Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everything about BFA is Good (very good actually) except class design. The classes are just so clunky and nothing has that WOW, moment like classes in past expansions. Redo the classes and I mean really redo them. No stat buffs, every class gets a new ability at 120 and make it a damn good one. Throw in some smooth rotations and call it day. At some point blizz is gonna have to eat crow.

It's not sunk cost for me, but rather goals I enjoy seeing through. I want Cutting Edge. Outside of the story content, raid, and dungeons, this expansion is pretty shit.

I could go on and on about changes they've made that have worsened the quality of the game.

What was 20 minutes of farming for raid pots in Legion can now be over two hours of being dazed by mobs that scale with my ilvl while herb nodes vanish as I'm clicking on them. Siren's pollen nodes don't give enough compared to every other type of herb, so I'm always stuck with 500+ riverbud and no pollen for my int pots. Herbalism and alchemy have never been such a chore, even in the Burning Crusade.

Speaking of mobs scaling with ilvl, it's complete BS how you never feel any stronger compared to the outdoor world as you gear up. My warlock is 381 item level and I still need to pull WQ areas slowly when my cooldowns aren't up because mobs chunk off my health the same as they did when I was 290 ilvl. Compare this situation to Suramar in Legion. It was challenging to solo at first with no gear. But by the time I was decked out in mythic Emerald Nightmare gear, I was pulling packs of elites in non instanced Court of Stars and surviving.

And who can forget the AP grind. It feels more worthless then ever, but if you don't do it, you'll eventually get Azerite pieces with traits you can't use. At least with artifact weapons, we were unlocking interesting new traits or direct damage buffs.

With his many people have quit working on their necks, I know that I'm going to be screwed by some catch up mechanic putting the time I've dumped into my level 28 neck to waste, and I probably won't even get an advance notice to stop farming before it happens. Because they won't release Battle for Dazar'alor with Azerite armor that 90% of raiders can't use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    I had no idea the EJ guy ended up in charge of wow. Let me guess - no one speculated that this sort of thing would happen when he was brought on-board, right?
    Ion Hazzikostas was General Manager of the Elitist Jerks website back in the day. He was also the leader of the Elitist Jerks Guild, one of the more influential guilds in World of Warcraft's history.

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/arti...luential-guild
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-10-18 at 07:31 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I just learned the guy is the EJ guy. What is he viewed as being the problem behind?

completely honest question, I read complaints about content/expansions but since GC I haven't had a face to put on a notion in wow.
    I doubt he does more than say yes sir and guide the game in a manner which he has been told to gain profits. I just think he has a smug face that needs some adjustments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just learned the guy is the EJ guy. What is he viewed as being the problem behind?

completely honest question, I read complaints about content/expansions but since GC I haven't had a face to put on a notion in wow.
    I've written about this elsewhere in the last couple of days so I'll make this short. My issue with the design is that it is technocratic, over-engineered and often more about math than story. I don't think it's stretching a point to lay that on WoW's current leadership and the history of how that came to be.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

People seem to be unhappy with certain parts of the game or how certain systems work. They're still mostly all subs still however. They'd get changes faster if they unsubbed. The recent "leak" of sub numbers contradicts a blue post not long ago about them NOT bleeding subs. I will believe Blizzard, doomsayers who've screamed WoW is dying since BC will say not to, but they can't know anymore than anyone else so meh.

I wish the doomsayer "I quit WoW sucks" threads were handled better on here and kept to a minimum or just not allowed at all, IF they offer no feedback or criticism. Saying LUL AZERITE SUX isn't helping anyone nor does it warrant any discussion, which the site and forums are for.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I've written about this elsewhere in the last couple of days so I'll make this short. My issue with the design is that it is technocratic, over-engineered and often more about math than story. I don't think it's stretching a point to lay that on WoW's current leadership and the history of how that came to be.
    ah, this is Mr. Spreadsheet (I read your post and that thread recently). They keep tinkering with the hamster wheel, and brought in a wheel guy to do it.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Arckos View Post
    Just wondering: it would make a lot of sense if people became unable to recognize that they're wasting their time on a bad expansion, after having invested so much money/time into this game?
    That's a very leftist thing to say. You're quite the bigot.

Infracted [MoanaLisa]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-10-20 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    So because some people don't enjoy it, it means no one else in the world can genuinely enjoy it?

WoW is the same as it has always been. Decent raiding, M+ make dungeons more fun to repeat, and playing with friends. It's the same game. If you don't enjoy it, that's fine, but don't project your feelings onto others because you want them to hate it as much as you do. Go be pathetic somewhere else.
    Easy, champ.

