Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There's nothing to fix about hunters. Sure you pay a bit of a price in DPS but hunters have plenty of other qualities. Farming gold or anything for that matter is laughable, some of the kiting you end up having to do is a lot more fun than the actual fights, and timing your rotation so you don't clip auto shots is more engaging than a lot classes. My only complaint with hunters is having to compete with melee for half the pre-raid bis list. If your luck sucks it takes a looooong time.

Didn't you all know that if Ret is balanced then Vanilla will turn into Bfa and we will all be stuck in Uldir. The only difference between Vanilla and Bfa is the fact that Ret is viable in one and not in another. ONLY DIFFERENCE.

- Leveling is the same
    - Dungeons are the same
    - Azeroth is the same
    - Raiding is the same
    - etc. is the same

Only difference between now and 2004 is Ret Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Not sure why people think vanilla was a perfect flower that never needs changes or balancing.
    We enjoy it because it's not perfect. If you make these "changes" and "balancing", it's not vanilla anymore, it's TBC.

We want 1.12, not "1.12 with a bunch of major changes".
    Last edited by anon5123; 2018-10-09 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm not particularly trying to dispute what you're saying on this page; but even starting out warlock DPS shouldn't be described as "lower end"... You're triggering me so hard right now :P

EDIT: Didn't realise my post was gonna go over a page, you get what I meant
    Warlocks dps is very subpar early on, and stays subpar on Horde throughout vanilla content.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    You already aren't getting a real vanilla. You know why? Vanilla happened 15 years ago. There is absolutely nothing Blizzard or anybody else can do to give you, me, or anybody a 'real' vanilla. Now explain how you honestly think you're going to get a 'real' vanilla experience. Is having broken specs going to make you have that 'real' vanilla feeling? Is clicking on each item in a loot box going to give you that 'real' vanilla feeling? Is looting the 5 mobs you killed individually going to give you that 'real' vanilla feeling? Are you getting the old guild back together? Going to suddenly forget how to handle boss mechanics? Suddenly forget where quest objectives are? Going to shit yourself the 1st time you see Rag? In short, yes, people who think vanilla is going to make them time travel back 15 years to the good ol days are morons.

Nothing wrong with some changes. Blizzard is investing time and money into this and they want to make it as playable as possible for as long as possible for as many people as possible and if you think for a second that they will leave some things broken is ignorant.
    Question not answered... check...
    More name calling... check.

Got anything else?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Don't. Vanilla didn't have it "Fixed" for a long time, nor should Classic. Let people experience the classes as they were back then.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    You do realize that specs literally stands for "specialization", which means that they're better than their counterparts at a certain thing, which back in old D&D terms and the era in which it was based meant that you were still a paladin because you still had every other tool at your disposal, you were just better trained at a certain aspect of it.

Yes... sure... but then you realize that Blizzard themselves said they fucked up and fixed it in all coming patches. So the definition example doesn't matter anymore

Deleted
    Stacking of soulshards and mage food/waters.
    Reason: Really annoying as warlock to run out of shards because of people who always beg for a sum because late... and sure need more space for the shards. Nothing that breaks the game really.

Mailbox multi item and mass open feature.
    Reason: Annoying and there's addon everyone use. To have it implemented would just take away 1 addon that everyone use anyway so don't think anyone would complain. If so it's just funny.

Other than that I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    You can't really touch the weaker dps classes/specs. While hunter and ret paladins aren't that good at dps in raids they're both still very bursty when it comes to PvP. To attempt to balance their raid dps you'd have to rework them so that they're not so bursty anymore.
    I've read about PvP-only nerfs just this morning. It's amazing what technology allows these days!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    You can't, to change them would be to fundamentally change the game.
    This may only be the second response, but it’s correct.

My fixes would be:
    Dynamic spawnrates on mobs, herbs, veins and Qitems.
    Battlnet chat and friendslist.

I want the old wallwalking back. I miss it, alot. Or at the very least the 2nd iteration of it one where you could jump from point to point.

Gated release of raidinstances. I dont want everything open at once, that would ruin the endgame imo.'

No changes to any specs, that would compeltely alter the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Those specs are not dead in any shape or form. They are not raid viable (mostly) but that doesnt mean they're dead. Raid didnt hold the same spot as they do in modern WoW back then.
    No Raid held a significantly larger spot as it was the one of the only methods to get gear and obtain character progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    My fixes would be:
    Dynamic spawnrates on mobs, herbs, veins and Qitems.
    Battlnet chat and friendslist.

I want the old wallwalking back. I miss it, alot. Or at the very least the 2nd iteration of it one where you could jump from point to point.

Gated release of raidinstances. I dont want everything open at once, that would ruin the endgame imo.'

