Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

David Brevik : Activision taking over Blizzard

David Brevik is an American video game designer, producer and programmer who served as the co-founder and president of Blizzard

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifferentBen...rcupineGivePLZ

So how come a Blizzard employee just took over Morhaime's job?

Bunch of nobodies who are randomly assuming stuff.

Or are people really expecting rich CEO level Blizzard employee's to work there until they are 100+ years old and they die?

If that's what's happening then it seems to be for the better. Legion and BfA are both great expansions on par with WotLK. I just want to see more of that direction in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    So how come a Blizzard employee just took over Morhaime's job?

Bunch of nobodies who are randomly assuming stuff.
    Pretty much.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok someone who doesn't work there said something, are we supposed to run screaming now. He knows about as much as I do at this point when it comes to the internal workings of Blizzard.

I don't think Chris Metzen left because of Activision

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    This dude was from the long defunct Blizzard North/Condor, not genuine Blizzard. Most of their ex-staff talk shit non-stop while developing utter garbage, it isn't new. Whole lot of grudge held from Condor because they weren't talented enough to make a 3D Diablo and got shitcanned long before Activision came into the picture.

I dunno about Pardo, probably wanted a smaller atmosphere but Morhaime and Metzen left because they're rich as fuck and want to relax. If you had gobs of money would you want to work around the clock on multiplayer games for irate teenagers?
    Last edited by BlueRemedy; 2018-10-07 at 01:41 AM.

he took over President of blizzard but not CEO, blizzard no longer having a CEO brings up questions

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If that's what's happening then it seems to be for the better. Legion and BfA are both great expansions on par with WotLK. I just want to see more of that direction in the game.
    bfa is hot garbage, and there's not even good story to make it tolerable.

and yeah, you can see the influence of activision everywhere. the timegating, the blatant care for only MAU's, the QA of bfa being atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    bfa is hot garbage, and there's not even good story to make it tolerable.

and yeah, you can see the influence of activision everywhere. the timegating, the blatant care for only MAU's, the QA of bfa being atrocious.
    I love BfA and I don't care what you think about it, sorry!

I know David worked on Diablo 1 and 2, but the guy hasn't been apart of Blizzard for over a decade. Does he have some insider information or is he just stating his opinion? My guess is on the latter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    David Brevik is an American video game designer, producer and programmer who served as the co-founder and president of Blizzard

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifferentBen...rcupineGivePLZ
    You forgot the end of that sentence Blizzard NORTH all they worked on was Diablo 1 and 3 and the last game they released as Blizzard North was D2 LOD in 2001 before going defuct in 05.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah ummm no. Seems like a opportunistic thing to say.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Who the hell is this guy lol?
    We see absolutely zero evidence of a "takeover"
    MM retires and/or steps down and is replaced by a fellow Blizzard dev. Twist that one around, I'm listening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Legion, yes. BFA? Hardly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

My reaction:

is this one of the guys that left blizzard north to make hellgate london which sucked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Ok someone who doesn't work there said something, are we supposed to run screaming now. He knows about as much as I do at this point when it comes to the internal workings of Blizzard.
    David Brevik is an American video game designer, producer and programmer who served as the co-founder and president of Blizzard North

I don't think its so much that Activision is eliminating Blizzard as it is that the great talent is leaving because they see decisions being made that are too similar to the kind that EA would make. Great talent knows that they are good and they don't want to be associated with mediocre cash grab philosophy.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2018-10-07 at 01:58 AM.

Alright, I take this to the next level. Quote me any time you please so.

WW2 happened because of Activision and Kotick's grand-grandparents.