I literally said exactly the opposite of what you just quoted me saying.

BfA has its flaws but I think WoD was the only expansion where the cons outweighed the pros.

Thing is we all focus on the cons a lot more than the pros. I'm not thrilled with classes at the moment but Azerite isn't all that bad to me. It's like a "create your own 2-piece, 4-piece bonus" and being able to target specific pieces will make the system much more appealing to me than legendaries imo.

So for soneone to like something you dont they have to be deluded? This is what ppl mean about toxic players ruining the community. You dont like something so u think its objectively bad and anyone else is m8nd controlled or stupid.

AP is a solid system to reward players with consolation prizes. Before legion if u did heroics or quests u didnt get anything but gokd but now if u do content with no cgance if an upgrade u DO get slughtly stronger.

Story and zones are solid and most ppl love most of them even if they didnt no warcraft content has ever had 100% player satisfaction.
    Itemization is thd same. Gear is easy to get but the best gear is hard to get . Like always
    Dungeons are once again hard but its due to unique interesting mechanics which can be powered through in easy content and reaarding platers in difficult content for actually paying attention.

Its good to rememver at this point in legion most players had at most 1 legendary and no tier with some having 2 legends. There was no reason to do quests after exalted cus there was no paragon system. And heroic dungeons gave loot 20 ilvls lower than lfr

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    People seem to be unhappy with certain parts of the game or how certain systems work. They're still mostly all subs still however. They'd get changes faster if they unsubbed. The recent "leak" of sub numbers contradicts a blue post not long ago about them NOT bleeding subs. I will believe Blizzard, doomsayers who've screamed WoW is dying since BC will say not to, but they can't know anymore than anyone else so meh.

I wish the doomsayer "I quit WoW sucks" threads were handled better on here and kept to a minimum or just not allowed at all, IF they offer no feedback or criticism. Saying LUL AZERITE SUX isn't helping anyone nor does it warrant any discussion, which the site and forums are for.
    What aboyt that leak showed they were bleeding subs? Every expansion has ppl come back for a month or 2 and leave and havent we only gotten numbers like twice a year before?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I think the players still whiteknighting BFA right now are just lying to themselves.

There is a big difference between:
    A) "Yes, BFA is much worse than any other expansion before except maybe WoD....but i am still having fun with my friends."

and

B) "BFA is awesome! I'm having loads of fun no matter where i go! Everybody who says BFA has any negative aspects is stupid and should just shut up and go away!"

I can totally understand A. I'm an A-guy right now, too. But B? No. Just no. I don't see how someone can objectively compare BFA to any previous expansion and arrive at B.

Deleted
    BFA has a heap of problems but WoW has kinda hit the point where if you're in a raiding guild that you enjoy playing with it's pretty hard to not enjoy yourself, at least in my experience. I've disliked how Warlocks have played since the MOP revamp since I adored WOTLK / Cata affliction, but raiding has been top notch since MOP and M+ is decent enough.

Prettymuch everything else in the game HAS been better at some point, from the questing experience to class design, professions or the achievment system - but when you get into a raid with a bunch of people you like it's quality stuff.

I have my issues with the game, but it's nowhere close to making me want to quit. The people who DO feel like they want to quit over the state of the game must be in trashheap guilds, and I don't know if I'd want to play even if it was a great expansion if I wasn't in a guild I loved as much as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    So for soneone to like something you dont they have to be deluded? This is what ppl mean about toxic players ruining the community. You dont like something so u think its objectively bad and anyone else is m8nd controlled or stupid.

AP is a solid system to reward players with consolation prizes. Before legion if u did heroics or quests u didnt get anything but gokd but now if u do content with no cgance if an upgrade u DO get slughtly stronger.

Story and zones are solid and most ppl love most of them even if they didnt no warcraft content has ever had 100% player satisfaction.
    Itemization is thd same. Gear is easy to get but the best gear is hard to get . Like always
    Dungeons are once again hard but its due to unique interesting mechanics which can be powered through in easy content and reaarding platers in difficult content for actually paying attention.

Its good to rememver at this point in legion most players had at most 1 legendary and no tier with some having 2 legends. There was no reason to do quests after exalted cus there was no paragon system. And heroic dungeons gave loot 20 ilvls lower than lfr

- - - Updated - - -

What aboyt that leak showed they were bleeding subs? Every expansion has ppl come back for a month or 2 and leave and havent we only gotten numbers like twice a year before?
    So you're still going to believe "leaks" from some random source and not listen to a blue that stated their data doesn't show bleeding subs? So literally ignoring point kk
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.