Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry WHAT THE HELL? "UH DK survivability buff soon, but not FROST????

PvP Balance
    Unholy DKs and Affliction Lock survivability is on the team's radar.
    Because FUCK YOU FROST DK???

Chill dude, take your pill

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    lol, chill, cos frost, i get it :P

... im sorry im just really tired and its the first thing that came to mind

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Chill? Frost DK dies faster than any other class and spec. Survivability is a big problem for Frost and we are waiting for it since July 17. Today is October 11. Frost players who were previously rated at 2500 can't even keep 1500 in this state. So squishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionexe View Post
    Chill? Frost DK dies faster than any other class and spec. Survivability is a big problem for Frost and we are waiting for it since July 17. Today is October 11. Frost players who were previously rated at 2500 can't even keep 1500 in this state. So squishy.
    What? There are several DKs over 2.4k. Not many, but it isn't impossible.

With that said, yes they do need some buffs clearly, seeing as the participation rate of UH and Frost is at 1.2% above 2.4k COMBINED. Wheras assasin rogues alone got over 10% participation.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Our Class in PvP has literally become a meme now, with the new absurd Lichborne "Take a RP-Walk" ability that is supposedly to come.

I'm playing DK since it's release with WotLK and we've never been in a worse spot than right now PvP-wise.
    The developers don't even take the class serious anymore.
    Despite having PvE and PvP balancing seperated from each other (haha) they show no intention of actually fixing the huge mechanical problems we have.
    The number one issue of course being surviability. No other class in the game needs to exchange so much in order to gain a little bit of surviability.
    Best example is Death Strike: The only - quote Blizzard: "spammable" (which is a joke in itself) defensive we have. We litterally have to sacrifice 80% of our damage output only to stay alive a few more seconds before we die either way, giving we of course already used the 3min IBF (which, in almost any case, has to be used within the first minute of most Arena games, against melee teams at least. That being antother problem, 2 of our 3 def cooldowns are against magic damage only).

And with Lichborne they apparently want to go the same way, sacrificing virtually all of our mobility in order to gain a damage reduction buff. The philosophy behind that is completely retarded, I think the development team wages a war against DKs and I don't think there are even any more DK players on the development team. The best thing you can do as of now is to either simply unsub or change the class you play.

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    lol, chill, cos frost, i get it :P

... im sorry im just really tired and its the first thing that came to mind
    You. I like you !

Do you guys remember LEGION Frost buffs?

They buffed frost with +30% to damage - after 6 months of ignoring the -30% delta - and then they forgot to adjust pvp balance, because blizzard does not care for this class.
    This lead to 3 seasons of frost dk playable in arena.

There was no balancing done, it was just a stupid aura pvE buff, which helped in pvp by accident.

There is no hope for BfA.

The discussion was about dot or "rot" comps. You are bringing something completely unrelated to the table.

Both PvE and PvP suitability suck a lot lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because unholy was and always will be the spec meant for PVP.
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

I think both DK DPS specs need some extra survivability and in both PvE and PvP. So much stuff already 1-shots me unless it's magic and I have AMS in M+ and some 1-shots are difficult to avoid because of our shitty mobility. Don't know how many times I have to give up strength pots to use my nitro boosts just to avoid a mechanic other classes can easily move out of. I don't even mind being the slowest class tbh, but at least give us some survivability, and put Wraith Walk off the GCD lol since it's speed burst is usually needed ASAP. I already never pick WW because I feel like I need Death Pact all the time and putting it on the GCD makes it even less likely for us to pick it.

I can see Frost having more access to IBF (less cd, stronger DR) and more armor, while Unholy would have more access to AMS (Good old 45sec CD AMS with 6+ sec duration and actual decent absorb --> rp conversion) and more Avoidance (like Unholy Endurance trait) to fit their spec fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    Because unholy was and always will be the spec meant for PVP.
    It wasn't the only spec at wotlk. Frost was very strong with a big ass CC.

Deleted
    I play Frost at mid level PVE and low level PVP and the class has some issues throughout

In raids and M+ we have solid damage and survivability as long as you like Boss, but our mobility and utility is painful, if I get a boss ability that I need to run out with, if I haven't planned my position perfect or if I get caught out, it's a wipe. We have grip which is good for quite a lot but other than that, not much point of bringing a DK unless his name is Nnogga and raids for Method.

For PvP however this is even worse. If you want to do damage, you need to spec BoS but if they know how to play they just cc or kite you (warriors are immune to cc in bladestorm, go figure). If someone focuses you, even with a healer, if you pop AMS and IBF, you might just survive but as I said, with no BoS damage and with everyone just walking away from us around pillars ignoring our slows and CC then you can't really do anything at all

not even tried unholy yet this expansion, after they destroyed apocalypse I just stopped bothering, I really don't get why UH has to put so much effort into getting to you, debuffing you, then landing this ability for 20-30k damage when a fire mage can just smack you for 60k while blinking and slowing/stunning you off the bat

Quote Originally Posted by Flykz View Post
    It wasn't the only spec at wotlk. Frost was very strong with a big ass CC.
    Well, DKs back then compared to DKs now is not even the same class :P Couldn't you be Frost Tank then? Blood DW? I hate my self for not changing mains back then, sounded so much fun..
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung Frosty View Post
    We have grip which is good for quite a lot but other than that, not much point of bringing a DK unless his name is Nnogga and raids for Method.
    All rankings and stats beg to differ according to what you say here friend, unless by Mid level, you refer to Normal Uldir which still is very close to the top.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/#
    *(FDK is top 3 DPS overall in HC Uldir)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/#
    *(Leads DPS race overall along with Outlaw in Mythic)

In M+ is a different situation, since there are lots of variables to take into consideration, but still if know how and when to use BoS, can lead DPS with ludicrous numbers.

PvP issues have been stated again and again. No need to recycle them all the time...
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    What? There are several DKs over 2.4k. Not many, but it isn't impossible.
    lol theres TEN (10)
    https://www.arenamate.net/?region=&r...class_filter=6

compare that to 2400+

DH = 31
    Druid = 140
    Hunter = 54
    Pally = 136
    Warrior = 84
    Rogue = 144
    Mage = 130
    Priest = 154
    Shaman = 144
    Monk = 55

The numbers dont lie. DK is 100% complete shit class. Anyone that is 2400 is an anomaly who is either literally the best DK in the world or getting carried so hard they are breaking backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionexe View Post
    Because FUCK YOU FROST DK???
    because overall fuck you DK. only spec of DK that worths more than a shit at the current content is blood, and now they are nerfing it as well, and knowing blizzard they will just not balance it, they will smash it to bits with nerf hammer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    lol theres TEN (10)

compare that to 2400+

DH = 31
    Druid = 140
    Hunter = 54
    Pally = 136
    Warrior = 84
    Rogue = 144
    Mage = 130
    Priest = 154
    Shaman = 144
    Monk = 55

The numbers dont lie. DK is 100% complete shit class. Anyone that is 2400 is an anomaly who is either literally the best DK in the world or getting carried so hard they are breaking backs.
    And how many of those DKs are Frost spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    lol theres TEN (10)

compare that to 2400+

DH = 31
    Druid = 140
    Hunter = 54
    Pally = 136
    Warrior = 84
    Rogue = 144
    Mage = 130
    Priest = 154
    Shaman = 144
    Monk = 55

Now if you kept on reading, I know it was a very long post by me, you could see how I stated that several only was 1.2% of the players above 2.4k.