Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I have never in my life heard someone use "ape" to refer to being a "man" apart from this post. It is at best calling someone primitive, at worst being racist.
    Nyah, the phrase was to reference the size of her balls. Most folks go for elephant balls or brass balls, she went for ape-balls. Maybe it's racism, maybe it's not. I don't think it's conclusive.
    Same with her explanation for Planet of the Apes reference. She never said the woman looked like an ape, she never said the woman was like an ape, so folks inferred it. I don't think it's conclusive.

But yeah, as Orbitus says above, she has a long history of unhinged behavior and has posted many conspiracy theories. A tweet saying Jarret was in league with Iran to bring sharia law to the world and oppress everybody really seems more in her wheelhouse than a random racist post over the course of 20+ years in the public eye advancing all sorts of progressive stuff.

So she is unhinged, she should not have gotten a reboot simply because of her prior posting habits, but that's probably what they were looking for when they cranked up the show. Firing her for racism feels wrong, firing her because what she says reflects poorly on your company is fine, IMO. Maybe she's racist, maybe she's not. She doesn't need to be racist to be fired, the statement doesn't have to be racist to get her fired.

It really just seems like they rebooted the show because they got Roseanne, then were surprised they got Roseanne.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

might not be racist but she's still a nut job who believes in Qnon or whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I would defy all the usual leftists on here who have called Roseanne Barr a racist to watch the following video and continue to claim that the media witch-hunt that occurred was not clearly wrong

Political correctness has gone too far, social media mobs have gone too far, and it discredits the left to not clearly disavow the rabid SJWs that have infested what used to be the liberal secular side of the political divide

An interesting quote from the video by Roseanne: "A lot of us people who liked Bernie voted for Trump"

Compare her to:

They're both racist. Roseanne got what she deserved, there is no need to worry about her. She is still filthy rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhurley View Post
    Monday morning QB'n a police officer for what he/she did or didn't do isn't a question of their actions. It's internet trolls who feel they have enough experience in those types of situations that they can dictate what the officer should or shouldn't have done. Years of experience and training doesn't always prepare a person to have to go through these types of situations, very UN-likely anything from kneejerking cop haters can be added to the situation to have made it better. Take that how you will.
    Yes, we should question our government employees in how they conduct themselves, just as I do the same for my employees in my company. It's not about dictating, it's about oversight, and holding them accountable for their actions.

As for thinking I'm a cop hater, that's simply damn ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when have conservatives cared whether their fellow conservatives are racist or not?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Since when have conservatives cared whether their fellow conservatives are racist or not?
    I'm not a conservative and I don't care whether a conservative is racist are not.

So long as it doesn't affect other people, and translate to actual actions, I couldn't GAF what they think in their private life.

But Roseanne was the one that chose to make it public. Trying to shift the blame to Ambien sounded like she recognized that what she did was wrong, but refused to accept responsibility for her actions, irregardless of her state of mind, she was the one that put herself there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    This research is flawed. It doesn't account for the fact that many Bernie voters were so disillusioned, they didn't vote at all during the Trump-Clinton election. So the support for Trum as opposed to Hillary was probably a lot higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hillary got more votes in the election. Not sure how you can say support for him was higher.
    Among previous Bernie voters. I thought it was obvious.

It's a cautionary tale.

By her own admission, the mistake she made was using twitter. It's just too easy for mean-spirited people to twist and take things out of context. Her management warned her not to do it.

Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    It's a cautionary tale.

By her own admission, the mistake she made was using twitter. It's just too easy for mean-spirited people to twist and take things out of context. Her management warned her not to do it.

Lesson learned.
    Exactly how is thinking that is is racist to call black people apes "taken out of context"?

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Exactly how is thinking that is is racist to call black people apes "taken out of context"?
    Because if someone hadn’t told me VJ was black, I never would have guessed? I can totally believe her when she says she didn’t know. Look up images of Valerie Johnson, she looks more Native American if I had to pick an ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Because if someone hadn’t told me VJ was black, I never would have guessed? I can totally believe her when she says she didn’t know. Look up images of Valerie Johnson, she looks more Native American if I had to pick an ethnicity.
    Do you think it is OK to call native Americans apes? I am a little confused by your post. Comparing people of a different race than yourself to apes is not something you should do if you are a public person.

