Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No? The same as every other expansion, a big spike at launch. a big drop shortly after and then roughly stable or slowly dropping until the next expansion. So if its 1.7mil now I would guess 1.5 mil in 6 months.
    nah, something like that happened only in WoD and after that they stopped sharing sub numbers with us

it climbing in TBC, it was stable in Wrath and climbed towards the end, it was steadily going down in cata, but it wasnt a big drop, then it grew a bit in the beginning of MoP and then was going down steadily, then it grew back in WoD and then dropped hard like half a year or a year later and they stopped sharing sub numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Literally impossible, because BFA's launch sales were 3.4 mil just on one day, so for the subscriptions at launch to be 3.2mil 200k people who bought the game would have to be sub-less and that's without preorders and so on.
    Yeah that's 100% excluding China which is its completely own Thing (and the chinese have historically made up 50-60% of the Subs). I mean I'm sure that many many People have already quit, but it's not that extreme. I mean according to the WeakAuras Twitter account they've also said that because of that half of the subs are using weakauras... which is simply impossible. So yeah I guess those are just NA subs
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-10-15 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Are you sure?
    He is mod of the official Reddit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I agree, things have been steadily declining, I just think people who think this leak is real and the game has lost THAT many subs in such a short amount of time are being a bit ridiculous. 3-5 active over the majority of the expansion, with twice or more than that at launch honestly sounds pretty accurate. Not including China, of course.
    There's usually a sizable dip about a month in as the "I only resub for the new expansion" people max out, finish the Kul'tiras/Zandalar climax, and then unsub. Which could be what those numbers were showing. But for sure that is either NA-only or NA/EU-only if they're even legit.

Big thing is despite the fact that Blizz has vehemently denied these numbers, despite the fact the OP quickly deleted their post once WeakAuras parroted it, despite Tech Birb basically coming out and dropping facts on the people saying "they shut down the forums as part of a coverup" people are still going to be like "this is proof that BFA is bad and we should abandon new development and just release Classic, BC Classic, Wrath Classic servers."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    No but I am excited to read it now LMAO.
    What blue post ?

Wow is dying, they need another cash cow, my guess is that they will jump on BR wagon (with overwatch or a brand new game) like EA and Activision with an announcement at blizzcon...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Random aside: the “3.4 mill bought which is a day one sales record” sounds more misleading than anything else here. Cata and WoD both peaked at over 10 million subscribers. There has to be some sort of creative accounting going on here where someone at Blizz sat down and thought really hard about how to design a stat that would make sales look good.

I absolutely believe that it’s not a false statement, but at the same time I’m sure it’s misleading because of some tricks with how they calculated it.
    It includes pre-sales which technically are not sales until the day the expansion launches.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedomys View Post
    What blue post ?
    You know that subway sell 1.7 millions subs in one year? That's almost half of what they use to make.

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Pretty sure Subway sells way more subs that that. Sounds like you might have gotten some inaccurate sub based data based on extrapolation that doesn't hold up
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=2#post-31

This one

This was made on a joke thread about the leaks and a blue replied

He is dennying all the information in a funny way

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You're reading way too into how you think people might react.

If they said they were trolling Blizzard, that would also make them take a hit in the credibility area. People would just see them as trolls. Trolls are already on troll sites. Wouldn't hurt Blizzard at all. It'd help Blizzard.
    I could say the exact same of you, especially since you keep returning to this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    They'd also be very quick to stop false reporting like this as it could well impact stock. If Blizz say it's millions more, it probably is. Lying about that publicly = hot water for the company.
    Blizzard has not said anything at all about subscriptions. They have talked of expansion sales which is not the same thing. Since the supposed API numbers did not include China there is no issue of lying to investors here. I'm not sure there would be anyway given the tenuous veracity of this "leak".
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-10-15 at 09:59 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    All the people so desperate to believe whatever they're told (when it's clearly been proven false) just so they can stick it to the other side reminds me of another recent event.
    Literally NOTHING from the comment was confirmed false or true. It's speculation. That's what we're discussing. People need to fuck off with these sweeping generalizations (on both sides).

Well this says nothing at all to be honest. Is it only EU, US or Asia? Is Token subscriptions included? Is it just a number someone wrote down somewhere that honestly got zero backing to it?

