Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Ogres... O G R E S..... shouldve been in from start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wigermo View Post
    Hozen for the horde
    Jinyu for the allies
    No, just no.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Not at all. Vulpera and Kul Tiran are based on existing skeletons, whereas Ogres are not.

They would have to be their own race, not an allied race
    kul'tiran as a compltely new skeleton when added.

new races could easily use the already used skeletons, ogres can easily use kul'tiran skeleton.

Allied race is the system that came to substitute the "new race" we had

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like that's what the Mok'nathal are using right now, if memory serves.
    the only one using is rexar, and he used an orc model, there is no reason to not use kul'tiran for ogres as well, besides, mokn'athal is the name of the clan, not the name of half-ogres
    As wide as Kul Tiran are, Ogres are far wider and broader, so if they used Kul Tiran skeleton they would be 'skinny Ogres', which would look almost exactly like a Mok'nathal.
    it would not be skinny ogres, kul'tiran have even a bigger belly, and they are the same size, ogre average size is 8ft.

That being said, I see more precedent for Mok'nathal being an Allied Race using Kul Tiran rig than I do for Ogres.
    except monkathal being a dead clan in outlands, with by your own reasons, have no words in politcs of the horde, as they have both ogres and orcs in the clan and the half-breeds are rare and their traits would vary

the half-breeds are a downgrade of ogres in every way and the clan itself bring nothing new of we don't ahve already(another orc clan with hunters)

Naga
    Fairies
    Dryads
    Dragons
    Centaurs

3+ Year Old Account
    core races: Furbolgs for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde
    allied races: Broken Draenei for the Alliance and Alteraci Humans for the Horde

Ogres and Furbolgs aren't derivatives whatsoever from any existing core race so they deserve to be their own core race without needing rep grind or allied race questline
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    core races: Furbolgs for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde
    allied races: Broken Draenei for the Alliance and Alteraci Humans for the Horde

Ogres and Furbolgs aren't derivatives whatsoever from any existing core race so they deserve to be their own core race without needing rep grind or allied race questline
    there is no distinction in new races or core races until blizzard says otherwise in the futre, because they said new future races would be add with the "allied race system" because its easier.

furbolgs are unlikely without a new subrace related to then, akin to pandaren or other or saberon by example, and "alterac humans" is just a joke

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    and "alterac humans" is just a joke
    no it's not; remember that the Horde first hated Blood Elves and now they're the most popular race; Alteraci Humans will be fine just give them time
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Manari eredar for horde and lightforged undead for alliance. I only like the new model/rig ones or the faction swapped ones tbh. Highmountain, maghar, dark iron, lightforged draenei should just be new barbershop customization for their parent races.

kul'tiran as a compltely new skeleton when added.

new races could easily use the already used skeletons, ogres can easily use kul'tiran skeleton.

Allied race is the system that came to substitute the "new race" we had
    Kul Tiran are new, but Ogres are not. They're already using their own skeleton rig, and have their own shape and form. They're notably broader than Kul Tiran

Personally, I'd say they would need their own rig to properly represent them, since the Kul Tiran rig really suits something in between an Ogre and a Vrykul, not just an Ogre. My opinion.

except monkathal being a dead clan in outlands, with by your own reasons, have no words in politcs of the horde, as they have both ogres and orcs in the clan and the half-breeds are rare and their traits would vary

the half-breeds are a downgrade of ogres in every way and the clan itself bring nothing new of we don't ahve already(another orc clan with hunters)
    Mok'nathal wouldn't be subject to being a new race though, since they could easily be added as an Allied Race that uses Kul Tiran rig. I never said they *should* be playable, but I was making a case that they get the benefit of being an Allied Race option.

Again, a difference in opinion since I don't see this happening to Ogres using Kul Tiran rig even though it's possible; I think Ogres do look physically different and distinct in shape and size, down to the skeleton. Why do I say this? Because we literally do have a separate Ogre rig that already exists in the game, and has even been updated in WoD alongside many others. It's just not adapted for Player Characters and all of the gear sets, and that would take a lot of work to adapt. And while making Kul Tiran adaptable would be a sensible workaround, it's also one that I don't think properly suits the Ogres, since they're meant to be broader than even a Kul Tiran.

There are significant proportion differences, from considering the placement of the leg sockets at the hip, the shoulder placement, the size of the hands, length of the legs, the size of the head in relation to the body, etc. And you can see in this picture what an Ogre would look like if adapted to the Kul Tiran skeleton - to me it looks off and not very Ogre-like at all, even if you added some body and leg fat to them. The skeleton proportions aren't ideal for Ogres.

Mok'nathal however, this fits very well since they are one step smaller than Ogre and not as broad, and would be ideal for Kul Tiran rig since it seems Blizzard may have considered adapting Rexxar in mind when designing the Kul Tiran's proportions and planning what other races could reuse the rig. So far, we've seen no new Ogre races being represented by Kul Tiran skeleton.

