Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Wow what a wall of text that I'm not even gonna bother to waste my time on reading. Maybe you should spend less time getting triggered and writing rage-fueled comments on a forum and more time actually running M+ and bringing your raider.io score up so you can land a +10 key.
    link your IO profile sir

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    link your IO profile sir
    I'm not linking my character on this forum. Why would you even care? 1k rating isn't even near the top, I'm like top 80 for tanks on my server...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'm not linking my character on this forum. Why would you even care? 1k rating isn't even near the top, I'm like top 80 for tanks on my server...
    That's ...horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    link your IO profile sir
    He's terrible. You know it, I know it, he knows it, it's known.

The only people who use raider io poorly are namely people from the Brazilian realms. They ask for 1,100 raider.io for like 8s and 9s. It is clear as hell that they don't know how to use it.

Here is a tip for people using it - If you're doing a 10, you'd want people around 600-700 borderline to be accepted. If you can't get a M+ 6 in time average for each dungeon then you can't really complain (and 6s are particularly easy to do).

Also, check their latest run and highest run in that difficulty.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Bachelors Degree and Professional Certificates are ruining the job market!!

Employers really need to stop checking education certificates, infact, the world should just shut them down!
    People are turning into literal monogloids that rely on those certificates, and it ruins the job market!

Having a bachelors degree, masters, PhD or relevant job experience does not prove anything! They can still suck in their job!! Employers or firms should just hire random people from the street without requiring them to show their education and job experience!!! That's why tons of people can't get a decent job now!!!

/s

On a serious note,
    It's true that having a high M+ score doesn't mean that one is gonna be great in the m+. But it definitely reduces the chance that you'll get a "retard" in. Similiar to real life, employers employing fresh graduates always try to get the smartest people (and with a relevant major). It doesn't guarantee that they'll be able to perform well in a job, but at least there's higher chance of getting a decent person, as compared to hiring a uneducated random dude from the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    People really need to stop using Raider.io and Curve, in fact, Blizzard should just shut them down or block APIs to keep them from scanning chars.
    So you are basically saying people should have no way of knowing what you did before. Everything should just be random, and you call that an improvement?
    If you want to PUG, be prepared to live the PUG life, else, get a group of friends aka a guild.
    As a PUG you are vying for a 'job' as a hired gun. Clients will check your resume, so you'll need to polish that as you compete with the other hired guns for the gig. The keyholder is the only one that doesn't need to compete, as he decides on who is hired.

Don't like having to work on your resume? Become the one that is hiring or join your family business where people will never ask for your CV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Here is a tip for people using it - If you're doing a 10, you'd want people around 600-700 borderline to be accepted. If you can't get a M+ 6 in time average for each dungeon then you can't really complain (and 6s are particularly easy to do).
    I like raider.io, solely because I am able to play on a Wednesday. It is flawed though, as you'll only get a ranking from keys 9 and below if you play before the weekend. Last night on my realm, if you weren't doing a key higher than a 9, you wouldn't get a score. The cap will get higher and higher as we progress in gear, which will make it more difficult for players who are late to start.

https://raiderio.reamaze.com/article...-capacity-work

Let's say you're a great player, but can only play at the weekend. By that time, if you're trying to work your way up through M+ keys, you are not going to get a ranking until you do +11 keys.

You could try and get round this by finding people on a lower pop realm, but that could not be easy and you'd still have the problem of them taking you if your score was 0.

With all that said, I've not had an issue getting alts invited to M+ groups around the 5-6 mark, this was before I knew I could link my alts to my main on raider.io.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2018-10-12 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemb View Post
    Gear inflation is insane now. Alot of the time you put together a key group with high ilvl people and then we start the dungeon and these 373+ ilvl dpsers are doing 6-7k DPS. IO really helps weed out these types. They are the ones with high ilvl and 300-500 score.
    Tend to agree I only run one instance a week for my 10 sometimes 2 if I cant get a ten key but ilv means less then nothing in bfa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidzonez View Post
    I don't mind AOTC but raider.io is absolutely a major problem in the game right now. It's gearscore but worse and incredibly unhealthy for the game.

mythic+ in general has been a pretty bad addition for the health of the game, I don't think people want to admit it but I think it would be better for the long term of the game is mythic+ was removed.
    M+ as content is good and a hell of a lot of people enjoy it so why remove it? Me and my friends run m+ way more than raids because we don't like raids so then what would we do? Random heroic dungeons? Islands? lol please just because you don't like it / can't get into groups doesnt make the content itself bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    raider.io shows how much time you've spent, not your skill.
    But people who spent a lot of time usually have at least enough practice for the m+, even though they are tards.

My twinks score is below 300, even though the twink did some m+8
    Still people won't take me to a m+3 because its score is low
    That's kinda retarded (I did m+8 in time but are to bad for m+3? What?)

also I don't want to register on raider.io website to link my twink to my main, because raider.io is created from a LLC company that is often used for fraud (the LLC form I mean, I don't want to say anything bad over the raider.io creators here, because I don't know anything bad they did)
    + the AGB of raider.io contains that they are allowed to sell my information ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Usually I'm not paranoid, but this is a bit strange.

They created an addon that blocks out players that are not using the addon. Saying 'just make your own group' is bullshit if everyone uses this addon now, because they don't want to be blocked out from finding groups. And because you want to enjoy the content they blocked you have to register to the website.
    This entire post couldn't be more wrong.

- raider.io doesn't show how much time you spent, at least not at first glance. It shows you only the highest score for each instance. You could run each dungeon at +10 ONCE - which takes about 5-6 hours - and have a LOT higher score than someone who has been running +6s for 3 weeks straight.

- yeah it shows that people have practice in m+ (even though they are "tards"). But I'd rather take a tard that has practice than one that doesn't. Because this is the only metric you can really use. How do you tell the 200 rio player is more skilled than the 1000 rio player, when both apply to your group?

- LLC just means it's a Ltd. (limited) company, has nothing to do with fraud. Since you're talking about AGB, I assume you're German-speaking, so I'm just going to say LLC is basically the same as GmbH in Germany.

- So raider.io wants to sell your data? So what, they're going to sell your wow character names?

- No one is blocking people without the addon. The addon shows scores even for people without the addon. Scores are automatically tracked, no addon needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I play mythic in raids, I got enough skill to do any content, but I dont have 900 IO score.

So far everytime I did get invited, I do well, no mistakes, high dps, etc. Io Score means nothing, gear ilvl means nothing, you cannot judge anything about someone based on numbers, only on actually seeing someone perform. Sadly people are not like that anymore, do not give you the benefit of the doubt, they think having high score means you are pro, it just means you did a +10 in all dungeons, doesn't let you see how well you performed, boosted or not.

But this is just how it is now, you cannot beat peoples ignorance about other people, alas.
    You people need to understand this: The group leader has NO way of knowing how skilled a player is. Inviting a 900 rio over a 200 rio player is NOT a guarantee that you're inviting a better player. But the chances are pretty good. Of course there are players with low rio scores that are skilled and can easily play +10s and higher. But the group leader CAN'T know, which one of the 30 applying players is that skilled. Raider.io just improves your chances. The chance of inviting a low skilled 1000 player is WAY lower than the chance of inviting a skilled 300 player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post

You people need to understand this: The group leader has NO way of knowing how skilled a player is. Inviting a 900 rio over a 200 rio player is NOT a guarantee that you're inviting a better player. But the chances are pretty good. Of course there are players with low rio scores that are skilled and can easily play +10s and higher. But the group leader CAN'T know, which one of the 30 applying players is that skilled. Raider.io just improves your chances. The chance of inviting a low skilled 1000 player is WAY lower than the chance of inviting a skilled 300 player.
    Quite literally, this.

Quote Originally Posted by FroztSpectre View Post
    Bachelors Degree and Professional Certificates are ruining the job market!!

Employers really need to stop checking education certificates, infact, the world should just shut them down!
    People are turning into literal monogloids that rely on those certificates, and it ruins the job market!

Having a bachelors degree, masters, PhD or relevant job experience does not prove anything! They can still suck in their job!! Employers or firms should just hire random people from the street without requiring them to show their education and job experience!!! That's why tons of people can't get a decent job now!!!

/s

On a serious note,
    It's true that having a high M+ score doesn't mean that one is gonna be great in the m+. But it definitely reduces the chance that you'll get a "retard" in. Similiar to real life, employers employing fresh graduates always try to get the smartest people (and with a relevant major). It doesn't guarantee that they'll be able to perform well in a job, but at least there's higher chance of getting a decent person, as compared to hiring a uneducated random dude from the street.
    That's the best analogy I've read here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    Then just play a freaking solo game, have you never been in the case where you were the nooby don't knowing what to do ? Have you always been elitist garbage ?
    There is no excuse now you see. Guides... addons, auras video guides.... I can give advice, if a person is actually trying, but most often it ends up "I play how I want" or "Don't tell me what to do you elitist moron" so who has to play solo game then? but yea, I am playing to get shit done, not to sit there and teach. That is where Raider.io comes in handy, even tho it might be a boosted player, but it is way better chance for 1k score player being ok than 400 score player saying "I am good, it's only 10"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidzonez View Post
    I don't mind AOTC but raider.io is absolutely a major problem in the game right now. It's gearscore but worse and incredibly unhealthy for the game.

mythic+ in general has been a pretty bad addition for the health of the game, I don't think people want to admit it but I think it would be better for the long term of the game is mythic+ was removed.
    Absolutely not true. Mythic+ has been thrle best addition to the game in years which countered a problem for a long time where dungeons became obselete after a month.

Hei @Aedomys:
    You do not like raider.io? No problem, just come up with a better system, develop it and make it available for everybody. Until then we stay with it, even if we know it is not perfect.

If you cannot beat it, join it. What is so wrong with using these tools yourself to build groups of similar scored players to push up keys to get higher scores.
    There is nothing wrong with people having requirements. They are spending time and money playing this game and are invested. It's entirely up to them what requirements they use.
    Raider.io, achievements and Warcraft logs are tools to help them make the best groupthey can. They are not making the group for other players, they are doing it for themselves.
    If you don't meet the requirement you should spend time getting to those requirements instead of making a complaint post. Join keys, list keys and build them up. Join raids with less requirements to build up kill counts and logs and maybe get some more kills you don't have. If you run your own logs and can show you are a decent performing player it helps.
    But don't blame others or add-ons/websites for your own lack of investment to push in m+ and raids. Slot of those people with higher keys or good curved groups have worked hard to get them/have them themselves.
    I myself run keys with a regular group we built up over legion, sometimes I jump into friends groups and sometimes I pug. sometimes it doesn't go well but we or I keep at it. It took me nearly an expansion to get a solid group for m+. As for raids I just run in a casual group with mostly "regular" players, they exist and are not hard to find if you don't wanna commit to guild raiding.

Tldr; the add-ons and achievements are not the problem, you need to work for it even if it's from the bottom up. Try find a solid regular group and make your own groups.

It's needed even more then ever before imo. Since Normal / Hc raiders started to reach ilvl370ish numbers recently, you might potentially take in a 375 ilvl player who in their whole time in BFA, never stepped in to any M+ ever. Thank god we have rio.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    This entire post couldn't be more wrong.

You are making it wrong by inventing things, thats not how you do it.

LLC has like nothing in common with GmbH except one point: It 'protects' the founder, because LLC and GmbH are both juridical persons.
    LLC -> you need one euro to create one, you don't have to register your company and you can take your money out of it any time you want.
    So you can create one with 1 euro, make your fraud, take all the money and be happy because the LLC itself is the one who gets the problem.
    With a GmbH you need 25000 euro to start with, you need a notary (around 2k), you need to pay yourself salary with a fixed value and can't just take everything from the company and you need to register the company to the Trade Register. I've founded a company myself so I know there's a lot of differences. There is customers that avoid LLC because of this and other reasons. There are laws against LLC that you aren't allowed to work more than 1-2 years for the same customer because of 'Scheinselbstständigkeit', because LLC (and GbR) was often used as a fraud to save yourself from paying certain payments to the state. This doesn't make owners of LLCs to criminals. I just say the form is often used if you want to get money fast from something.

So EVERYONE who has one euro can create a LLC and just do with it what he wants and trash it after he doesn't need it anymore.
    A GmbH is very different. A LLC is like the german GbR with one difference. The GbR isn't a juridical person, LLC is.
    That's why LLC is often used for fraud. You can protect yourself from law for one dollar (to a certain degree).

And about selling your data
    Well, you can sell a List with emails for 2 Euro each mail. Let's say there is like 30/40k people on raider.io you can sell it multiple times. Theses mails are used by bots that search for you through the internet to find you and your friends and suddenly your friends get mails with "Hey, xy bought this stuff here, do you want it, too?"
    You can't avoid that shit today, but is there really need to feed it even more? Also there is more information about you. They not only have your battle tags, they have all information that is available about you over the Blizz API, because you need to Login with your battletag, to the Blizzard OAuth. People are also connecting raider.io with discord, twitter, twitch, youtube, wowhead and by doiing this there is even more information.

If people look at my char, they would see acms for m+8 dungeons, they would see I did uldir heroic and some part in myth. This would be enough to get everything done, but instead they just chose not to invite me, because my rio score is < 500 and this doesn't make me viable for m+4 some times. This happens a lot. I'm not running dungeons all day to get every shit dungeon done in +10 and farm my score, but every dungeons I did, was still done in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    If people look at my char, they would see acms for m+8 dungeons, they would see I did uldir heroic and some part in myth. This would be enough to get everything done, but instead they just chose not to invite me, because my rio score is < 500 and this doesn't make me viable for m+4 some times. This happens a lot. I'm not running dungeons all day to get every shit dungeon done in +10 and farm my score, but every dungeons I did, was still done in time.
    I'm not going to get more into detail with your other points, as I don't want to discuss any legal stuff in an online forum. But regarding this paragraph: Imagine you make a group and you have 20 people with 400 score and 5 people with 800+. Why would you ever even spend those 2 minutes checking those 400 score people, when you can just invite the other ones? It's not like 400 isn't enough for your m+4, it's the fact that ten people with even higher score apply for the same spot.

It's really the same discussion as in the first weeks of BfA, before m+ went live. You create a mythic group with requirement 330+. As soon as you have a tank and a healer, you would get (and I'm not exaggerating here) 30+ DPS applications within 10-15 seconds. Yeah sure, the group said 330+, but if you have the choice between a 332 character and a 350 character, people WILL invite the 350. It doesn't matter that there are good and skilled players with low ilvl (or today, low raider.io score). Item level back then (or raider.io score today) is the only visible metric that doesn't take at least 1-2 minutes per applicant to check.