Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    How long until Trump says something along the lines of: "it ought to be criminal, you know, it's really just sad," and then sparking chants of "lock her up!" from his crazy followers?
    About 10 minutes after she officially announces.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    She claimed that she had Native American heritage. She has now released genetic evidence that that is the case. And thus, the case is closed.

Of more interest to me would be evidence or justification for the 3,000 page compendium of Trump's Blatant Lies while President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well, she got played.

1. Safe money was on them never paying up.
    2. Now they can easily make it look like she's doing this for herself.
    Despite Trump's history of attacking her on this topic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Why is it important if she is Native American? What's the point?
    This whole thing is just some strange version of "I had a black girlfriend once."
    She can't even name this person, can she? For all we know someone in her family could have raped or been raped by a Cherokee Indian at one point. Nothing is more annoying than people and their bull shit heritage that's only said to look cool, like heritage is some kind of dick measuring booster.
    They claim she got her position at Harvard due to being a "minority" when there's no evidence she did so.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, she got played.

1. Safe money was on them never paying up.
    Bullshit. The Pocahontas thing is the only 'dirt' Trump has on her. Now it's contested with data. Morons who used this as a rallying cry won't have their minds changed. For those who wanted transparency, this is it.

https://twitter.com/elizabethforma/s...21191470751745

How? She took the stupid fucking test after plenty of whining from conservatives, and now that the test backs up her claims of native american ancestry (even minimal, there was no "you must be X%" requirement until after the test and folks started moving goalposts) she's asked Trump to donate to the National Indigenous Women's resource Center.

What is she "doing" for herself?

10+ Year Old Account
    P.S. - Zenkai is once again proving here that he is a true 'woke' independent. Lmao

This whole thing is just some strange version of "I had a black girlfriend once."
    She can't even name this person, can she? For all we know someone in her family could have raped or been raped by a Cherokee Indian at one point. Nothing is more annoying than people and their bull shit heritage that's only said to look cool, like heritage is some kind of dick measuring booster.
    Because conservatives keep using it as an attack point against her. She took the test to stop the attacks, but that's not happening, clearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

How? She took the stupid fucking test after plenty of whining from conservatives, and now that the test backs up her claims of native american ancestry (even minimal, there was no "you must be X%" requirement until after the test and folks started moving goalposts) she's asked Trump to donate to the National Indigenous Women's resource Center.

Being a good person. That's what. And people fucking hate it.

It really wasn't all that important until a certain president picked it up and tried to mock her for making false claims. Afaik, she mostly just indicated being part NA at some point, but is not or claims to be part of any tribe. The 'measuring booster' was mostly used by Trump to build himself up in comparison to her, so I am not sure where your criticism is even coming from.

Anyway, what is up with all these smileys in thread titles lately? Did certain posters just find that option and have it as 'their thing' now?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Despite Trump's history of attacking her on this topic?

- - - Updated - - -

They claim she got her position at Harvard due to being a "minority" when there's no evidence she did so.
    Wow, that's just petty. I love politics for this reason. A politician claims Native American heritage, even though it's basically just a family story, and our President decides to call her out on it, so now we have the petty grudge match of the year, Fake Indian Warren vs Can't Shut His Mouth Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It'd be pretty hard to find evidence, realistically. Harvard certainly touted her as an example of their diversity and she obviously had to have provided them with that information, but it's not like there's going to be some administrator saying, "oh yeah, totally hired her because I thought she was a Native American". Ultimately, I don't find it plausible that she was telling people she was Native American, but that it didn't play any role in hiring, but it's impossible to actually quantify the value of that at this point.

Hmf...now that the test proved out...Trump refuses to believe it and wants to do it "personally."
    Now there's a real shit, moving goalposts every fucking day.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Harvard certainly touted her as an example of their diversity and she obviously had to have provided them with that information, but it's not like there's going to be some administrator saying, "oh yeah, totally hired her because I thought she was a Native American".
    They did this once that I can see, and it was after she was on-staff as a professor. So there's no evidence that this came into play until after she'd already been hired, and even then it looked like they were looking for any excuse to beef up their diversity. I linked the article from the 90's earlier, but Warren herself appeared to have no involvement in her mention in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Ultimately, I don't find it plausible that she was telling people she was Native American, but that it didn't play any role in hiring, but it's impossible to actually quantify the value of that at this point.
    Because she wasn't. And more recently, she's never claimed to be native american, only to have native american ancestry (which the DNA test bears out).

