How to determine which specc your doing best in?

So, I been wondering, which specc I do best in on my hunter.
    Not the general idea of what specc, but specifically what specc I do best in

and I needed help to find a way to see which specc I do most damage with

not against a dummy, as they are unreliable, but lets say I found a group of mobs that
    spawns with rapid intervals, I tried with Detyails! but I do not quite understand
    how I can see what DPS/s I have , it says the amount of damage like 3.2 but
    I am either to stubborn being use to old dps meters

so what im asking for help is a few things...

1. help me see how I can do best dps.... so I can then switch speccs, weapons, food etc to see how to peek my dps

2. Help in determening what pet is best, yes I know its situational and that I take into account

and thats it, thanx hunters for your help

Just enter your info in Raidbots and you can easily sim yourself, changing specs and gear and even azarite traits.
    apart from that read the Guide on this forum, its the best guide you will find and all your questions will be answered

Azortharion-s-Beast-Mastery-Hunter-DPS-Guide-8-0-1-Battle-for-Azeroth

details has the same damage done/dps windows as other damage meters.. click around and you should be able to find it.

pets all do the same damage

Quote Originally Posted by neildown View Post
    Just enter your info in Raidbots and you can easily sim yourself, changing specs and gear and even azarite traits.
    apart from that read the Guide on this forum, its the best guide you will find and all your questions will be answered
    simming helps in theory. if you cannot get the play style down in practice.. i think that is more what this person is asking for. they want to go out into the world and try out each spec on their own and see which they personally, practically, do the best with.
    Last edited by the boar; 2018-10-11 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    simming helps in theory. if you cannot get the play style down in practice.. i think that is more what this person is asking for. they want to go out into the world and try out each spec on their own and see which they personally, practically, do the best with.
    ^this

When I sim the best talents for my Arcane Mage for example I don't like how it plays and get much better results with talents I'm used to or find more practical. In theory I lose around 800 DPS but I pull better overall numbers with "my build". I'd say shuffle around talents until you think the result suits you best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    So, I been wondering, which specc I do best in on my hunter.
    ...but specifically what specc I do best in

and I needed help to find a way to see which specc I do most damage with
    The only way to determine that is to practice in every single spec with an actual group in an actually relevant content, like M+ for example.
    You will need at least 2 weapons for that, rest of the gear is relevant of course, but the main thing is to see what spec you're most comfortable with (where you understand the rotation better, don't make mistakes and you are aware of what's happening around you while still doing damage).

P.S. All pets do same damage so for DPS they don't matter.

P.P.S. How's dummy unreliable? If you can't perform consistently on a single target dummy, you shouldn't be trying to do an actual content.