Ye, move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You know that subway sell 1.7 millions subs in one year? That's almost half of what they use to make.

Pretty sure Subway sells way more subs that that. Sounds like you might have gotten some inaccurate sub based data based on extrapolation that doesn't hold up

This one

I wonder how does this work? How does he know? Every and any CM can look up the sub numbers at will?

It would be defamation, since there a no proofs. My guess, is that it's just another proof that Blizzard is loosing control. That moment you have to threaten to sue someone cause they leaked sub number is the moment shit has hit the fan. I mean, Blizzard could just end the polemic and give number, but they don't. There is no smoke without fire, let's face it.
    But just like the numbers there is no proof that they threaten to sue anyone, just yet again WA creator saying something he has no proof of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

This one

I mean, they are not going to say "Yeah number are right", it's just going the same "Try to stop the dumpster fire" we are in since weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But just like the numbers there is no proof that they threaten to sue anyone, just yet again WA creator saying something he has no proof of.
    Honestly, chances are the post got just obliterated by mods. But then again, is it really better ? I mean, BFA is doing bad, I can totally see this numbers being true since it would explain the dumpster fire we are in and Ion making another bullshitty interview or Q&A each week.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Literally NOTHING from the comment was confirmed false or true. It's speculation. That's what we're discussing. People need to fuck off with these sweeping generalizations (on both sides).
    Did you miss the part where it claimed they had less subs than the game sold? Seems pretty fishy to me unless 200k people just bought the game to put on their shelf and not play.

If you think people are taking this as speculation and not The Infallible Word of God so they can feel like they're "right" then you clearly aren't reading the same thread I am.

Honestly, even if the numbers were true, Blizzard would flat out deny it if it would somehow make their game look bad. Bad press is always something they want to avoid in order to keep their share prices high. I have a feeling the numbers might represent the Americas region, but not the Europe / China regions.

I think BFA has a lot more problems than Legion had if you compare both products 1-2 months post-launch. We could possibly start seeing an exodus on the scale of Warlords of Draenor if they don't make vast improvements to their game philosophy.

Two common themes that most players agree on:
    1. Azerite system was implemented poorly. Does not provide the same level of class fantasy that Artifacts did.
    2. RNG rewards are the devil / give us gear vendors

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be defamation, since there a no proofs. My guess, is that it's just another proof that Blizzard is loosing control. That moment you have to threaten to sue someone cause they leaked sub number is the moment shit has hit the fan. I mean, Blizzard could just end the polemic and give number, but they don't. There is no smoke without fire, let's face it.
    Please provide a verifiable source that Blizzard has today threatened lawsuits to anyone over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Look mate. When I played this game from Vanilla until WOTLK I could entertain myself from the moment I logged (17.00 hrs) until I went to bed (0.00 hrs). I did this every day and on the weekend I played even more (13.00 - 03.00). Though around WOTLK I did not play as much during the weekend until 03.00, but if I wanted to I could fill this time with playing the game the way I wanted to play it.

Back then I was a single guy with my own house and proper job as an account manager at a bank. I also managed my guild. The point is that I could play my hearts desire. The contact for me was endless. And obviously yes I repeated a lot of the content on a daily basis. But there was always a gain somewhere. Be it money - be it gear - be it helping out other people (social aspect was higher and also more required due to the fact that the game was more unforgiving).

Look at it now?
    money? Pff sell a few tokens if you would need to. Big if.
    Helping out others? Yeah right. Not required. Nor wished either. I tried, get yelled at that it was not required.
    Gear? Do a few world quests here and there.... do some mythic+, done. Doing more... well not really needed.

In Legion I played about 10 hours a week and I still ran out of content. And this was including raids.

So when you say: We consume content too fast.... I really cannot grasp how slow you play - or that you simply do not know how it was before.
    Because sure... we consume it too fast vs how much (repeatable) content there is presented. Sure.... But if anything... they could make it slower by making it harder to consume. And I am not talking about time gating stuff..... this is a major turn off... I might aswell play my phone games...
    Legion and BFA has M+. Classic, TBC and WotLK did not. Your argument is invalid.

I preferred early WoW personally, and TBC is my fav expansion, but Legion and BFA has so much more content to do that it's not even fair to compare them both.

The gaming style/schedule you described, is the same one I've had in BFA since launch, and I easily have something to do every time I log on.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory