Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My picks would probably be...

Arathi Barbarians - Built using the Orc skeleton, they would be noticeably taller and more muscular than Humans, although still clearly "human". Explain that some of the Arathi tribes hid in the mountains of Arathi Highlands, and are now inspired to fight for honor and glory to reclaim their once homeland, Stromgarde. Kind of a middle ground between "playable Vrykul" and recognizing the current Vrykul models are super old now.

However, since Kul Tirans have basically made this impossible (there's no way Blizzard would add TWO human allied races), that leads me to...

The Mogu - However, instead of being based on the Draenei skeleton (as they were in MoP), I would instead have them based on the upright Orc skeleton, but with some notable alterations. A bit more "lean" than Orcs, I would give them a much more upright demeanor, sort of like their original concept art seemed to showcase:

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...200px-Mogu.jpg

Plus, it would be great to have a "serious" race that also fits perfectly as a Monk.

Those Cthulu-looking dudes from Kul Tiras - Using the Undead models, but taller and more upright. Sort of "noble and aristocratic" if you will, a race of cthulu-like guys that feed off of others' madness and paranoia. To make them more interesting, I would limit them PURELY to magic-using classes, save for maybe Rogue. I've always been fond of the Mindflayers seen on this cover-art of an old book...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/.../58/Exile2.jpg

Lightforged undeads with Uther and Calia

Some human race for the horde with Arthas and Kel'thuzad

I want that combo only because I am a sucker for the stories about wars between hairs(that is why I love a lot the Asoiaf books)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Sethrak, mogu and uncorruptes arakkoa. Vulpera works tooo.
    Too humanoid races are boring. One of the reasons I prefer the Horde races, cus Gnomes and Dwarves are just tiny and medium humans when you think about it. I do like the Dark Iron dwarves though.

I would love to see Harpies, if not a full fledged allied race, at least some of their lore explored (mainly, exactly where they come from and why there are no male harpies).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally ONE neutral allied race to coincide with the pandaren, preferably tuskar or tortollans but tortollans have too much going on for armor to work so that’s probably off the table.

May as well allow San’layn since they joined the horde or whatever, Mogu should get fed up with constantly being dicked by the Zandalari and join the Alliance to coincide with *drum roll* Stonemaul Ogres who came to Azeroth from Draenor during the Mag’har scenario.

I think the Sabaron and Botani are really neat as well but I don’t know if there is much interest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for the love of god, then I can die in peace.

Mogu.

/10char
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I just want more variance on the current races fk the allied races bake the customization INTO the race. IE have all variants of dwarf, nelf, human, orc etc etc not individual separate slots. Have the quests to introduce them fine thats cool just let them be branches of current races.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Would love to see the eredar for the alliance. a cool warrior race instead of the crap we gotten so far.

- - - Updated - - -

But for who!??!?! my guess horde. and we get some ulgy junker gnomes.
    horde obvious

I play a lot of DnD so I'm open to some pretty high fantasy concepts.

Elementals, Sethrak, Tuskarr, Arakkoa, Ogres, Centaur, Moonkin, Vrykul, Kobolds, Naga, Tortollans, Hozen and Jinyu.

They could just make a whole new neutral faction if they wanted.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Tuskar

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Tol'vir

Screw pandas. I want cat-like centaurs.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Just a regular skeleton. No skin, no muscle. Just bones. Make them an allied race of the forsaken, let them be Gnome Skeletons, Tauren Skeletons, Orc Skeletons, Human Skeletons, you get the drift. I just wanna be able to play as a skeleton 100% of the time without use of potions, imagine a badass skeleton wearing a badass tmog. Yeah... Skeletons.
    I want this so badly now just because of how ridiculous it'd look.
    If they can't be death knights though, I'd be upset.

Deleted
    Horde:
    Revantusk tribe (Forest trolls)
    Ogres (stonemaul clan)

Alliance:
    Furbolgs
    Wilderhammer dwarfs

Back to the more classic races that are part of the factions.
    Holy undead, Mogu, alien races ect start to become abit to crazy for me they alrdy pushed the lore with Void Elves and in my opinion failed to make this race part of the warcraft universe.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2018-10-12 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    No need to guess. Vulpera are going Horde if they ever become an allied race. A new PTR patch happened the other day and some incursion information was data mined, some of the resulting text has a Vulpera NPC praising the Horde hero for saving them and thanking the Horde for their protection, against the "relentless Alliance" incursion force.

Along those lines, an achievement was data mined in regards to incursions for both factions.
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=...the-frontlines Alliance
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=...the-frontlines Horde

Notice the various achievements required? Specifically the names. All are rather bland or have a pun in the name, except for both faction's achievements for Vol'dun, where both achievements have the word 'heroes' in the title. "Horde of Heroes" and "Many Fine Heroes".

I think in 8.1 we might start to see the polarization of Vulpera and Sethrak towards Horde/Alliance. Very possible they are a future Allied race pair.
    I hope to god we do not get the sethrak on the alliance side. That would be a other funny, joke race for the alliance.

And yup seems more likely horde is getting them as allied race. That + models being more worked on then other npc races.

But please god...no sethrak for the alliance. We need a lore heavy, strong, cool looking race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    horde obvious
    yup :'(

So afraid what the alliance is going to get.

7+ Year Old Account
    ogres using kultiras skeleton

5+ Year Old Account
    Constellar, dryad, vulpera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    So afraid what the alliance is going to get.
    Probably Sethrak. They make the most sense thematically to be added along side the Vulpera.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I'd much rather have updated models with more customization. Most races still look like shit even after the rework. Just look at male night elves...
    This. The less thing we need is more unfinished races

Wouldnt mind alliance getting holy forsaken on the condition that they were essentially enslaved to a naaru and were called the devoted or something. they feel no pain or anguish but have no free will, essentially the perfect opposite of the forsaken. Also play up the will of the forsaken narrative, these new forsaken recruits are completely unrealistic and its been really bothering me...