Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I still vote Diablo Royale.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo: Reign of Terror: Its going to be a Diablo animated series. I predict no new Diablo game. I mark myself 80% sure

I also predict a lot of angry people who built their own hype only to blame Blizzard for it.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    Would not surprise me if all they announced were a hero pack.

And all of you who is hyping themselves up for something grand gets utterly disappointed.
    While that could happen, the fact that Diablo has demo stations right outside the main stage on the map... and next to a conspicuously empty space that seems large enough for a demo area indicates we may see something more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    The thing is, the entire Diablo fanbase likes Diablo as a dungeon crawler, because that's all it has ever been. You'd be giving them something entirely different than what they actually want.
    Yes but with Blizzard trends at the moment tending to alienate their player base, this would be fitting.

Personally I predict some sort of hero-pack and cross platform multiplayer.
    Last edited by Chemii; 2018-10-16 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Diablo: Reign of Terror: Its going to be a Diablo animated series. I predict no new Diablo game. I mark myself 80% sure

I also predict a lot of angry people who built their own hype only to blame Blizzard for it.
    Agree on the serie part, but i think something gaming related will be announced, be it a remaster, a mobile game or a new Diablo. Also, agree on keeping hype at minimum levels.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    While that could happen, the fact that Diablo has demo stations right outside the main stage on the map... and next to a conspicuously empty space that seems large enough for a demo area indicates we may see something more.
    If it happens something awesome is going to be placed awesome but id rather not hype myself up or get false hopes.

Get burned once shame on me get burned twice shame on me.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Diablo in the pic doesn't have a soulstone.

What if...Diablo MMORPG with two factions: demons and angels. Story takes place thousands of years BEFORE the classic Diablo 1, during the Sin War when demons and angels were locked in their etrenal war. And it's primarily a faction based pvp game featuring open world pvp and instanced pvp.

The PVE content is dungeons and raids where players fight demon or angel npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No. It would not.

I don't know why people persist in just asking for what would essentially be reskins of existing games. (Diablo MMO! Diablo RTS! Starcraft MMO! Next people will be asking for a WoW Team FPS. Stahp it.)
    HA. Then they proceed to complain about everything being more of the same.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    If it happens something awesome is going to be placed awesome but id rather not hype myself up or get false hopes.

Get burned once shame on me get burned twice shame on me.
    That's a pretty reasonable frame of mind to have, so I can't argue against that.

Im leaning towards Diablo 4 simply because of the hat. And that hat does not represent Diablo 3 imo.

One thing the D "icon" reminds me of on the hat...but that's mostly just my designer brain talking. Could be anything, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Except they already stated in their dev video it was multiple projects. You'd be absolutely insane if you think they would give an animated series attention right after the opening ceremony

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    I think it is both an expansion/new class for D3 and a Diablo MMO. The expansion ties into the start of the MMO (and gives fans some content prior to MMO). I think expansion next year and MMO 2-3 years from now.

It makes sense:

-Release D3 for switch and add an expansion later for more $
    -Finally cave into WoW Classic wishes (these players prefer classic over anything so wouldn't move to Diablo MMO). They can also basically do a reset and then release xpacks over time... think of the xpacks as seasons (without the lull and content droughts)
    -Release one more major expansion to WoW (or more if they see both can be sustained)
    -Tie in D3 expansion to new MMO
    -Diablo MMO is 3 years out if it follows WoW (announced 2001, released 2004) so there is enough time for all of this to happen
    They don't wanna do another Diablo 3 reveal so that ain't happening

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post

One thing the D "icon" reminds me of on the hat...but that's mostly just my designer brain talking. Could be anything, really.
    I got the exact same impression, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus88Romulus View Post
    Oh. I think I remember this some bit. You are playing as Death? I will look it up.
    The first game you play as War
    The Second game you play as Death
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Might be the name of the Netflix series but why a d3 demo area at blizzcon and a panel right after opening ceremony? There will be a NEW announcement. And im not for an MMO.

Diablo was always about this: Dungeon, more Dungeons, loot, more loot. Repeat.

I dont think they will change that. Its either d4 or a mobile/Crossplattform dungeoncrawler like Hearthstone.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    It uses D3 style logo..
    But the male Diablo from D1/D2/HotS...

RTS ✔
    MMO ✔
    ARPG ✔
    Shooter ✔
    Card Game ✔
    MOBA ✔

What's missing? Blizzard has been stretching their nasty little arms over most games types. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to add yet another, or maybe they're only looing to enhance the ARPG type into first person or 3rd person style instead of the classical diablo view.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Im leaning towards Diablo 4 simply because of the hat. And that hat does not represent Diablo 3 imo.
    35$ for a fucking hat. Something tells me the game is cheaper than the bloody hat. WOWWW perhaps there isn't a game after all. Why do they need a new game when they can sell hats for 35$? LOL

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    RTS ✔
    MMO ✔
    ARPG ✔
    Shooter ✔
    Card Game ✔
    MOBA ✔

What's missing? Blizzard has been stretching their nasty little arms over most games types. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to add yet another, or maybe they're only looing to enhance the ARPG type into first person or 3rd person style instead of the classical diablo view.
    Fighting, puzzle, dating, or pure RPG games?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Fighting, puzzle, dating, or pure RPG games?
    I would date Diablo, they even gave her boobs in d3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Except they already stated in their dev video it was multiple projects. You'd be absolutely insane if you think they would give an animated series attention right after the opening ceremony
    I stand by my crazy... But I most certifinally stand by my second statement whatever the new announcement is :P

I think it's safe for everyone to really lower their expectations.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance