported because the ones that are either aren't properly investigated, aren't properly punished, the ones who come forward risk ruining their lives just as much if not more than the abuser, and even family members tend to defend the abuser. It kills hope in the justice system; why should they trust the justice system when the default opinion is "no way, he's not that kind of person" and trying to prove otherwise tends to only prolong the trauma?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    A avowed racist as yourself has no business complaining about “innocents” when people get put into groups.
    You should attack his argument, not his character. You can certainly say it's inconsistent with his other positions, but it doesn't invalidate the argument

Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    You should attack his argument, not his character. You can certainly say it's inconsistent with his other positions, but it doesn't invalidate the argument
    No, his lack of sources does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalera View Post
    How am I supposed to take an allegation serious when you wait 37 yrs to tell me a story about a time when you were 15 yrs old drunk at a party with other drunk boys?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Wikipedia. Note that its only referring to malicious false allegations such as the ones against Kavanagh. It doesn't mean 90% of rape allegations are proven to be true and convictions upheld.
    Really? Because when I look at wikipedia it says 2-10% which is very different to 10%. Most of the studies cited seem to hover around 5%. And the word "malicious" is never used.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    It's amazing hearing Trump supporters using the same lines as pedophiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    No, his lack of sources does.
    Try leading with that next time

Does anyone actually believe this due process BS? We all get that it only applies to DC elitist Republican apparatchiks, right? Conservatism is a very simple idea:

There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.

KAVANAUGH was an east coast white boy who legacied he way into Yale after going to the elitist of elites Georgetown prep schools. He then served in the Republican legal apparatus for decades. At every point he could he justified more state power, more torture, more war, and less due process. But then in a non-trial setting, he screams for due process. Why? Because he was in the IN-group for who the law protects, but does not bind. But all those brown people upon whom he wrote legal memos justifying government atrocities when he was working for Bush2, they were in the OUT-group for the whom the law binds but does not protect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I love how ready to be victim's most conservatives are these days. What ever happened to conservatives being the 'tough guys', like cowboys and old timey detectives. Now days it's all planning on how they can be the biggest victims cuz everybody's out to get them apparently.

I bet if you just buy more guns people won't be so mean to you. Isn't that how it works in your world?

Also LOL @ using megyn Kelly as a source for anything unironically.
    Yeah now let’s be real here. Conservatives aren’t even close to being the main base that wants to be a victim. That’s the far left. Conservatives aren’t the ones who made up safe spaces. Or micro aggressions. Or insist on being referred to by a new created gender. They’re not the ones that bland comedians like Jerry Seinfeld are too scared to do comedy around for fear of triggering them. You can give the conservatives a lot of shit, but pretending they’re the ones who strive to be victims doesn’t fly.

Also I don’t think you know what a source is. He isn’t using Kelly as a source. He used a video where she voiced an opinion on something. That isn’t a source.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    Does anyone actually believe this due process BS? We all get that it only applies to DC elitist Republican apparatchiks, right? Conservatism is a very simple idea:There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.
    That is not what the idea of conservatism is. You may believe that, and certainly powerful people with connections tend to get away with more than people without, and you can find examples of this across the political spectrum, but that's human nature. The problem is that many people start with your attitude as their underlying assumption, and then assume that anything that doesn't fit within these parameters is simply more evidence of government coverup, etc... It admits no challenge to it's assertions because any challenge is automatically assumed to be suspect.

Edit:As a side note I'm pretty sure even the most staunch left-wing leaning sources acknowledge that kavanaugh was not a legacy, that he got in on merit.
    Edit2: looks like I'm wrong, some have made that claim, though iirc washington post states it's not accurate. I don't particularly agree with a lot of the washington post analysis tbh so who knows. A reasonable argument could be made either way I think, but dont have all the particulars.
    Last edited by Jagscorpion; 2018-10-08 at 12:20 AM.

lol.

Due process.....like a sham less than a week investigation where no one was interviewed, and the guys whose life was supposedly ruined is now a sitting supreme court justice?

or is it the due process of unarmed black men being shot to death by police.

I mean, the lack of intelligence it takes to complain about how white men are somehow disadvantaged is so mind numbingly breathtaking it can only come from people who worked at and or listen to Fox News.