Thread: duelers guild?

duelers guild?

did it even make it past beta? i've heard nothing about it since expansion launch.
    Last edited by zimboombafoo; 2018-10-13 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its there. I have played it few times, but most time its as empty as a desert. People have no reason to bother with it, outside of the achievements, which can be done with friends
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

Yeah it didn't work. I was super excited about this new feature for bfa and it turned out to be a fizzer. No one does it, there is no incentive for it, the Boralas arena is abysmal and not clearly laid out, and only a very few classes are viable because rogues ruin everything as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by JackWest View Post
    Its there. I have played it few times, but most time its as empty as a desert. People have no reason to bother with it, outside of the achievements, which can be done with friends
    Which amazingly doesn't stop them from dueling in Durotar or in front of the Great Seal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, how many people even know the Dueler's guild exists? Did Blizzard make ANY real effort to communicate it to players?
    Good point, same problem with Island Expeditions and Warfronts. Although I think those things have improved now in terms of attendance, Dueler's Guild is probably not gonna make it out of it's currently dead state.

I mean, how many people even know the Dueler's guild exists? Did Blizzard make ANY real effort to communicate it to players?
    Hadn't heard anything about it until I stumbled over a fan made youtube video a few days ago of some people having fun there, still don't know to get there.

Yea most people don't know about it and most that do don't care much about it considering there's no real incentive to do so.

I would say the majority of players only go to that hub to grab the rewards from CP and weekly chest

I tried to join, but nothing popped up. No wait list nothing. I was standing there for 5 minutes nothing happend ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Which amazingly doesn't stop them from dueling in Durotar or in front of the Great Seal.
    Yeah. I think its because they’d have to wait their turn in dueler’s, and its random who you fight. Outside they can duel whoever whenever

- - - Updated - - -

Also this. You know its bad game design if players have to rely on third party sites to learn the basics of something, or even learn about its existence
    Last edited by JackWest; 2018-10-13 at 08:44 AM.
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

This pretty much. I have heard about the duelers guild on here, but i have absolutely no idea what exactly it is, where it is, and how to access it.
    Last edited by Thelyron; 2018-10-13 at 10:04 AM.

It was pretty much dead on arrival.

It could have been a cool feature that got new players into PvP in a setting that was a clustered BG but Blizzard seemed dead set on w/e the hell crap it is now.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2018-10-13 at 10:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    should've been an instanced place like brawlers guild, not at a place where pvp'ers go twice a week at most
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    did it even make it past beta? i've heard nothing about it since expansion launch.
    It is there but last I was there, it was dominated by rogues..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I didn't even know it existed until I accidentally stumbled on to it. Honestly, I still don't really know what it is since the game doesn't really explain it all that well and how it supposed to work.

I didn't know it was a thing til about 40 seconds ago when I read this thread, stellar job blizzard.

i mean, its a place to duel, outside of the city, where you cant even change talents, the reason for that? no fucking idea

Island Expeditions and Warfronts at least are right in front of you as you are doing other tasks (and Island Expeditions have a breadcrumb quest).
    Dueler's guild is off to the side in the pvp area which is for some reason quite far for the Alliance and in another place entirely for the Horde (seriously, someone hated the Horde when they designed PoIs) and it doesn't have either a breadcrumb or even a quest related to it.
    Dueler's Guild has a breadcrumb quest too, from Garona on Horde side not long after you send your first mission out. Dueler's Guild is also right next to the PVP questgivers, vendors and the Mercenary dude + weekly pvp chest reward.

I do think that's all off the beaten path a bit though. But it's all different for Alliance AFAIK.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-10-13 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brawler's guild died for this.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Good point, same problem with Island Expeditions and Warfronts. Although I think those things have improved now in terms of attendance, Dueler's Guild is probably not gonna make it out of it's currently dead state.
    Both warfronts and islands are advertised just fine, they're just not great content. Dueler's guild is neither good content nor advertised well.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU