Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raider.io is cancer. If you don't have the time to run keys all week, and instead are raiding or preparing for raid, your io level is simply not good enough for many groups.

Even if you have 370+ ilevel, if you lack the 1000~ io that people are asking for 10+ keys then you are stuck searching for keys that don't even drop stuff that you can use (excluding warforges.) You basically have to increase your io level in worthless key runs just to get a high enough io level to be invited to instances that 'might' drop something usable.

Because you really need to have done each affix and instance over and over and over and over again to understand what they do...
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-10-09 at 11:22 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Couple issues with raider.io

1. It favors people who can play during the week before the leader board fills up and can farm points on lower keys

2. It favors dead servers that have no chance of filling up their leader board. You can exploit the system by just having someone in the group with a dead server and running their keys over and over to farm points.

Other than those two issues its a good indicator of dungeon experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    People really need to stop using Raider.io and Curve, in fact, Blizzard should just shut them down or block APIs to keep them from scanning chars. People are turning into litteral mongoloids using this and it ruines the game. It's just like the mess the game became at WOTLK when the addon Gearscore was introduced, people went ape shit with delirious prerequisites to enter raids or M+. Just look at Uldir, the next week after it's opening, people were already checking Raider.Io, Curve, or whatever aids was invented to scan progression, and if you didn't down G'huun the first week, well you are fucked.

I don't know if Blizzard guys get onto this forum, but really, Raider.io and Curve need to be put down for the sake of the game not being ruined by morons that can't bear to just be decent people and just play without being monkeys and ask for every dungeon to be a literally a carry.
    Naw, that is people, not the game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's like any other ladder, you have to work your way up or know the right people.

I use this raider.io but i have no idea how it works actually.
    I completely two +8 and two +7 rest is lower like 6-5-4-3-2 etc just to see them done.
    one of my +8 is recorded and it shows, the other +8 doesn't show in the addon but it shows on in game mythic page.
    I have 372 io score. I guess it is very low and means I am shit but hey I tanked two +8 this week with all that bolstering!
    the question is why one shows up and the other doesn't?

also, if for example I completed a +8 and then got let's say 50 points. Then I completed the same dungeon on +9 and got 60 pts.
    Now I have 110 points or I simply have 60 pts now as previous one is beaten. Is this cumulative or average points?
    Last edited by Gref; 2018-10-10 at 01:35 AM.

No, the fact that the developers put so much time and attention into content where people have to resort to such tools to decide who to play with is what's ruining the game.

If they made decent, fun and rewarding content that wasn't tuned around having insane gear and having played for years then people wouldn't need to try to figure out who to play with to keep their time from being totally wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Raider.io is cancer. If you don't have the time to run keys all week, and instead are raiding or preparing for raid, your io level is simply not good enough for many groups.

Even if you have 370+ ilevel, if you lack the 1000~ io that people are asking for 10+ keys then you are stuck searching for keys that don't even drop stuff that you can use (excluding warforges.) You basically have to increase your io level in worthless key runs just to get a high enough io level to be invited to instances that 'might' drop something usable.

Because you really need to have done each affix and instance over and over and over and over again to understand what they do...
    If you're preparing for raids youd be running mythic plus, that is where you lost me

1. Make own group
    2. Join progression groups
    3. Never get curve

There are too many braindead apes to invite anyone.

People want easy 1 shot runs at pugs. Imagine that the only way to check someone is by inspecting. Summon - > no curve = kick. Is it better?

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    If they made decent, fun and rewarding content that wasn't tuned around having insane gear and having played for years then people wouldn't need to try to figure out who to play with to keep their time from being totally wasted.
    Unfortunately for 99% of people who sit in pug finder and don't have the accolades of "scores", "achievements", "logs" and whatnot, the only thing that is "fun" is content where they can mindlessly spam their dps button, and then they expect that content to be "rewarding" as well, read top gear for mindless zerg.

Most of these players have problems with interrupting, stunning, moving out of the fire and focusing prio adds.

You don't need insane gear if you use stuns, interrupts, cc and don't pull like a gogogo lfr player.

Says something when people claim their most hated affixes are explosive or bolstering - read any affix that doesn't allow deathball aoe yolo pulls.

Shame that community is so hypocritical, first they whine "bring back vanilla / tbc when cc in dungeons mattered" and then when they get that, they complain that everything isn't a loot pinata like the world bosses.

I did temple of sethraliss +10 helping a friend gearing a 340 healer. We did mostly fine except 1 wipe in the ball carry room. But we tried to take it slowly knowing we have undergeared healer. On the other hand I had a guildie trying to pug waycrest +4 and the pug disbanded at the witch boss, unable to complete it. Does the dungeon require "insane gear"? Nope, most players just don't move to drop their stacks, don't interrupt the witches to lower the damage done to the group, don't use defensives and self-heals because it's "healer's job", don't spread with the curse circle and so forth. But in the end they will only draw a conclusion "damn, we need more ilvl to beat this boss, I hate Blizzard and these overtuned dungeons".

ban curve? 100%, it does ruin the game, anyone and their grandma can get curve if they got the gold, it's a fascade most people who link curve suck and it's a scam. Obviously you want IO removed cause you have nothing on IO that's getting you in groups, so seems to be working to me

Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    Yes. Because like at the WOTLK period, ilvl is an obvious secure way to be sure someone knows his shit, like, I mean, you totally can't get into a group while being a total retard, get carried and ending up with the raider.io or curve progression. This shit is flawless you see.
    By no means is it a flawless method, but it is more accurate then not

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    The way you write I'd take a good look in the mirror before calling anyone a moron. If you're a great player, who knows all the dungeons and plays a tank class, why not just tank a few dungeons until your score is high enough to get quick invistes as DPS?
    Or why not do some runs with friends? You're a good player, a smart guy and a nice person, I'm sure you know lots of people who want to run M+ with you.
    First, don't "insult" me directly, I might be tanking sometimes, but have some perception problems and don't want to tank bad and f up people pretending i am a very good desired tank player, ok? Get off your imaginary high horse dude. Some people play dps some tank etc, it's not on you to decide for people to change what they do for years; pretending I or you, or others are high-end players in world top guild, that require website guild invites into imaginary top 100 guilds, that I presume your not in, even if you are, you are in the low end of it, well I am not even in the top, never claimed to be, saying it hurts normal people, it will be worse then item lvl ?

My guild mates, or friends might not be online there, or we 2 try to join a below 1' grp, ( don't have so much time sting for hours spamming to get it , and are excluded from it ) , you see the problem is not getting , into 10+ , the problem is being denied for lower keys, requiring you have a score for +10,....its like trying to pug a normal raid and people asking for heroic/mythic achi clears.

And btw, some of us might have a life, and don't have time to spam m+10 all the time, so when we try to join a +7-9, and are capable of doing it , we CAN'T because we are not on the breadboard .
    Last edited by mmoc1e09114525; 2018-10-10 at 05:15 AM.

The people who want to remove it really aren't putting 2 seconds of thought into what would happen if they actually did.

Hint: You still would not come out on top.

That gearscore treatment was what got me to give up on raiding in WotLK all the way until Legion. Absolutely horrendous. Titanforging helps to "brute force" stupidly high ilevel barriers but it doesn't help as much vs "no, sorry, I haven't done 25 high key mythic+'s this week. How about you let me in a damn group already so I can at least get one for my chest?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    unlike gearscore, raider.io actually shows to a degree how skilled someone is
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The only issue with r.io is the shitty blizzard M+ API. Like legit r.io tracked +2 but did not track the +10 for the same dungeon.

Raider io is needed cause ilvl means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    On the other thing... Even if blizzard broke the raider io addon, people are still gonna look you up before running high keys with you, just like they checked wowprogress before it was a thing.
    Not even talking about HIGH KEYS, people are being ridiculous over low level garbage keys. I have timed tens even on my "shitty" alts, but if I want to do a 7 (or even a 5 or 6) for a piece of loot, 800 io or gtfo, because I need to have done a Shrine key on my alt that needs not even one piece of gear from that dungeon in order to get into a Motherlode I timed a ten of that the key holder hasn't.

Raider.io isn't the problem in and of itself though it's how the community at large uses the addon.

I think it'd be ten times more useful to have a tip in the loading screen added that says: "If you decline a player that has timed a higher key of the dungeon they're queueing for just cuz they didn't bother with dungeons they don't need, you're a fucking dumbass and you should stop doing that." instead of somehow breaking that addon.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-10-10 at 05:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    This post really only deserves a "git gud".

Why would I bring someone with 200 m+ score to a +11 when I have access to a lot of people who have at least done enough m+ to time a +10 per dungeon. If I have to pick a random I don't know with 200 or a random I don't know with 1000 I'll take the 1000 every single time.

Same for Curve.

Ilvl is always considered alongside this.
    that makes sense, but people do this type of shit for +5's and 6's, inviting the best people they can find even when the people they aren't inviting would be able to complete the key.

If anything, tools like this do wonders to push folks who've had enough of the pug nonsense to look for guilds. Working exactly as intended.

People still don't seem to grasp the fact that "I'm hoping to get carried" and "I'm looking for a smooth run" are just 2 sides of the same exact coin. *shrug*
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2018-10-10 at 05:57 AM.