She previously said:
    “In the 1930s, when my parents got married, these were hard issues,’’ Warren said. “My father’s family so objected to my mother’s Native American heritage that my mother told me they had to elope.
    Now, it turns out that the upper bound on how Native American her mother would have been was about 3% with a mean expectancy of under 1%. This doesn't square up well. I guess she can say it's the story she was told, but it doesn't really pass the sniff test.

The reality is that the mean Native American percentage for white Americans is 0.18%. OK, I guess no one laid out a specific requirement for how Native American Warren would have to be for her claims to seem like they were basically honest, but it's a pretty bad look at the actual tested range overlaps with the median for all white Americans.

This whole fake culture war issue is so unfathomably stupid that I feel worse for having participated in it.

So wait a minute, is this DNA test completely worthless? She has between 1/64 to 1/1024 Mexican, Peruvian, or Colombian ancestry according to the DNA test, not Native American? Am I missing something? I mean I guess those groups would be Native Americans technically, but I thought we were all operating under the definition of Native American as a North American indigenous person.

I must be missing something.

They did this once that I can see, and it was after she was on-staff as a professor. So there's no evidence that this came into play until after she'd already been hired, and even then it looked like they were looking for any excuse to beef up their diversity. I linked the article from the 90's earlier, but Warren herself appeared to have no involvement in her mention in it.

Because she wasn't. And more recently, she's never claimed to be native american, only to have native american ancestry (which the DNA test bears out).
    It's actually pretty hard to untangle at this point. Per Politico:
    Elizabeth Warren has pushed back hard on questions about a Harvard Crimson piece in 1996 that described her as Native American, saying she had no idea the school where she taught law was billing her that way and saying it never came up during her hiring a year earlier, which others have backed up.

But a 1997 Fordham Law Review piece described her as Harvard Law School's "first woman of color," based, according to the notes at the bottom of the story, on a "telephone interview with Michael Chmura, News Director, Harvard Law (Aug. 6, 1996)."
    At this point, we've got Warren's vigorous denial that she ever used it for leverage, but multiple publications referring to her as a woman of color. Maybe all that happened is that she checked some box and Harvard ran with it because they're desperate to say, "we employ women of color!". Anyone claiming that they're confident that Warren never benefitted from this is doing so based on facts that can't possibly be in evidence though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    So wait a minute, is this DNA test completely worthless? She has between 1/64 to 1/1024 Mexican, Peruvian, or Colombian ancestry according to the DNA test, not Native American? Am I missing something? I mean I guess those groups would be Native Americans technically, but I thought we were all operating under the definition of Native American as a North American indigenous person.

I must be missing something.
    Yes, that would be what we'd normally refer to as "not Native American". I don't get how anyone finds the test exculpatory. I get that Warren's triumphalism about it is political; it's unseemly, but whatever, that's the current year. But the, "see, she really has Native ancestry" line seems like it's about on par with the old "checkmate, atheists!".

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    after a DNA test proves she is in fact 99.999% White, Richard Spencer offers his endorsement.

Good job!

Justifying Trump's stupidity. In what universe outside of the one where Trump is the center does her heritage actually matter?

Like a weird reality show...makes sense I guess.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Justifying Trump's stupidity. In what universe outside of the one where Trump is the center does her heritage actually matter?
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think she should have indulged these children. But attacks on her native american ancestry from conservatives were a routine part of any discussion about her, so I can see why she may want to at least try to get them to shut the fuck up. I just think she's placing too much faith in modern conservative media personalities and Republican officials to act in good faith and didn't anticipate on them simply not giving a fuck about facts and continuing to attack her anyway.