Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question Just out of Curiosity - Your fixes

How would you fix dead specs without changing mechanics, itemization or game impact too much?
    How would you maintain the hybrid tax while making hybrids viable with all 3 specs?

The specs I had in mind are:

Paladin: Prot/Ret
    Druid: Feral/Balance
    Priest: shadow
    Hunter: Surv (To an extent)
    Shaman: Elemental/Enhancement

Note: I played vanilla in all of its glory and had fun with my paladin. I am just curious to hear your thoughts! XD

You can't realy change one thing without it's going to ripple throughout the whole game.
    Can't see a point where "fixing" these specs where it whould overall improve the game.

You can't, to change them would be to fundamentally change the game.

I would probably add a colorblind mode and that is it

Those specs are not dead in any shape or form. They are not raid viable (mostly) but that doesnt mean they're dead. Raid didnt hold the same spot as they do in modern WoW back then.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

If you fix dead specs, it's not 1.12 anymore.

You're looking for TBC, not vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If you fix dead specs, it's not 1.12 anymore.

You're looking for TBC, not vanilla.
    Not sure why people think vanilla was a perfect flower that never needs changes or balancing.

A class balanced vanilla would be extremely good. And yes, it would Still be vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Not sure why people think vanilla was a perfect flower that never needs changes or balancing.

A class balanced vanilla would be extremely good. And yes, it would Still be vanilla.
    because we want vanilla god damn what dont you get? hope they wont listen to your nonsense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emblin View Post
    How would you fix dead specs without changing mechanics, itemization or game impact too much?
    How would you maintain the hybrid tax while making hybrids viable with all 3 specs?

Note: I played vanilla in all of its glory and had fun with my paladin. I am just curious to hear your thoughts! XD
    You have a choice to make... fix those spec and then you dont have classic/vanilla... or you leave them as is and have classic/vanilla... it really is a binary choice.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by drori8 View Post
    because we want vanilla god damn what dont you get? hope they wont listen to your nonsense
    I think you need to separate vanilla from patch 1.12 - things can still play like vanilla and play with the proper vanilla game style while still being tuned. The game didn't launch at 1.12 and if they dont do balance passes and potentially even additional content then classic will die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drori8 View Post
    Maybe they will, maybe they dont. Blizzard is going to do what **they think** keeps most players playing. And while I agree that class balancing is not required because most of the population will not raid, it is still going to be watched very closely.

Even though the vanilla an retail crowd are vastly different, I still think some similarities in the community will be present. Just look at class balance now, it is really good, if you are not in a top 1000 guild (25000 people) you can EASILY win against (almost) each class just by playing better. And still it is a very hot topic.

Classic is a different beast here, but I think that if you are locked into roles (not just specs) just by creating your character, it will hurt the game in the long run, because you cannot just quickly level a new character. I know that classic isn't all about raiding, it is rather niche actually, but hearing at level 40, "welp you are a druid, your only realistic chance of being in an raid is as a heal" is not something you want if you want to keep players playing.
    Now ofc is an boomie able to do a 5man/MC but just because everyone knows that it is a shit spec, he will hardly be taken.

I hope, classic will be fine without some buffing of hybrids (e.g. reduced mana cost of max rank spells) but I think they will yield better results (which is also good for us).

Vanilla is so much more than hybrid specs being shit. Vanilla is about the journey to 60, bonding in dungeons due to long replacement times, being actually able to type while leveling without being slowed down and so on and NOT about a shadow/boomie being OOM 60s into an encounter while a mage/lock can spam stuff with proper gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    I think you need to separate vanilla from patch 1.12 - things can still play like vanilla and play with the proper vanilla game style while still being tuned. The game didn't launch at 1.12 and if they dont do balance passes and potentially even additional content then classic will die.
    exactly, that i forgot to mention. Since they will start with the 1.12 client, MC/Ony/BWL is way easier due to classes being buffed considerably due to talent changes.

the people who have been asking for legit vanilla servers for going on 15yrs now want vanilla, nothing more, nothing less. was it perfect, no it wasn't but it is what people want so give them what they want or don't do it at all
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Paladin: Prot - give taunt and 20% mana regen
    Paladin: Ret - give filler/generator spell like crusade, 4-6 sec CD
    Druid: Feral - give lower globals/haste equivalent like 10-20%
    Druid: Balance - give 20-30% more mana regen
    Priest: Shadow - give 20-30% more mana regen
    Hunter: Surv - no idea
    Shaman: Elemental/Enhancement - no idea

These should help each class without "breaking" anything but instead make them more in line especially focusing on their weaknesses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    the people who have been asking for legit vanilla servers for going on 15yrs now want vanilla, nothing more, nothing less. was it perfect, no it wasn't but it is what people want so give them what they want or don't do it at all
    It is still vanilla with some hybrid buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    That's all the reasons they gave for Classic not being a viable thing to do, yet they're doing it anyway. Don't expect changes; Blizzard has given no indication that they're planning on any.

Slightly more on-topic: I don't care about Classic. I played it when it was current, and enjoyed it when it was current... but it's a 13 year old game. Games that old need to be REALLY special to be worth replaying to me. And Classic just isn't. To me.
    That said, there ARE a whole lot of people who want to go back and play Classic exactly as it was. They want to play the exact game they played all those years ago.
    And if Blizzard is going to do Classic, they need to do it RIGHT. No changes, no little fiddles to the formula. No new content, no "modern conveniences".

What people have been asking for, what they've been saying they want, is Classic. Unchanged. If the people yelling about it really care as much as they say they do, then just Classic will be enough. It'll survive, it'll succeed.
    If it's not enough, that means people didn't ACTUALLY really want it in the first place, and it's simply not worth sinking additional resources into by trying to keep it "alive" despite that fact.

In short, Classic is Classic. It either succeeds as Classic, or fails as Classic. To change it is to make it not Classic.

You don't try to "improve" a classic.

Don't be George Lucas.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2018-10-08 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emblin View Post

I wouldn't because that wasn't vanilla.

revert all class changes made up to and including the WoD pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    It is still vanilla with some hybrid buffs.
    it's not vanilla is you change anything other than bug fixing...i don't understand why you people don't seem to understand that, you all seem to have this hard on for ruining something most of you aren't even fucking interested in playing in the first place. If you don't like it then don't play it but don't tell other people they can't/won't enjoy it and stop trying to change it to be something you want instead of what it should be which is as close to vanilla as they can get it

you people wanting all these changes are so annoying
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    it's not vanilla is you change anything other than bug fixing...i don't understand why you people don't seem to understand that, you all seem to have this hard on for ruining something most of you aren't even fucking interested in playing in the first place. If you don't like it then don't play it but don't tell other people they can't/won't enjoy it and stop trying to change it to be something you want instead of what it should be which is as close to vanilla as they can get it

you people wanting all these changes are so annoying
    There will never be the same experience again! This is what you need to understand. It will be BFA gutted to look like Classic (for starters). There are minimal changes that can be done (and some of them WILL be done) to have a fucking reliable game.

Things that I'm almost 100% will be changed or would be good for the game:

Battle net integration
    Send more than 1 item via mailbox (was RETARDED)
    Mount window (?!) Retarded again to keep your mounts in bags
    Crafting speed for items? Remember when you did those sweet 45 sec casts for bracers? Retarded
    Phasing (depends on the server sizes)
    Interface - 100% gonna be changed

These are some random things I've thought about. The whole project is about bringing the game back, it doesn't have to be 100% vanilla

Deleted
    If ret paladin is not changed then why would anyone play it?