Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Human with pointy ears and glowing eyes is about as bland of an allied race as they could possibly make. I would take junker gnomes over half-elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Probably not, no. People who don't want High Elves are militantly against anything related to the idea, and the people wanting High Elves will not settle for not-High Elves.
    I have consistently and strongly wanted High Elves. I think this would be a good compromise.

Well, kind of. It's acceptable only now because actual HE are off the table. But their arguments against HE work even stronger here. If there are every few HEs, then there must be even fewer Half-Elves. But that didn't stop Void Elves so who knows...
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I will accept them only if they have the ridiculous donkey teeth like Vereesa's kids from that wretched 3 sisters comic.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Only if they bring Arthas back to kill more elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    How about we come up with something more original, than another goddamn elf race?...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

My idea for half elves would for it to literally be half an elf, like, top half, or bottom half only or maybe even just vertically half an elf with nothing else but air for the other side. It would be glorious.

Just imagine: A pair of legs only running around. Amazing idea IMHO.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    How about we come up with something more original, than another goddamn elf race?...
    Like a Draenei with tattoos or dwarf with tattoos?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Like a Draenei with tattoos or dwarf with tattoos?
    I don't recall saying those were original...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

As always, I'm neutral on the subject of high elves, just throwing that out there. Regarding half-elves, they absolutely have no place as an allied race ever. Half-breeds are super rare in the Warcraft universe, the only half-breed allied race I could ever see being added is mok'nathal.

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    I don't recall saying those were original...
    Fair enough, just the bar's been set real low so far. Kul'tirans and Zandalari may be the only good allied races we end up getting. The rest are re-skins with the occasional cross-faction model swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    No more fucking elves.

Jesus christ get over it.
    YOU don't want more elves, but some of us do. If YOU don't want to play as an elf then YOU won't have to. I hate goblins but thankfully I don't have to play as one. This problem has already been solved.

And sure, adding the High or Half Elves denies a different allied race being added, but that's only an issue for those that don't want either allied race. I think it would satisfy many people.

I wouldn't mind Half-Elves but not just a human model with blue eyes and pointy ears. I'd want a different body type (Kultirans got one so theres a precedent). Human males look like steroid junkies with old man faces and ham hocks for hands. Half elves should be leaner and have unique idle pose (Again there's precedent with Nightborne). They would also need different faces (Again precedent set by Kultirans) that look young and less cave-man like. Basically Half-Elves need to have as much effort put into them as Kultirans if they are to look good and also not just be clones of humans or blood elves.

It's probably the closest Alliance would ever get to High Elves and its not a bad compromise, especially if paired Mok'nathal as an Ogre compromise using models similar to Rexxar's new one.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2018-10-12 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You realize this thread is about Half-Elves, not High Elves.
    Pro-high elf supporters will always find a way to bring up their agenda. It's subtly toxic if you think about it
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Human with pointy ears and glowing eyes is about as bland of an allied race as they could possibly make. I would take junker gnomes over half-elves.
    To be fair, the idea of Junker Gnomes is quite interesting, i mean... Cyborg gnomes look kinda cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You have 4 Elf races to choose from already champ.

You don't need a fucking Blood Elf with blue eyes.

Get a fucking grip.
    No I don't need one. But I want one...?

At this point I'd wish that Blizz just said straight out that High Elves are not happening in any way, just to shut it all up.

Wished the same thing for Classic but then BlizzCon happened so I guess one day they might do something, in which case I'd prefer a simple addition of eye color for Blood Elves since the differences they can make to High Elves is not that major so just let people have blue eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    No. My opinion as a pro-high elf, the ones that are currently named blood elves.
    I'll reiterate what I've said in the past, the best possible scenario for high elves (Silver Covenant and Vereesa) is for them to be casualties of war and propel drama and narrative for the remaining characters and factions.
    Hell they don't even need to go that far, just have some event that causes the remaining highelf population to transform into voidelves in game. Make a lore event out of it and say that 99.9% of remaining highelves went that rout. That or like someone else said just give them one pale skined variant for people to pick.

mixed races are kinda lame i think. The only one id be sorta interested in would be the Mok'nathal cause Rexxar is cool, but they would in no way make up or replace ogres as a race. Id honestly just resent the stupid yellow orcs if they was slot blocking the ogres as an allied race. Same feelings about the elfs.

compromise.... to what?? that useless high elve shit, that just exists cause of internet sheep stupidity?

what is this with you ppl and with that elve nonsense? we have blood elves, night elves, void elves and nightborne. why the hell you ppl think we need a fifth (!) elven race ??

dont get that...