No changes to any specs, that would compeltely alter the game.
    They are using the new client, I would bet that wall walking is still dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any fixes for launch other than the minimal changes required to get the game running on modern infrastructure.

Let it go for a while in its purest raw form. After six months or a year then it might be a better time to talk about changes. A great lot of what I've read here since this forum started have been the sort of changes that brings the game closer to it's retail counterpart. That might be a good thing over the long run but at launch it should stay as true as possible to its roots.

That's the entire reason to do this at all. "Here's what it was like back in the day. Here's the game that launched one of the most successful games of all time." That's how it should work at the start.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-10-10 at 03:44 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Keep them as is and change them in the first Classic exclusive expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awyee View Post
    I think you need to separate vanilla from patch 1.12 - things can still play like vanilla and play with the proper vanilla game style while still being tuned. The game didn't launch at 1.12 and if they dont do balance passes and potentially even additional content then classic will die.
    I get the feeling 1.12 will be a starting point. not the be all end all of the Classic Experience. I think game balance tuning should be expected. Especially of they want there to be any sort of longevity. There is pretty of room for them to do that and still keep the feel of Vanilla WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    What you need to understand is that people don't WANT a "good game". They want Vanilla. Including its faults.
    ^THIS so many times!

Also: NO CHANGES!

EDIT #1: Okay, maybe mass-mailing and mass-auction posting. I'm a huge hypocrit I guess.
    Last edited by Storfan; 2018-10-10 at 05:55 PM.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

I don't know enough about vanilla class balance to effect that, but I'd change the AH/mailboxes to have their modern conveniences, add area loot, and give all players one free faction and server transfer as buffer for the unpredictability of "what faction/server will have the best raiders/pvpers/etc? We don't know yet, so we'll just pick one." Not selling those services, though.

I think that'd be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't have any fixes for launch other than the minimal changes required to get the game running on modern infrastructure.

Let it go for a while in its purest raw form. After six months or a year then it might be a better time to talk about changes. A great lot of what I've read here since this forum started have been the sort of changes that brings the game closer to it's retail counterpart. That might be a good thing over the long run but at launch it should stay as true as possible to its roots.

That's the entire reason to do this at all. "Here's what it was like back in the day. Here's the game that launched one of the most successful games of all time." That's how it should work at the start.
    My main reasoning for them not touching them has little to do with it actually just being the same as it was, and come more from what I would call common sense. If you are Blizzard and you are basically going to be running two MMO's at the same time, something they said they never wanted to do, then why would you have both games have the same design philosophy? Producing two games that play exactly the same would be silly, because then you risk splitting one player base into two when you could have two separate player bases. Yes there will be some spill over, I will be an example of that, but by and large even if Classic is small you really want to fill a niche with a second group rather than have two games for the same group of people.

The above is why I think they will stick to the original when it comes to class design, they will want to keep both version distinct so that they offer two different experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    No Raid held a significantly larger spot as it was the one of the only methods to get gear and obtain character progression.
    Stop judging vanilla with retail standards. There was a bunch of ways to get gear and obtain character progression. Raid gear was a tool to kill raid bosses, if you didnt raid you didnt need raid gear.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emblin View Post
    How would you fix dead specs without changing mechanics, itemization or game impact too much?
    How would you maintain the hybrid tax while making hybrids viable with all 3 specs?

The specs I had in mind are:

Paladin: Prot/Ret
    Druid: Feral/Balance
    Priest: shadow
    Hunter: Surv (To an extent)
    Shaman: Elemental/Enhancement

Note: I played vanilla in all of its glory and had fun with my paladin. I am just curious to hear your thoughts! XD
    If these classes had to be made viable...

Pally: Give taunt, give the last part of the "judgments of the Wise" effect that they had in WotLK (casting judgment grants 25% of base mana (meaning mana before int)). A lack of mana is the only thing that actually kept Prot from holding agro and Ret from doing ok DPS.

Druid: buff feral's energy regen as cat, reduce mana cost of Balance's spells.

Priest: make VE also give mana to the priest based on damage delt.

I don't see surv as a problem, it had it's uses.

Shaman: Elemental/Enhancement reduce mana cost of shocks or make shaman get double mana regen from their own mana spring totem.

Basically the only problem hybrids had was running out of mana very very quickly, just fix that and they are fine.

That being said, I really don't think it's necessary, it's classic, people know what they are getting into... We've known for 14 years now that certain specs aren't raid viable, if you choose to roll one you have no one to blame but yourself... I also wouldn't be opposed to it though, as long as the essence and mechanics of the game (true RPG aspects, actual class fantasy, and no "QoL" features that fuck up the social aspects of the game) are left alone.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-10-11 at 01:14 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.