Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Trump likes them, because they rule how Trump would like to be able to rule. He's a pure authoritarian, and he's jealous of their methods.
    He likes them, because they have given him hundreds of millions of dollars over the decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Trump likes them, because they rule how Trump would like to be able to rule. He's a pure authoritarian, and he's jealous of their methods.
    Not to mention all the millions they put in his bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He likes them, because they have given him hundreds of millions of dollars over the decades.
    Well, Trump is a corrupt asshole, no argument here.

Don't go to crazy religious places that would be my advice, unless you are going to bomb them.

Common, he accidentally fell on a bone saw and then rolled over into a puddle of acid infront of some innocent bystander tourists who happened to be on the embassy tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad that a guy just going in to get a marriage license was tortured and killed and nobody seems to want to do anything about it.

As others have said, Saudi Arabia is not exactly a paragon of tolerance and progression. It's like complaining that Henry the VIII beheaded some of his wives and probably had tons of other people murdered during his reign. That said, I hope that in a hundred years SA will maybe, maybe, progress into the 20th century socially.

Quote Originally Posted by dayne87 View Post
    It's sad that a guy just going in to get a marriage license was tortured and killed and nobody seems to want to do anything about it.

As others have said, Saudi Arabia is not exactly a paragon of tolerance and progression. It's like complaining that Henry the VIII beheaded some of his wives and probably had tons of other people murdered during his reign. That said, I hope that in a hundred years SA will maybe, maybe, progress into the 20th century socially.
    Congress said they will do something with or without Trumps approval, but you know politicians always make false claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazerdam View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.37aa0e64b8ff becoming more and more interesting.
    wouldnt be ssuprised if turkey had the whole place bugged, im isure the US has every embassy bugged as well. probably a common thing, and turkey seems to be bent on damaging saudi relations, you could make a movie script out of this

Real talk.

It's complicated. It goes against everything Americans stand for. Yet, they are a key ally, in a part of the world where we have few. In addition, we have current arms sales on the line, about to be finalized, but yet to be delivered.

Partisan talk.

The right is secretly cheering anyone at WaPo died. The left wants to blame Trump for everything.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't care. Orange man said something I don't like on twatter so I need to go bash the fash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    wouldnt be ssuprised if turkey had the whole place bugged, im isure the US has every embassy bugged as well. probably a common thing, and turkey seems to be bent on damaging saudi relations, you could make a movie script out of this
    turkey ALSO might have been playing for "we'll give or bury this evidence if you give us Fethullah Gulen" but this has spread WAY past being able to be swept under a rug

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Centrist View Post
    Real talk.

It's complicated. It goes against everything Americans stand for. Yet, they are a key ally, in a part of the world where we have few. In addition, we have current arms sales on the line, about to be finalized, but yet to be delivered.

Partisan talk.

The right is secretly cheering anyone at WaPo died. The left wants to blame Trump for everything.
    i just cant stand hypocrisy when trump people said this

again what religion is saudi GOVERNED by?

What’s surprising about the Khashoggi murder isn’t that the Saudis would kill a critic, but that they would be so brazen about it. They really thought he could enter their consulate and not come out and no one would notice? The story that he was accidentally killed and the operation was carried out without the knowledge of Mohammad Bin Salman looks like transparent nonsense. All signs point to a hideous state-sanctioned murder straight out of a Quentin Tarantino movie.

What to do about it? The answer is simple, if not necessarily easy. Don’t sound eager to cover for the Saudis as the president has in recent days. Say we want to get all the facts, condemn the Saudis after an interval for any appropriate investigation, and then find sanctions that send a strong message of disapproval without fundamentally disrupting the relationship. The Saudi regime is horrid, but there isn’t a plausible alternative.
    Most succinct and realistic take I've read so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Most succinct and realistic take I've read so far.
    What is realistic about "saudis being brazen about killing a journalist"? These are the same guys who killed civilians in a hostage rescue attempt in a mosque, they kiled civilians again when trying to control plane hijacking, and so on. These guys are worse than bollywood when it comes to "military ops".

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the suspects died in a car accident now..

https://www.news.com.au/world/middle...da89637326a917

Hoe far does the rabbit hole go down..

Saudi Arabia admits Jamal Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate

Looks like they have a fall guy and hoping the story goes away within a month, I am sure Donald Trump is going to sell whatever they say like a good little puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Saudi Arabia admits Jamal Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate

Looks like they have a fall guy and hoping the story goes away within a month, I am sure Donald Trump is going to sell whatever they say like a good little puppet.
    It was probably the one that died in a car accident a couple days ago. That the fall guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    It was probably the one that died in a car accident a couple days ago. That the fall guy?
    No it's another one reported previously he also happens to be under investigation for collusion offers to the Trump campaign two birds with one stone.

Fist fights tend to happen when you are trying to not be dismembered by a bone saw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    That Clinton and Bush money quit flowing in.
    All of that sweet Saudi money is flowing into Trump's Russian bank accounts.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"