Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    voice of many

i can't even.
    Did you stop and think that "many" might mean many people but not you?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of Asmongold generally, but some people over here attacking him for his looks and the way he talks, while ignoring perfectly valid concerns he makes about the state of the game (sure, not everything is correct, but most things are) just sums up the reason why WoW is in the state it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You presented no real arguments.

no real arguments? nice joke

read his comment you responded to.. if those arent real arguments then you're dumb

Azerite armor is objectively worse than Artifact weapons(and i personally didnt like weapons either)

Class design took a hit for the same reason, they added pretty much nothing to majority of classes, and kept removing abilities)

M+ is the same, but you cant switch gear anymore.. so its worse

15+ Year Old Account
    Where are subs ATM?
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    His new video was 30 minutes of incoherent rambling, making the same three points over and over again:
    1. Skinner-box type of game.
    2. WF/ TF artificially increase the game's longevity since they render the concept of BiS meaningless.
    3. Too much RNG controlling every system.

Very original and mindbreaking statements that haven't been made every day, of every month, of every year since the game's inception.

If Asmongold has become the "definitive" voice of the players unhappy with the state of the game, you guys will never (and should never) be taken seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    The azerite pieces can't titanforge. I have a honest question: are the traits set (meaning if you get a specific azerite piece from a specific boss, you know the traits you'll get) or not?

And of course Asmongold won't quit WoW. It's his very profitable source of income and he's pretty successful at it. A lot of burned out LoL streamers experienced the same thing, like Dyrus: they kept streaming the game they hated because their other streams weren't as successful.
    i'm not convinced with idea that u get 'burned' from wow content for obvious reason : Legion, i play since bgs were introduced to game (not sure was year 1 or year 2 of game), played more with tbc and wrath, dropped in cata due to rl being f8cked with the failed egyptian revolution, then back in MoP, HATED the idea i have to raid my capital but still played until i killed Garrosh on hardest difficulty then stopped until way when fly was back in WoD
    Then came Legion and - like many others - the 'burn' from content feeling that many had just vanished, legion had loads of players and u can sense that easily in any server, if we get 'burned' from content, why did that burn skip an entire expansion?
    Legion had diarrhea of content, not all was good, but no one can deny blizz did a LOT of effort in legion for everything, so when ppl start to get bored and leave game, doubt it is because they are burned out, because when actual content is in-game, they play again
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

He repeats at nausium the same stuff we've been hearing from other influencers in short form. Even Preach just commented this after less than 2 minutes into his video. It maybe a nice and overblown summary, but none of it is profound or new. Just the same old stuff since BFA launch, that has been discussed to death and for some topics even years ahead. It's like stating the world is round and everyone applauds for no reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i'm not convinced with idea that u get 'burned' from wow content for obvious reason : Legion, i play since bgs were introduced to game (not sure was year 1 or year 2 of game), played more with tbc and wrath, dropped in cata due to rl being f8cked with the failed egyptian revolution, then back in MoP, HATED the idea i have to raid my capital but still played until i killed Garrosh on hardest difficulty then stopped until way when fly was back in WoD
    Then came Legion and - like many others - the 'burn' from content feeling that many had just vanished, legion had loads of players and u can sense that easily in any server, if we get 'burned' from content, why did that burn skip an entire expansion?
    Legion had diarrhea of content, not all was good, but no one can deny blizz did a LOT of effort in legion for everything, so when ppl start to get bored and leave game, doubt it is because they are burned out, because when actual content is in-game, they play again
    The sudden mass burnout with WoW began in BfA for no apparent reason but burnout. Legit!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    he actually presented many arguments
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    no real arguments? nice joke

read his comment you responded to.. if those arent real arguments then you're dumb

Azerite armor is objectively worse than Artifact weapons(and i personally didnt like weapons either)

Class design took a hit for the same reason, they added pretty much nothing to majority of classes, and kept removing abilities)

M+ is the same, but you cant switch gear anymore.. so its worse
    Except he didn't. Azerite armor is extremely boring yes. I've said that many many times.

Second point is purely subjective. Third one is a matter of perspective. Not being able to switch gear doesn't by default make it in any way "worse."