Even with this attempt, it doesn't scream 'Ogre' to me. It's a very nice attempt, but it still looks like a Kul Tiran with a headswap even with proportion adaptations in play. For me, the head size and leg length is what kills it, since Ogres have shorter legs and bigger abdominal/waist lines, making them relatively Gorilla-like in proportions.

If there were a happy medium that makes this work, I'd be all for it. But if we're talking about shoe-horning Ogres using the Kul Tiran skeleton for the sake of having Ogres, I'd rather not butcher that concept. Just like I wouldn't want Amani Trolls reusing Zandalari or Darkspear proportions, when they already have their own look.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-25 at 07:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Botani
    Saberon
    Arakkoa
    Mogu
    Sethrak
    Ethereals
    Furbolgs
    Jinyu

The bold ones are the ones i want the most.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me Murlocs or give me death.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    no it's not; remember that the Horde first hated Blood Elves and now they're the most popular race; Alteraci Humans will be fine just give them time
    blood elves were not an alliance race, despite the bs people like to talk, humans are.

- - - Updated - - -

Kul Tiran are new, but Ogres are not. They're already using their own skeleton rig, and have their own shape and form. They're notably broader than Kul Tiran
    that is not rly a good argument because:

1- as we can see, they can simple create a whole new model entirely, when adding a new race, we have evidence of that.
    2- they can simple edit the kul'tiran skeleton.

Mok'nathal wouldn't be subject to being a new race though, since they could easily be added as an Allied Race that uses Kul Tiran rig. I never said they *should* be playable, but I was making a case that they get the benefit of being an Allied Race option.

allied races are new races

all "new races" for now on will use the allied race "system", see vulpera, until they say otherwise
    Again, a difference in opinion since I don't see this happening to Ogres using Kul Tiran rig even though it's possible; I think Ogres do look physically different and distinct in shape and size, down to the skeleton
    what are you talking about, we only see one moknathal and he is almost exactly like an ogre, the only difference between rexxar and a full ogre is the lack of horns and the belly, which is again, like i said, why moknathal is a downgrade in every possible way, to customization to lore

Ogres have much more options to custom, like one or two eyes and different horn options, something totally unique that no race has yet(the eye part)

Even with this attempt, it doesn't scream 'Ogre' to me. It's a very nice attempt, but it still looks like a Kul Tiran with a headswap even with proportion adaptations in play. For me, the head size and leg length is what kills it, since Ogres have shorter legs and bigger abdominal/waist lines, making them relatively Gorilla-like in proportions.
    it does not scream ogre because its not a very nice attempt, its terrible, they literally just place an ogre head on then, of course it will be shit

this is completely misleading, they can edit in a satisfactory way without just trading heads, just take rexxar as example who don't look nothing like a kul'tiran

Just like I wouldn't want Amani Trolls reusing Zandalari or Darkspear proportions, when they already have their own look.
    if new models/skeletons are better there is no reason to not look for improvement.

is not rly a good argument because:

1- as we can see, they can simple create a whole new model entirely, when adding a new race, we have evidence of that.
    2- they can simple edit the kul'tiran skeleton.
    Then we're not talking about an Ogre with the Kul Tiran skeleton. See how it circles back to my original point? Ogres would need their own skeleton. That means more effort required to adapt all gear options.

And no, editing proportions is never simple. It breaks many things once you get down to it, and you have to consider that there are literally hundreds of animations that a player chatacter needs to function. You make the legs shorter and keep the animations the same, tweak until the run animation is good and all done right? But now you still have busted sitting animations, jumps, mount positions, monk kicks, spell slams, stealth walk, charge, etc etc. It's never simple, and take it from someone who mods WoW models into WC3. General rule is avoid unless you want to spend most of your work tweaking every animation to fit your rig tweaks. It's better just to find something with better proportions to base your custom model on.

Vulpera are a new race but they use the Goblin skeleton. They were designed to use the same base skeleton, not with wildly different proportions like longer limbs or taller body. It's not like the Vulpera existed, then they retroactively remodelled it to fit the Golbin proportions.

Mok'nathal got the benefit of being remade with Kul Tiran skeleton in consideration, so tweaks could actively be made to fit both frames before pushing out to animation. It's not like the Rexxar model is using a heavily tweaked Kul Tiran skeleton, it's straight up using their rig.

Would be the same as if we were talking Murlocs. The effort to make all gear adapt to existing Murloc rig would be tedious, and that:s even if we're considering if Blizzard wants to make em playable which they don't. Same with Quillboar and Gnolls. And Ogres just happens to fit that same category of remaining as NPCs. Why? Who knows, but Blizzard hasn't ignored em for ~20 yrs just to suddenly add em now just because some random forumers think it can be done, for the sake of an argument. You haven't even expressed a desire for playable Ogres, right? You just want to make a point, and I get that, but it's not in any favour to the Ogre being any more likely to be playable.

If they want to look towards improvements and progress, then theres more options than retrofitting a race that's never even gotten a female gender design ever.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-09-26 at 08:37 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taunka

/10

Sethrak...
    Last edited by Razion; 2022-06-13 at 05:49 PM.

Personally, I'd say they would need their own rig to properly represent them, since the Kul Tiran rig really suits something in between an Ogre and a Vrykul, not just an Ogre. My opinion.

Again, a difference in opinion since I don't see this happening to Ogres using Kul Tiran rig even though it's possible; I think Ogres do look physically different and distinct in shape and size, down to the skeleton. Why do I say this? Because we literally do have a separate Ogre rig that already exists in the game, and has even been updated in WoD alongside many others. It's just not adapted for Player Characters and all of the gear sets, and that would take a lot of work to adapt. And while making Kul Tiran adaptable would be a sensible workaround, it's also one that I don't think properly suits the Ogres, since they're meant to be broader than even a Kul Tiran.

There are significant proportion differences, from considering the placement of the leg sockets at the hip, the shoulder placement, the size of the hands, length of the legs, the size of the head in relation to the body, etc. And you can see in this picture what an Ogre would look like if adapted to the Kul Tiran skeleton - to me it looks off and not very Ogre-like at all, even if you added some body and leg fat to them. The skeleton proportions aren't ideal for Ogres.

Mok'nathal however, this fits very well since they are one step smaller than Ogre and not as broad, and would be ideal for Kul Tiran rig since it seems Blizzard may have considered adapting Rexxar in mind when designing the Kul Tiran's proportions and planning what other races could reuse the rig. So far, we've seen no new Ogre races being represented by Kul Tiran skeleton.

If there were a happy medium that makes this work, I'd be all for it. But if we're talking about shoe-horning Ogres using the Kul Tiran skeleton for the sake of having Ogres, I'd rather not butcher that concept. Just like I wouldn't want Amani Trolls reusing Zandalari or Darkspear proportions, when they already have their own look.
    Oh my gosh the horror ! Get this out of my sight !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care for any future allied races, but I would very much like the current allied races to be available from jump without having to do a tiresome set of tasks to obtain them.

I'd be so happy, if WoW could implement:
    - Vrykul
    - Mogu
    - Ogre
    - Mok'Nathal (like Rexxar)

I especially don't want:
    - Naga (no legs)
    - Etehrial (no facial expressions, how would you customize them?)
    - Everything that is too dumb (like Murlocs, Gnolls)
    - Everything that differs too much from humanoid postures / bodies or are hard too equip, because of their body features (like Centaurs, Sethrak, Arrakoa, Hozen)

Also please allow Kul'Tiran to have thinner / agile bodies.
    Last edited by Brainbow; 2021-09-26 at 05:27 PM.

Remember when the Dreanei introduced a clan of Arrakoa to Adal and they got treated like they were joining the alliance back in Burning Crusade?

Yeah neither does blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then we're not talking about an Ogre with the Kul Tiran skeleton. See how it circles back to my original point? Ogres would need their own skeleton. That means more effort required to adapt all gear options.
    the this is your original point holds no ground because they can do different routes on what to do when adding a new race;

Where is the problem of "more effort to adapt al gear options"? is that rly a thing? they create kul'tiran from nothing, this mean it was not much fo an effort and they are willingly to do create the whole thing when adding a new race.

And no, editing proportions is never simple.
    they already did, multiple times so, again, not a problem.

It breaks many things once you get down to it, and you have to consider that there are literally hundreds of animations that a player chatacter needs to function. You make the legs shorter and keep the animations the same, tweak until the run animation is good and all done right? But now you still have busted sitting animations, jumps, mount positions, monk kicks, spell slams, stealth walk, charge, etc etc. It's never simple, and take it from someone who mods WoW models into WC3. General rule is avoid unless you want to spend most of your work tweaking every animation to fit your rig tweaks. It's better just to find something with better proportions to base your custom model on.
    They jusd did that with kul'tirans, and you are telling me they can doa gain ebcause much effort, all right

Vulpera are a new race but they use the Goblin skeleton. They were designed to use the same base skeleton, not with wildly different proportions like longer limbs or taller body. It's not like the Vulpera existed, then they retroactively remodelled it to fit the Golbin proportions.
    it does not amtter what the skeleton they use, its the a whole new race, that has to be tweked to support tails, ears, face and so on. again, not a problem.

Mok'nathal got the benefit of being remade with Kul Tiran skeleton in consideration, so tweaks could actively be made to fit both frames before pushing out to animation. It's not like the Rexxar model is using a heavily tweaked Kul Tiran skeleton, it's straight up using their rig.
    and why they can't get rexxar model, add a belly, and give ogres customization again?? do you don't know how you are being unresonable?

Would be the same as if we were talking Murlocs.
    nope, it would not

If they want to look towards improvements and progress, then theres more options than retrofitting a race that's never even gotten a female gender design ever.
    that are? cause edit rexar model and creating a female also using kul'tirana s abse sounds pretty good to me.