Thread: asmongold

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

asmongold

can someone explain to me why everyone is acting like asmongold is the second coming of jesus? He restates the same shit everyone has been saying so why are people sucking him off? The dude says he doesn't unsub because he thinks it won't change anything when in reality it's because it's his job. He twists his words to make sure that it doesn't look bad that he is still subbed to the game. His cult follower of yes men agreeing to everything he says, all these WoW streamers/youtubers are a bunch of parrots who restate the same shit everyone has been saying.

He streams WoW= more of his viewers will keep subbing to WoW.

Sodapoppin is much more real as he stopped streaming bfa.

Because people think "influencers" have ever had an effect on WoW development. And right now a lot of people are angry about things that Blizzard seems to have no desire to change and feel as though their voice doesn't matter.

Put two and two together and influencers appear as the last bastion of hope for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitriy138 View Post
    can someone explain to me why everyone is acting like asmongold is the second coming of jesus? He restates the same shit everyone has been saying so why are people sucking him off? The dude says he doesn't unsub because he thinks it won't change anything when in reality it's because it's his job. He twists his words to make sure that it doesn't look bad that he is still subbed to the game. His cult follower of yes men agreeing to everything he says, all these WoW streamers/youtubers are a bunch of parrots who restate the same shit everyone has been saying.

I think this is the today's most pointless thread on MMOC

His most recent video does a fairly impressive job of describing the totally s**t state that WoW is in at present.

Even as someone whose favourite expansions were TBC/WOTLK and MoP, I am actively looking forward to Classic WoW at this point. He's saying what a lot of people are thinking, whether partially or entirely.

In general, people don't like to think for themselves so they rely on YT personalities to feed them the information which they use to formulate their opinions. It's the same reason many people get their news from pundits. Thinking for yourself is hard.

Why do people keep making post about why people listen to Asmond? For whatever reason he seems to be popping up in people's youtube feed, X number people like what he has to say, X number don't.

Can someone explain to me why whenever someone mentions any streamer/youtuber way too many people on these forums abandon all logic and reason and devolve into arguments based on "muh opinion" and ad hominem attacks? Sorry it doesn't help your argument when you refer to the WoW playerbase as "sucking off streamers", "yes men" and "parrots". Also have you ever considered that maybe people are "parroting" something because its a very common opinion and not because they're unoriginal?
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    For like 6 months before BfA, we got daily Preach threads, now that shifted to Asmongold.

Well, it's either that:

A) he is much more real
    B) he is a highly successful variety streamer who can quit without suffering any drawback to his income at all

Asmon would sacrifice at least what, half of his income if he stopped streaming bfa, and for what? A statement that with 99% likelihood isn't going to matter in the slightest.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2018-10-16 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Well, it's either that:

A) he is much more real
    B) he is a highly successful variety streamer who can quit without suffering any drawback to his income at all
    See for B) Asmon should stop saying he doesn't unsub because he doesn't think it would change anything. He doesn't unsub because he would lose prob half his viewers not streaming WoW. It's about the money not some bs non argument he has of just "FEELINGS" of how unsubbing wouldn't do anything.

The dude literally just repeats the same exact shit I see on here and on reddit. It's amazing that people that need a streamer to form their view for them. I guess it's just like politics and talking heads. It's sad.

Just because you are disappointed in something doesn't mean you hate it. My parents would have cancelled their sub to me many years ago if that was the case.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-10-16 at 10:10 PM.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    People talk shit about the game daily and still play why should he be any different ? the fact that he makes a metric fuck of money from streaming a game then publicly points out why its failing doesn't make him fake its actually the complete opposite lol

so many people saltly that a balding neckbeard who looks like a alien is rich as fuck

Well you made a thread about him so you obviously care a lot!
    he's ok let him do his thing, can't understand either direction of this discussion.
    he isn't jesus but he's also not totally unimportant.
    guess people are just too jealous and self important to just accept that way more people are influenced by him than by them.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The dude literally just repeats the same exact shit I see on here and on reddit. It's amazing that people that need a streamer to form their view for them. I guess it's just like politics and talking heads. It's sad.
    yup. Actually felt like I was watching Ion talk.

See for B) Asmon should stop saying he doesn't unsub because he doesn't think it would change anything. He doesn't unsub because he would lose prob half his viewers not streaming WoW. It's about the money not some bs non argument he has of just "FEELINGS" of how unsubbing wouldn't do anything.
    Obviously it's about the money. He's not an idiot, and only an idiot would give up half of his income for something that isn't going to matter or change anything in the slightest.

Deleted
    asmongold is pretty cool, he says what everyone of us (the non retarded ones) have been saying for years, but the difference is he has a large audience which makes it that much compelling because there's an actual change blizzard will listen to it.

Some of the stuff he says I don't fully agree with, but it's mostly minor shit. Like is views on raiding for gear (instead of raiding for the challenge of killing a boss with a team) but that's a personal thing I guess, or how he thinks mythic + are a good thing for the game if they had some tweaks, while I think they're a fundamentally flaud system imported from D3 (d3 greater rifts) and that they should have no timer and be incrementally harder and end when you wipe X amount of times in a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...unless they like the game in the current state (whatever x-pac)...then they are all sheep and white knights...right?
    Except that I didn't say that so that's irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    asmongold is pretty cool, he says what everyone of us (the non retarded ones) have been saying for years, but the difference is he has a large audience which makes it that much compelling because there's an actual change blizzard will listen to it.

Some of the stuff he says I don't fully agree with, but it's mostly minor shit. Like is views on raiding for gear (instead of raiding for the challenge of killing a boss with a team) but that's a personal thing I guess, or how he thinks mythic + are a good thing for the game if they had some tweaks, while I think they're a fundamentally flaud system imported from D3 (d3 greater rifts) and that they should have no timer and be incrementally harder and end when you wipe X amount of times in a boss.
    He is indirectly telling people not to unsub, because he doesn't unsub saying it won't change anything. Pretty sure if any company sees they are losing players like fuck they will try to figure out wtf is going on. If he said the truth that he doesn't unsub because it's his job then it would be fine, but he isn't.

Well it's a terrible expansion. The loot system is a slot machine that is broken. Azerite armor feels terrible. RNG is all that matters now along with a lot of quests like....unlocking flight paths... Anyways they don't deserve our money as a community imo because they don't care.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly, never liked Asmon or Soda.

I guess people follow him because he's putting more effort into getting more visible seated than he used to be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..