Instead of actual arguments he was giving me ad hominem nonsense. Sure lets talk about what feels better for who instead of anything actually objective. That's worthwhile and constructive. /s
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Asmongold has a lot of logical good arguments:

Lack of vendors devalues deterministic progress.

No point in working towards something as everything is made futile.

Progression is heavily time gated and made pointless for current player when a returning player is on the same footing 9 months from now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    For the top end raiders the burnout was real in Legion because up until Argus it was a constant grind fest: the good legendaries, the 35 points to get the +5% bonus., the 54 points, the 75 points, even grinding to buy relinquished items for a chance of a 880 and a 910 arcanocrystal afterwards (Rogerbrown bought like 500 relinquished trinkets). Burning out wasn't because of lack of content, but having to do the same thing again and again and again for countless hours.
    As a filthy casual I appreciate the fact that the only grind on BfA (the necklace) is almost pointless. The RNG slot machine was way more atrocious on Legion and I spent way too much time farming, grinding and praying for RNGesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Progression is heavily time gated and made pointless for current player when a returning player is on the same footing 9 months from now.
    Well, how do you do then? If you didn't play since the beginning of the expansion you're fucked? How can you expect people who took a break for various reasons to come back if there are no catch up mechanisms?
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2018-10-15 at 10:44 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Sorry, I got about two minutes into this video. Between claiming that anyone who doesn't dislike the game is uninformed and claiming that getting a warforged item is "probably not" fun to receive, I just didn't see any credibility to his rant. Maybe if I had heard of him before or presented his arguments in a less conspiratorial, less one-sided manner, I'd actually be willing to listen to more.
    Main reason I dont like the guy
    so many of his videos were basically him sitting there making comments on other people's work.
    T&E, Bellular, Hazel they all take time and do some really good videos.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Skinner box is the new buzzword I take it.
    Anytime some of you kids hear a phrase you haven't heard before, even ones that have been around since the fucking 80s and 90s in video games, you really try hard to rebel against it like it's some stupid ass meme.

I really don't like Asmongold. I've seen a few of his videos where he's totally shit on people or called them names at the top of his lungs. Having said that, I do need to admit that he's right. A lot of the stuff he's saying in his more recent videos rings true. Also to the people in this thread complaining about him... Go away. If you don't have anything to add, why did you come here? Just to be an ass? Obviously, whether you like him and his kind or not, he does have the attention of A LOT of people who play WoW and the things he says and does do influence/otherwise affect people who sub to the game. It does matter that he voices his constructive opinions which he has been doing better lately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Main reason I dont like the guy
    so many of his videos were basically him sitting there making comments on other people's work.
    T&E, Bellular, Hazel they all take time and do some really good videos.
    He does tend to steal other people's content, devalue it, and pass it off as his own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Asmongold has a lot of logical good arguments:

Lack of vendors devalues deterministic progress.

No point in working towards something as everything is made futile.

BFA has a lot wrong with it, but he's mostly just echoing arguments he doesn't really understand he heard elsewhere.

I think a lot of youtubers are getting pissed off with him. Preach sent a pretty sharp barb in his direction recently but he just nervously laughed and carried on.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree fully with him. Some huge changes are needed to the current game to make it interesting enough to keep playing. Let's hope there's a "realm reborn" coming.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

People who care what streamers say, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    People who care what streamers say, LOL
    Yes, because streamers have a bigger voice to be heard than the average player, Maybe if they get their word out change can happen. If you don't care, don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    He repeats at nausium the same stuff we've been hearing from other influencers in short form. Even Preach just commented this after less than 2 minutes into his video. It maybe a nice and overblown summary, but none of it is profound or new. Just the same old stuff since BFA launch, that has been discussed to death and for some topics even years ahead. It's like stating the world is round and everyone applauds for no reason.
    I've been doing a lot of studying into personalities, how people believe things and it's crazy the amount of people that do not process their own opinions. They feed off of others, especially the sources they obtain information from. No amount of proof given from outside said source is valid or true until it's from whom they trust. Much like how many people won't believe anything you tell them until it appears on television or a newspaper. Asmongold can be that source for some people and until they hear it from his mouth they won't listen the words of another streamer.

Which will recede faster: Asmongold's hairline or WoW's subscriptions?