Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have a 7700k and a 980ti and i have constant 60fps at max settings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    But I also play no large group content and spend my life looking at the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    By that logic the holocaust was made up, common sense, there didn't exist 6 trillion jews in the 1940s.
    See how silly you sound.
    You're really grasping here, it's fucking pathetic

- - - Updated - - -

OP is primary talking about RAIDS, RAIDS is when FPS matters, not in Suramar.
    60 fps stable at all times is very achievable during 20 man groups content in current raid.
    And again, no it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    You're really grasping here, it's fucking pathetic

- - - Updated - - -

And again, no it's not.
    Still no proof, haha trust me you can't, source: my ass
    Burden of proof lies with you here

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Neither is mine, although I never tried it above 5GHz, shitty VRM and pretty bad cooling. At stock in some of the worse spots at 10/10 I get 48 fps or so and my 1070ti is running at 39% utilization. 45% or something with the new "optimizations".

This is why it's annoying to hear people make these claims.
    Right. As far as I'm concerned, the variables are there and quite straightforward. Changing resolution does nothing when the CPU single-core performance is your bottleneck. A little bit of tweaking, I find, can be a big boon, and makes me mostly satisfied, but it's unfortunate that high-end hardware can't keep the experience smooth at 144 Hz or greater. 90+ FPS would be my requirement for optimal immersion (along with good frame times).

To be honest, you really won't appreciate the delta from 5->5.3 much. I'd rather keep it stable and at a temp you're comfy with and preserve my peace of mind. I know I personally can become a little obsessed with the numbers sometimes, which detracts from enjoying the game itself, you know? I can never have real fun when I'm constantly thinking if I can't eke out a few extra frames here or there or paying incessant attention to the next would-be stutter, just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by DonGenaro View Post
    But I also play no large group content and spend my life looking at the ground?
    me? i mean thats still one of the top 5 processors and graphics cards on the market. i raid 3 nights a week.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Sounds like a lot of people here need to get new computers. 60 fps is very easy to maintain in raids, 100 is possible but very expensive.
    Care to tell us what magic CPU you are running to get 100FPS in raids all the time? Because i would love to get one
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

They are finally making fixes to 8.1 because the game has NEVER used multiple cores to offload processes, until now it has been a single core application which bottlenecks the entire game unlike every modern game that utilizes multiple/multi threaded cores and also properly communicates with the video card.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Care to tell us what magic CPU you are running to get 100FPS in raids all the time? Because i would love to get one
    The person was lying, the game just simply cannot maintain a stable frame rate in all situations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Post a video of your constant 60FPS in raids with all on ultra. Arh wait you can't, because NO ONE can raid with ultra settings and get 60FPS all the time.

As soon as some one pops BL you will go under 60FPS at ultra settings
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

not really possible. from a gpu perspective, of course, relatively easily with mid-high end graphics cards even @ 4k.

problem is its choked off by a monster of a cpu bottleneck, and has been for years. here we are 15 years later and theyre finally starting to try and address it to whatever degree they can, but at current - my 8700k under water @5 can keep almost 60 in boralus on 7 (if theres not a lot of people around ;p)

so yea. welcome to mmorpgs, but wow is a shining example due to age and lack of foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    You realize that 3 encounters in Nighthold took place in outdoor Suramar City areas? Spellblade, Botanist - both were disastrous on the framerates. Even at 1/10, I would dip to 20 on my former PC (FX 8350 and GTX 970, yes, yes, I know, it doesn't matter, it was above Recommended, it should play the game at 1080p/60). Krosus was better. Friends that still play the game tell me BfA raids are even worse. ToS was already just as bad as Nighthold.

So if you can't even hold 60 in exactly the spot where you fight Botanist, but WITHOUT 20 players, without fighting and without ads spawning, how will you keep 60 during the fight? Makes absolutely no sense.

Raids were always the worst, exception being Ashran 40vs40. Outdoors is a bit tamer (on the demanding areas).

WoW should perform like esports titles, i.e. it should run at 144 fps on decent modern hardware, and it should definitely utilize all your GPU power at 1080p/10/10 and above settings, at least as high as a GTX 1080ti or so.
    Sorry I didn't realize we are still playing Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by klepp0906 View Post
    not really possible. from a gpu perspective, of course, relatively easily with mid-high end graphics cards even @ 4k.

problem is its choked off by a monster of a cpu bottleneck, and has been for years. here we are 15 years later and theyre finally starting to try and address it to whatever degree they can, but at current - my 8700k under water @5 can keep almost 60 in boralus on 7 (if theres not a lot of people around ;p)

so yea. welcome to mmorpgs, but wow is a shining example due to age and lack of foresight.
    Is 5.3 good, then? I don't see a lot of people running more than 5 on their 8700Ks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamhacked View Post
    Is 5.3 good, then? I don't see a lot of people running more than 5 on their 8700Ks.
    Thats because not many can get it to run more then 5Ghz. It's all about the silicon lottery after 5Ghz (And to some degree 5Ghz).

Allmost all of the i7 8700k will hit 5Ghz (With the prober cooling and sometimes motherboard). But not many will hit much more then that.

My i7 7700k will not do 5Ghz and it's delided. It will do 4.9Ghz. But no matter what i do, it will just not be stable at 5Ghz
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2018-10-18 at 10:00 PM.

That's crazy. I guess I'll cherish my CPU then... and it runs just fine on air @1.35V. I guess you could say I deserve a bit of luck after 4 years with a 5960X that would not for the life of itself go past 4.0 on water... The regrets I had with that thing...

I can almost peg 60 fps everywhere, 8700k 5ghz 3000mhz cas 15 ram and a gtx 1060 6gb. Goes down to 50 fps when boralus is really busy, but that is the worst it gets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I can almost peg 60 fps everywhere, 8700k 5ghz 3000mhz cas 15 ram and a gtx 1060 6gb. Goes down to 50 fps when boralus is really busy, but that is the worst it gets.
    And that shows what we have been saying all along. NO system can hold 60FPS all the time in raids.

So to all the people saying they have no problems getting 60FPS at all times in raids. Make a video of it, so we can all see this magic system of yours or STOP bs'ing

And that shows what we have been saying all along. NO system can hold 60FPS all the time in raids.

So to all the people saying they have no problems getting 60FPS at all times in raids. Make a video of it, so we can all see this magic system of yours or STOP bs'ing
    Maybe those chips they OC to 8 GHz at competitions? ^_^

8700k @ 5ghz, 4000c17 dual channel DDR4. Still drops below 60 in Boralus despite FPS optimised settings.

Still no proof, haha trust me you can't, source: my ass
    Burden of proof lies with you here
    Only one who is lying is you, yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Only one who is lying is you, yikes.
    Great argument, a yikes, so not only are you stupid, but also underage.