Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why BfA is NOT a bad expansion, spread the love!

All the drama threads have been so monotonous lately i just had to do it, just to put a bright spot in the black if nothing else, so here it goes:

a)the new zones, the flavor, the small storylines and little npc interactions, the music, the atmosphere, the art, even the loading screens, someone did a great job there, kudos to the art team

b)the new dungeons! some are dark and mysterious, some are funky and humorous and all have at least some interesting encounters in them, mythic+ continues as the greatest addition ever made in this game!

c)Uldir: a fine first tier raid, that gave us an epic race to the world first.

d)PvP: new people have joined in, world pvp is a thing again, arenas are in a solid spot in terms of balance and this time with no templates!

e)allied races: more and more keep coming with options we didn't even imagine would be available

f)content has drastically increased in quantity: with warfronts, war campaigns and island expeditions on top of everything else, even if they're not perfectly implemented they're improving and it's good to break the monotony of raiding/mythic+ and arenas/bgs with something different once in a while

+positivity!+ if you're still so grumpy and whiny go play with a kitten or something, it will cheer you up!

It's a terrible expansion /Thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    All the drama threads have been so monotonous lately i just had to do it, just to put a bright spot in the black if nothing else, so here it goes:

a)the new zones, the flavor, the small storylines and little npc interactions, the music, the atmosphere, the art, even the loading screens, someone did a great job there, kudos to the art team

b)the new dungeons! some are dark and mysterious, some are funky and humorous and all have at least some interesting encounters in them, mythic+ continues as the greatest addition ever made in this game!

d)PvP: new people have joined in, world pvp is a thing again, arenas are in a solid spot in terms of balance and this time with no templates!

e)allied races: more and more keep coming with options we didn't even imagine would be available

f)content has drastically increased in quantity: with warfronts, war campaigns and island expeditions on top of everything else, even if they're not perfectly implemented they're improving and it's good to break the monotony of raiding/mythic+ and arenas/bgs with something different once in a while

+positivity!+ if you're still so grumpy and whiny go play with a kitten or something, it will cheer you up!
    no one is arguing that the art is bad or the raid itself is bad or the music. What people are complainig about are the SYSTEMS. The PHILOSOPIES, the GAMEPLAY. I mean you could have the best art and music but if the game is not fun, and doesnt make sense, and is pointless, then why?

The new zones, in the main, look good and the WOW art department just keeps getting better and better. The questing is pretty meh though.

The dungeons are OK but as you point out dark. They are too dark. It's a cheap way of not having to make a lot of detail and interest in the surroundings of a dungeon. Think of the Dungeons and raids in BC and Lich King? Same thing with the raids. Too dark and just muddy looking.

Haven't done PVP of any kind since Lich King and nothing I've seen lately would cause me to want to.

Allied races are just re-skins and are cheaper to do than new races and new race starting zones. Think MoP. Will we ever see an entire new continent like that again?

Content may increase (which is debatable) but is it good content? Warfronts and Island Expeditions are terrible as has been repeatedly said. War campaigns are just another way of questing.

It’s a garbage expansion I don’t even care if classic puts it under it just needs to die at this point
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

The complaints are just negative hype. People gather in echo chambers like Reddit or MMO-C and make each other believe the game sucks when it really doesn't EXCEPT Azerite Armor system.

BfA is starting to make WoD look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixef View Post
    The complaints are just negative hype. People gather in echo chambers like Reddit or MMO-C and make each other believe the game sucks when it really doesn't EXCEPT Azerite Armor system.

1.7 active subs disagrees with this statement
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

5+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna spread the love then give me a copy with 5 months worth of game time.

I'm loving it so far, already completed the alliance war campaign and unlocked dark irons. Halfway to max level on my horde character and loving the Old Gold corruption story in Zuldazar.

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    It’s a garbage expansion I don’t even care if classic puts it under it just needs to die at this point
    It needs to die simply because you have a negative opinion of it?

Uhh, no?

No problem as long as the rest enjoys the game.

Careful, that's not a popular opinion on forums :P
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post

Allied races are neat but legion offered a whole new class that were also very similar to allied races with the slight design change of night and blood elves.

As for content, why even bring up the two war campaigns? Compared to the 12 class campaigns AND Suramar?

Warfronts are limited and incredibly monotonous and boring. Islands can break the constant raid/m+ But in legion all the systems were way better in design so suranar and wqs already did that job.

The dungeons are okay but some are riddled with trash and the bosses are all very basic. Legion was better in this regard imo.
    Yep, the zones and art are fantastic... just like every expansion.

BFA isn't horrible like wod but it certainly isn't a good expansion. Legion was league's ahead.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Yay another Blizz employee posting...

Already debunked. Try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Already debunked. Try again.
    cant really debunk or prove it actually. Its either true or not. blizzard saying its not true is not debunking

I'm playing lots of BFA. #NotABlizzEmployeeEvenThoughWillBeCalledBlizzEmployee

People like you just needs to walk away and leave the others in peace to play a game they enjoy. You not liking it does not means others needs to agree with you and stop playing as well.

BFA is actually a good expansion, not as good as legion but def better than wod and cataclysm.