Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    not really, because back in the days when you did heroics(equivalents of current low mythic dungeons) you would get valor points or badgers of some sort.. and you eventually will have enough to buy something

but at the same time i think that loot not dropping is fine, as long as you can have another system that is letting you work towards something slowly, like valor point system for example

what isnt fine is having rng shoved on top of rng like the current system
    During ToC era in Wrath it took almost 2 months to get enough Emblems of Triumph (whatever they were called) to get a 245 piece if you didn't raid, and there was no option to go farm a 5-man for relevant gear.

I think a lot of people are dramatically overestimating how much gear you could get from valor-type systems.

i may not agree with the op, but all the "back in my day..." posts in this thread contribute nothing. It simply does not matter how things were 10 years ago

Welcome to World of Warcraft, where rng has been a thing since 2004.

Really, it sucks, I know, it happens to me too. I am still running around in a fucking 345 weapon (gief artifact back)

But hey, that's how rng works. Better pray.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    During ToC era in Wrath it took almost 2 months to get enough Emblems of Triumph (whatever they were called) to get a 245 piece if you didn't raid, and there was no option to go farm a 5-man for relevant gear.

I think a lot of people are dramatically overestimating how much gear you could get from valor-type systems.
    did you have the option to do that? yes. And it took a long time? even better, no free epics for people that dont do content that should give good gear aka raids

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    And now your BLP builds up to where you will get a drop. Ever noticed how you are much more likely to get a nice TF after a longer than usual dry period?
    but its rng.. it doesnt make it better

i dislike TF, the fact that it drops more frequently makes it worse

getting worse/better gear for doing the same shit as everyone else is retarded

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I was gearing up my BDK any dungeon up to +5 I was inviting anyone who queued up because it really does not matter that much..
    So for you to take 40 minutes to get a group going for +0 or +2 is insane... what are you looking for ilvl370, AOTC, 800+raider io, keystone masters only?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You didn't see threads like this when people ran 40 man raids without getting loot for weeks at an end.
    Then you weren't reading forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

What's the point of this thread except to complain? OP acts like he's had 100% loot drops since BC until now, and suddenly he's discouraged.

GTFOH.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Man, isn't it just the worst when you (complete X content) and (Insert X piece of gear) doesn't drop!"

This is a new and interesting problem!

What's the point of whining about loot in this game in 2018?

Deleted
    Yes, i am complaining, still less toxic than half of the people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post

And whether they were useful in the first place. I remember people buying the haste trinket which was 264 I think, simply to cheat gearscore, even if it was worse than freaking 200 trinkets.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    Who thought this would be a healthy way? Seriously, why is this a thing. You create a party with your key, you take 40 minutes to fill it (since not overgeared many ppl left) then you +2 your key and you get no item. Why? *rant off* Happened 4 times in m0 and now in m+. It is just so frustrating. Your effort is not rewarded at all (yay, hydrocore, gimme...)
    Blizzard don't care.

Did you play the game? Yes. Will you play more so you do more attempts at getting your reward? Yes.

Blizzard only cares about participation meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's sad how many people accused the OP of having set their standards too high when they clearly stated others left the group because the group's standards weren't high enough for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    it's sad how many people accused the OP of having set their standards too high when they clearly stated others left the group because the group's standards weren't high enough for them.
    Thanks for actually reading the entry, much apreciated.

Search for a long-term group with the same goals as you. Try having same armor classes, like 3 leather, 2 plate, or 2 mail, 3 plate, so you can trade. Do 1-4 m+ evenings, push the highest you can (with flask/pots maybe) and you'll get upgrades. My 2nd alt is 361 now, so almost every item I got is <370, but I'm doing m+10. Boy it's fun to loot 370 baseline items. The upgrade potential will stagnate someday. My Main has nearly 382 equipped and getting an upgrade with 370 base it kinda rare, but I run m+ anyway for fun.

I get where you're coming from. If you have a bad luck streak and get nothing, it feels bad.
    Or even getting a 380 item in your chest that's on the one slot you have a 385 - and then getting 5 more of the same on the same slot in every content you do for 2 weeks in a row.

I suppose the point is for you to run more content. That bad luck gets depressing sometimes, I know. I know that feeling when you open the chest at the end and there's no loot for you. I try to not focus on loot and just go with the flow - for me it helps that I run with the same people more or less and there's some happiness if they get useful loot, too (since it's helping us as a group).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    Are you stupid?
    SOLID counterargument. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgrimm View Post
    SOLID counterargument. /s
    Just that this guy did not make any arguments and instead just insulted me. So, yeah, valid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Lol... like 40 minutes is long (maybe not be an elitist asshat and only taking overgeared people?)....

Christ millenials are in for a rude shock when they try classic and find out doing an instance was an entire afternoon/evening affair. Where you could literally spend 3-5 HOURS doing a run and end up with no loot
    Ye... Because people enjoyed the game back then.
    Now people enjoy the loot and not the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    My answer to this, is stop doing m+ for gear... I run my keys for fun, for trying to push timers. Gear is just an extra bonus. If your only goal is gear, your gonna burn out as this becomes a longer and longer grind for each slot you fill. If your goal is to have fun then you'll just look over one day and be like "when the hell did I hit ilvl 375?".
    but farming low keys is not fun...and for high keys op is missing the gear to even be considered for an invite...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by begemoc View Post
    When I was gearing up my BDK any dungeon up to +5 I was inviting anyone who queued up because it really does not matter that much..
    So for you to take 40 minutes to get a group going for +0 or +2 is insane... what are you looking for ilvl370, AOTC, 800+raider io, keystone masters only?
    if you're playing a tank you have no idea how long it takes to form a group without a tank

On the weekend i waited solid 47 minutes for a tank for tos +4. Then the leader said "i don't have time for this" and rip the group