Thread: [Movie] Aladdin

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma84 View Post
    maybe something in between like persian ?
    haha maybe

My only point was its pretty funny having a LAYDEE sing about not being silenced when that top shes seeing showing off a bit of cleavage would be enough to get her beaten for being disrespectful/slutty, and if she touched another dudes dick she would get stoned to death.

So...you wont keep me silent....?
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma84 View Post
    maybe something in between like persian ?
    Given that One Thousand and One Nights is an arabic collection of tales of Persian and Indian origin yeah
    "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang on Essays on Mind and Matter

Saw it tonight. Decent movie but alot of changes from the original story. Also fuck that PC female empowerment shit with Jasmine.

Atleast they kept the fantasy theme alive with an unveiled scarcely dressed arab chick showing cleavage and talking smack to men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Middle East/India are champions for womans rights so of course it makes sense to put that stuff in a kids movie set in that part of the world.....

(I know india is not in the middle east but aladdin is a mix of both cultures.)
    To be fair, having jasmine gangraped and then stoned to death wouldnt really be appealing to children.

Honestly, they all look like latinos n not middle eastern

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You rate Beauty and the Beast as “very good”? Emma Watson was absolutely horrendous in it - she can’t act for shit. And Belle was way more forceful, like they had to make her an empowered female character cause I guess she’s wasn't in the cartoon or something. Bleh.
    I'd also like to add that - in my opinion at least - Emma can't really sing. I mean, I like her as an actress and as a person, but that doesn't give her a free pass. She was as out of place as Russel Crowe was in Les Miserables. Just a really bizarre casting choice. If you're going to do a musical movie, IMO, cast after voice and presence first and foremost. Celebrity status doesn't mean much if they can't hold their own singing in a musical.

I haven't liked any of the new liveaction Disney stuff, closest was B&B which was serviceable

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    That’s you and your preconceptions. As far as I’m aware none are latinx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Got to earn his turnips.
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Jasmine is half-Indian, half-white, but that's about it. I think the rest are all Middle Eastern (except Will smith of course).

A nice kids movie... but with too much politics shoveled in. "You won't keep me silent", yes of course, haha.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    When my dad (hes from India) goes to mexico on holiday he's often confused for being mexican.

Quote Originally Posted by yetgdhfgh View Post
    The Genie not being voiced by Robin Williams just sounds like sacrilege to me
    Unfortunately we've already established genies won't bring people back from the dead.