I don't quite get this "but is she really racist" thing. She was when she made that statement and she damaged the company she worked with so..who the hell cares if she was racist 3 weeks later in her bathtub.

Both things you posted are racist.

Fuck these pieces of shit who think its somehow okay to be racist just because theyre "punching up" but that doesnt somehow make Rosanne *not* racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Her name is Valerie Jarret, and no she doesn’t look Native American. Regardless, comparing brown people to apes is a long known racist trope. She knew what she was saying, she just didn’t think she’d get fired.
    But she thought she was white.

If you call a group of hectic kids silly little monkeys and one just happens to be 2% African ancestry it doesn't change the original context into racism.

She did not call black people apes. She referenced "planet of the apes" when speaking about one mixed race individual, easily assumed to be racism, but the context is what she is providing. In her statement, she meant the reference in regard to the situation in planet of the apes, not directed at how someone looks.

I mean, really, the racist thing is saying black people are apes/gorillas/monkeys because they are lower life forms or stupid or whatever, but the apes in planet of the apes are the advanced race in that setting, so it's sort of stupid to use it as an insult if you just meant to call someone an ape.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    She did not call black people apes. She referenced "planet of the apes" when speaking about one mixed race individual, easily assumed to be racism, but the context is what she is providing. In her statement, she meant the reference in regard to the situation in planet of the apes, not directed at how someone looks.

I mean, really, the racist thing is saying black people are apes/gorillas/monkeys because they are lower life forms or stupid or whatever, but the apes in planet of the apes are the advanced race in that setting, so it's sort of stupid to use it as an insult if you just meant to call someone an ape.
    "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj"

Of course yu are right, it is a compliment and no the least racist...

"Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj"

Of course yu are right, it is a compliment and no the least racist...
    What's racist there? It's certainly heavy on the conspiracy theory side of the internet (I was bored once and looked at the folks she tweeted to and they're all nut jobs too), but is it racist? Muslim is religion, and then you come to the ape thing that was where the debate was. Valerie Jarrett WAS born in Iran, so once you throw in some insane internet conspiracies, her own unhinged personality and some alcohol and chemicals, you end up with Muslim Brotherhood + Planet of the Apes.

As I've said before, I've no problem with her being fired for stupid tweets, I just don't see why folks need to add racism to the batch. If she'd tweeted out "Sandy Hook was faaakkkke!" she also should have been fired, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    What's racist there? It's certainly heavy on the conspiracy theory side of the internet (I was bored once and looked at the folks she tweeted to and they're all nut jobs too), but is it racist? Muslim is religion, and then you come to the ape thing that was where the debate was. Valerie Jarrett WAS born in Iran, so once you throw in some insane internet conspiracies, her own unhinged personality and some alcohol and chemicals, you end up with Muslim Brotherhood + Planet of the Apes.

As I've said before, I've no problem with her being fired for stupid tweets, I just don't see why folks need to add racism to the batch. If she'd tweeted out "Sandy Hook was faaakkkke!" she also should have been fired, for example.
    Yes, yes it was.

There really is no doubt what so ever and I don't think Rosanne has ever made the claims you are making so ...

Yes, yes it was.

There really is no doubt what so ever and I don't think Rosanne has ever made the claims you are making so ...
    Other than the video that is the first post in this thread? Where she makes the claim that she didn't compare based on looks or whatever, but was talking about the government/ society in Planet of the Apes? She says her post was about VJ and the Iran deal and how she worked with the Muslim Brotherhood and Obama and they all wanted to oppress Iranians like Planet of the Apes or whatever.

Other than that video, I'm not sure if she made the full claims, other than she thought VJ was white (and looks like her cousin) which she has yelled from any format that would let her.