Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Thumbs down Arizona boy, 11, kills grandma before killing self after being asked to clean room

Source

An 11-year-old boy in Arizona fatally shot his grandmother in the back of the head Saturday evening and then turned the gun on himself after she asked the boy to clean his room, police said.

Doyle Hebert, who along with his wife Yvonne Woodard, 65, had custody of their 11-year-old grandson. Herbert told authorities that his grandson fired a bullet into the back of his grandmother's head, FOX 10 reported. Herbert was sitting on the couch at the time, the report said.

Hebert told police that he first chased after his grandson, but heard another gunshot when he went back to tend to his wife, The Arizona Republic reported. The boy had turned the gun on himself.

The weapon reportedly belonged to the grandfather.

Authorities are investigating the incident that occurred at a home in Litchfield Park, AZ., which is about 21 miles east of the state’s capital. Police said they have found nothing that would indicate the boy wanted to commit acts of violence prior to the shooting, the station reported.
    That poor grandfather.

How did the boy get the gun

Did he still have to clean his room?

Cleaning is hard work.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Never understood why America allows individuals such easy access to guns but eh....

Can't say I ever wanted to kill myself or a family member when I was told to clean my room as a kid.

What a tragedy.

RIP

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Why the hell does an 11 year old have access to a gun, let alone understands how to load and shoot it?

Stupid kid is stupid, at that age you know that's a bad idé so dont give me that age thing, not once have i ever though of killing myself to get of cleaning so obviously he was not right in the head. No Gun and he would have stabbed them to death. You can see it was very imortant to get of cleaning duty.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly an alt right incel in the making

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Never understood why America allows individuals such easy access to guns but eh....
    Because they like guns. That's it. It's not much more complicated than this.

You mean to tell me having a gun in the home increases the possibility of a killing?

In other words, you get wet when you go in the water? Incredible epiphany I'm having today.

What a tragedy. I don't think you could really punish the grandfather more than he's already being punished right now. But the whole situation happened from negligence. He's a terrible gun owner. I do wonder what else happened in the house, and to the boy, to warrant him turning a gun on his grandmother for asking him to clean his room and then commit suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That poor grandfather.
    LOL, why? It was his weapon. He wanted this. He'll have a long and lonely life ahead of him to think about his error.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Land of the free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There are more civilian owned guns than there are actual civilians in the US, so pretty much anyone, anywhere can get their hands on a gun with little or no trouble. 11 year olds included.
    Last edited by mmocadd85def5d; 2018-11-05 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Did he still have to clean his room?
    Fucking hell, LOL. That's terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Why the hell does an 11 year old have access to a gun, let alone understands how to load and shoot it?
    I've owned a shotgun since I was 10 and was taught proper gun control, rules, and hunter safety at the time.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I would love to know this as well.

What even... So many whats.

That sounds a bit fishy, Doyle!

Inb4 it was actually the grandfather that killed them both.

What a pathetic little cunt. Bet he was in the middle of playing a game, like Fortnite, when asked to clean his room.