Question Windows 10 - BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

what the hell?

its start happening when i turnon my pc, happen 1 time then my windows load. this week i went updating my videocard driver, and when i was installing it, boom, bsod. had to install it in security mode.

now i start, it bsod, restart, bsod, then windows initialize its auto repair mode, but nothing happen, i click continue on windows and then it load, except today, that i had 5x bsod before getting into windows.

dump file analyse:

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Wed 16/05/2018 11:29:10 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051618-25468-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x175930)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x38, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF802B2D2F04F)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x138748)
    file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_38c9bee769f9ef1f\nvlddmk m.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 397.64
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 397.64
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 397.64 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Wed 16/05/2018 02:34:43 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051618-27562-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x38, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF802913B504F)
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you can start by reinstalling your GPU driver.
    Use CC-cleaner to get rid of everything that is linked to the GPU driver.
    Last edited by Crillam; 2018-05-16 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Yeah you can start by reinstalling your GPU driver.
    Use CC-cleaner to get rid of everything that is linked to the GPU driver.
    the problem is that i installed it (upgraded) monday, and in windows normal interface i was getting bsod when it was installing, i was able to install it on security mode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    the problem is that i installed it (upgraded) monday, and in windows normal interface i was getting bsod when it was installing, i was able to install it on security mode
    Yeah, something happend during the installation. The corrupted files might still be there even if the install didn't finish the first time. So I would still start with that.
    Then some checklists. Is your PC OC? If yes remove that.
    Run memtest64.
    If nothing of the above work do a clean Win10 install. Remember to take backup on things you want to keep. Then reinstall all drivers, I myself use Driver Booster. Never has it failed me.
    Still a problem? Hardware failure.

yeah, it started when i was using 397.31, i uninstalled it with ddu and then bsod, before installing this new one, i had used ddu too..

well, found 4 virus on my pc, could virus do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, it started when i was using 397.31, i uninstalled it with ddu and then bsod, before installing this new one, i had used ddu too..

well, found 4 virus on my pc, could virus do that?
    I would say it's a strong probability. But removing the virus doesn't magically fix the damage. Also wasn't there an issue recently when Nvidia released new drivers that prevented Windows 10 machines from booting? Specifically GTX 1060's were effected, but it might also effect other Nvidia GPU's. Might wanna try an older driver.

this could be related?

it wasnt even 50% of memory used

what the hell?

its start happening when i turnon my pc, happen 1 time then my windows load. this week i went updating my videocard driver, and when i was installing it, boom, bsod. had to install it in security mode.

now i start, it bsod, restart, bsod, then windows initialize its auto repair mode, but nothing happen, i click continue on windows and then it load, except today, that i had 5x bsod before getting into windows.

dump file analyse:

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051618-25468-01.dmp

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x138748)
    file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_38c9bee769f9ef1f\nvlddmk m.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 397.64
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 397.64
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 397.64 , NVIDIA Corporation).
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Wed 16/05/2018 02:34:43 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051618-27562-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x38, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF802913B504F)
    Well, there is not any fixed reason that brings you the error, so there are many and the most common ones.

Faulty or outdated drivers - so you can check for driver updates
    Incompatible hardware - this must not be a problem
    Improper Disk fragmentation
    Problematic Registry
    Viruses and malware

You can try the following ways to fix BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error:
    1. Update the lastest drive for you PC.
    2. Disable Antivirus, Firewall
    3.Search And Fix Errors Through Event Viewer
    These are the ways I have looked on the Internet. Hope it can help you.
    Good luck, Unforgivenn.