Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Guys help me ... Why cant People do Heroic G'huun...

Things i see.

Orb runners fail and not say anything as the impending wipe comes in.

orb runners that cant afford the 20 dollars to have a mic in 2018.

Folks spreading Oatmeal to each other during Golden God beam phase transitions.

Folks eating the ceiling collapse in last phase.

Had an awsome raid leader but he had to pull teeth just to get ppl to speak up /volunteer for orbs.

too many ppl Q'ing into H g'huun just to tunnel vision skada dps/hps and hoping to 1 shot it.

.....even had 1 guy today get mind controlled ...... (i used touch of death and Rising sun kick on him so he felt pain.)

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a matter of finding a group of players who don't play with a bucket on their head.

Walk away from this dumpster fire and find or create a new group.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

1. People that don't know the fight well.
    2. People that don't give a shit and shouldn't be raiding heroic.

Numbers 1s usually catch up after some time spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It's just a matter of finding a group of players who don't play with a bucket on their head.

Walk away from this dumpster fire and find or create a new group.
    who keeps selling these players their buckets....

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    who keeps selling these players their buckets....
    Blizzard.

/10 char

The boss is harder than at least two mythic bosses, which give better gear, not to mention M+s that give equivalent or better gear in the weekly box. People are going to be doing it once, maybe a few times, then stop. So you're seeing people with little experience mostly, trying to get their AotC.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    People are going to be doing it once, maybe a few times, then stop. So you're seeing people with little experience mostly, trying to get their AotC.
    Hits the nail on the head. Isn't like Archimonde where you came back for a Crystallized Fel every week, and the loot isn't higher ilvl. KJ and Argus OTOH, I did for a longer period of time

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Hits the nail on the head. Isn't like Archimonde where you came back for a Crystallized Fel every week, and the loot isn't higher ilvl. KJ and Argus OTOH, I did for a longer period of time
    even lfr KJ was a wipefest

ACTUALLY

i think the number 1 cancerous pug boss of all time could be

...wait for it.

Ultraxion.... you had to hit an extra action button... to not die.

Heroic Maiden pugs were interesting. Didn't do many of those. You'd see people drop after 6/9

Other than the coordination required, lot of it also comes down to, does this boss have a "pass/fail" mechanic that wipes the raid if someone messes up, or does it just kill the user that failed? Uldir opted more for the latter for this particular instance. Raiding is certainly a lot more chill that way
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-10-16 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Heroic Maiden pugs were interesting. Didn't do many of those. You'd see people drop after 6/9

Other than the coordination required, lot of it also comes down to, does this boss have a "pass/fail" mechanic that wipes the raid if someone messes up, or does it just kill the user that failed? Uldir opted more for the latter for this particular instance. Raiding is certainly a lot more chill that way
    you're right, i forgot about maiden... colors were hard... i'll have to make a list

and add garalon / the dino boss in throne of thunder cant remember his name atm... might be horridon

you're right, i forgot about maiden... colors were hard... i'll have to make a list
    As many as 9% of males have some form of color blindness.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    As many as 9% of males have some form of color blindness.
    WoW has multiple colour-blind modes available

- - - Updated - - -

The boss is harder than at least two mythic bosses, which give better gear, not to mention M+s that give equivalent or better gear in the weekly box. People are going to be doing it once, maybe a few times, then stop. So you're seeing people with little experience mostly, trying to get their AotC.
    100% true

We clear 7/8H at the start of the week then go straight to working on Mythic since the headache of G'huun isn't worth it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

You need to iterate on the group heavily for Ghuun. Find an orb running core and just kick people who don't or can't do it. Once you have that the fight gets easy. You cannot progress on that fight when people prioritize damage over mechanics. Damage only really matters in phase 3. Shit I go up for the last orb 10 seconds early so I can have roll back up to reach the last blood soak...

If you're talking about pugs, id bet on lack of communication, people don't like encounters where DPS is not the most important thing, With G'huun you need 3-6 competent or runners and backups should it fail, you need to watch your dark bargain stacks, along with making sure the adds are positioned well to enable cleave and big stuns.

It took 3 attempts for my guild to start getting the grips of certain tactics and by our, I think it was 6th attempt we had the tacts down and got a kill.

Pugging is by no means impossible, but on the odd occasion you will encounter what we call a Pure-Solo Player, they don't do Mics in any raids, No communication, do what they want to do without any consideration for the group, and they can often sabotage bosses that need orginization.

but thats my thought on it. Theres nothing really you can do other than try making use of the Community tool which im a massive fan of and creating a pugging community for those members you encounter who are good players.

People doing the boss should be knowledgeable about it. In my case I haven't felt the urge to do much raiding, I mean, I am 377 ilevel while 5/8 hc and 4/8 normal or something. I don't even know.

You probably won't find me doing any more than that because to me it's more troublesome than its worth. I can do a bunch of m10 runs while raiding groups wipe on ghuun for hours.

But then again, people raiding shouldn't be so clueless

Ppl still use Skada?

Things i see.

Orb runners fail and not say anything as the impending wipe comes in.

orb runners that cant afford the 20 dollars to have a mic in 2018.

Folks spreading Oatmeal to each other during Golden God beam phase transitions.

Folks eating the ceiling collapse in last phase.

Had an awsome raid leader but he had to pull teeth just to get ppl to speak up /volunteer for orbs.

too many ppl Q'ing into H g'huun just to tunnel vision skada dps/hps and hoping to 1 shot it.

.....even had 1 guy today get mind controlled ...... (i used touch of death and Rising sun kick on him so he felt pain.)

Just relax, your guild will need 1-2 more evenings and you will do it. But why put people for the running stuff if they do not have mics? I mean its not like you did not know before, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got in a random PuG a month or so ago and people left after three wipes.. saying we failed too much etc... we killed it in 12 pulls which isn't a lot for strangers in a pug. Only like five of those were actual mistakes.

You need to find good geared people, some solo runners perhaps and kill two of the adds with the beam to make it easier (we instakilled it when using the two add beam strategy) - and most important patience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brigada View Post
    Ppl still use Skada?
    i am still using Skada, Details is just overkill for what I want to see ingame, If I want more detailed things I watch Warcraftlogs.

7+ Year Old Account
    raidleader shoud have cut of the rotting limbs from your raid to help it survive