Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do we have hope that Blizzard will change retail for the better?

After the recent shitstorm that hit them because of WoW, are they gonna finally do something about the game or keep us feeding with lawyer sentences? What will happen guys? We went from 3.5 million subs to 1.7 million, I really don't want this game to die, I already unsubbed though because I can't support a game I don't like in it's current form.

Maybe next expac but this one is pretty much a lost cause. I mean WoD was the worst expansion yet Legion was the best. History runs in cycles.

Are the numbers actually that low ("low" - it's still over a million people) or is it manufactured?

Either way, Legion started out wonky too, but it gradually got better after a few patches. Hopefully the same will happen for BfA (not trying to make excuses for the shoddy design choices by brushing it off with "it will get better, but later", by the way - frankly it should have been in a better place from the start).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    After the recent shitstorm that hit them because of WoW, are they gonna finally do something about the game or keep us feeding with lawyer sentences? What will happen guys? We went from 3.5 million subs to 1.7 million, I really don't want this game to die, I already unsubbed though because I can't support a game I don't like in it's current form.
    You're referring to the WA Twitter "leak", did you decide to forget the bit where the WA poster himself stated later that the info was false and to ignore it?

Or does that not jive with with your crusade?

FAKE NEWS!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piplupzero View Post
    Maybe next expac but this one is pretty much a lost cause. I mean WoD was the worst expansion yet Legion was the best. History runs in cycles.
    I honestly dont know how this expansion is going to last 2 years.
    unless they are planning the biggest patch WOW's had yet say early spring 2019
    basically a lovely big red button reset

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any source for 3.5 mil subs, and 1.7 mil subs?
    no?
    can you find them and show them to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You're referring to the WA Twitter "leak", did you decide to forget the bit where the WA poster himself stated later that the info was false and to ignore it?

Or does that not jive with with your crusade?

FAKE NEWS!
    Sure maybe, I didn't check that, but the game is shit regardless.
    I can't find the tweet that says it's false but he said it isn't confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Do you have any source for 3.5 mil subs, and 1.7 mil subs?
    no?
    can you find them and show them to me?
    google it 1.7 mill subs wow.
    Last edited by Dizson; 2018-10-16 at 10:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Are the numbers actually that low ("low" - it's still over a million people) or is it manufactured?

Either way, Legion started out wonky too, but it gradually got better after a few patches. Hopefully the same will happen for BfA (not trying to make excuses for the shoddy design choices by brushing it off with "it will get better, but later", by the way - frankly it should have been in a better place from the start).
    some random guy said "i have proof its 1.7 mil" but gave no such proof, other then "there is 1.7 million people who use paid subscription in his region" which does not include other regions (china and us/eu) and those who use wow tokens.
    and even then we are not even sure that is accurate so..
    dude finds a random number in the code, claims its the total subs of the expansion, WA says so, then people take and run with it.
    as WA said, if that is true, then 50% of the playerbase uses WA which sorta alone proves it fake, i heavily doubt 50% of the playerbase use addons, let alone one AS COMPLICATED as WA

- - - Updated - - -

LOLOLOL
    "I love the game i want it to succeed"
    "Game is shit regardless is my points are proven false"
    also you take his word its true, more then his word its false, even if the false side has eivdance, while the true has none? coolio

- - - Updated - - -

yeah no, that was proven fake, but ok.
    even wowhead pointed out how fake it is.
    11 million unique (different IP's that are not logged in) users in august
    which by your logic if there was only 1.7 mil players, would mean, in august there would need to have been 100% of the wow population veiwing wowhead on 10 different devices while all being logged out.
    yeah no...
    unless you think 90% of wowheads veiwers dont even play wow which is... mental
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-10-16 at 10:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

It's truly incredible how after your statement is proven false, you can just disregard reality because you don't like what you hear, and continue projecting it

That's a marvellous gift.

some random guy said "i have proof its 1.7 mil" but gave no such proof, other then "there is 1.7 million people who use paid subscription in his region" which does not include other regions (china and us/eu) and those who use wow tokens.
    and even then we are not even sure that is accurate so..
    dude finds a random number in the code, claims its the total subs of the expansion, WA says so, then people take and run with it.
    as WA said, if that is true, then 50% of the playerbase uses WA which sorta alone proves it fake, i heavily doubt 50% of the playerbase use addons, let alone one AS COMPLICATED as WA

- - - Updated - - -

LOLOLOL
    "I love the game i want it to succeed"
    "Game is shit regardless is my points are proven false"
    also you take his word its true, more then his word its false, even if the false side has eivdance, while the true has none? coolio

- - - Updated - - -

yeah no, that was proven fake, but ok.
    even wowhead pointed out how fake it is.
    11 million unique (different IP's that are not logged in) users in august
    which by your logic if there was only 1.7 mil players, would mean, in august there would need to have been 100% of the wow population veiwing wowhead on 10 different devices while all being logged out.
    yeah no...
    unless you think 90% of wowheads veiwers dont even play wow which is... mental

I loved WoW, I don't love current WoW and seems like that is more of a raising concern that has been stated during alpha, beta and now, that they don't care and the current system is shit. Even the holygrail circlejerk Reddit finally realised how bad the game is.

It's truly incredible how after your statement is proven false, you can just disregard reality because you don't like what you hear, and continue projecting it

That's a marvellous gift.
    My main point wasn't the sub numbers though, I just brougth it up as it came up today, proven false, so what. The game is itself shit and people finally realised and open their mouth about it. The last time this happened on this scale was during mid WoD. Some of us has been saying this stuff since alpha, but usually got told that the game is fine they will fix it, look where we are now.
    Last edited by Dizson; 2018-10-16 at 10:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I loved WoW, I don't love current WoW and seems like that is more of a raising concern that has been stated during alpha, beta and now, that they don't care and the current system is shit. Even the holygrail circlejerk Reddit finally realised how bad the game is.
    1. How dont they care? if they dont care they literally would not be making any content at all and just ride wow as long as it can keep making money based on what it had at the time.
    2. current system is great, just some hiccups that could easily be fixed if they decided to sort their shit.
    3. REDDIT A HOLY CIRCLEJERK LOLOLOL
    4. love how like how you have many times before you completly ignore how your 1.7 is wrong...
    We can talk while we can, wow is shit dead game threads are not allowed.

Hmm..World of Warcraft Subscription Numbers Reportedly Revealed..(rumor)

Though Blizzard stopped providing subscriber numbers for World of Warcraft back in 2015, a new report has stated that the subscriber base currently stands at 1.7 million.

Popular World of Warcraft add-on WeakAuras is behind the new data, which claims that the new subscriber numbers are courtesy of a new API launched by Blizzard at develop.battle.net that “was leaking player subscription end dates”.

On its Twitter account, WeakAuras revealed that active subscribers jumped to 3.2 million after the launch of the seventh major expansion, World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, back in August. But since then, the number has fallen to 1.7 million. These numbers are worldwide excluding China, it claims.

In later tweets, WeakAuras said that “the original post with those findings has since been deleted, not sure if because Blizzard threatened to sue or because it was false data”. That means you should take the new findings with a heavy pinch of salt.

In an announcement after the release of Battle of Azeroth, Blizzard claimed that it was the fastest-selling World of Warcraft expansion of all-time, with over 3.4 million units sold on the first day.

-----------------------------

*shrugs*

I think we all know the reason behind not reporting the numbers anymore...

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel at this point that even if Blizzard DOES release sub numbers, and even if they were to state that they have 15 million active subs, people would still say "It's not 20 million, GAME IS DEAD".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Though Blizzard stopped providing subscriber numbers for World of Warcraft back in 2015, a new report has stated that the subscriber base currently stands at 1.7 million.

Popular World of Warcraft add-on WeakAuras is behind the new data, which claims that the new subscriber numbers are courtesy of a new API launched by Blizzard at develop.battle.net that “was leaking player subscription end dates”.

On its Twitter account, WeakAuras revealed that active subscribers jumped to 3.2 million after the launch of the seventh major expansion, World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, back in August. But since then, the number has fallen to 1.7 million. These numbers are worldwide excluding China, it claims.

In later tweets, WeakAuras said that “the original post with those findings has since been deleted, not sure if because Blizzard threatened to sue or because it was false data”. That means you should take the new findings with a heavy pinch of salt.

In an announcement after the release of Battle of Azeroth, Blizzard claimed that it was the fastest-selling World of Warcraft expansion of all-time, with over 3.4 million units sold on the first day.

*shrugs*

Or you know, you could do some research?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...day_weakauras/

Clarification about what happened today (WeakAuras Tweet)
    So, what happened today:

Someone posted a thread on ((forum that is against TOS)) about how the new API can be abused to get player subscription data and that was used to calculate current subscriber numbers.

What I usually do with those rumors is post them on the WeakAuras Twitter account to talk with other people about it. I knew it was a far fetch and could not be verified unless the full data dump was leaked, which it wasn't. Also the thread has since been deleted and I did not have a screenshot nor was it accessible via Google Cache since it was in the subscriber only area.

What sounded too cool to me was that if those numbers are true, WeakAuras users make up 50% of WoW's user base. Which would be insane. So I began typing my tweet, wanting to talk about it and then it happened. I reached Twitter's max character limit. Well, the lazy person I am, I just figured I'd split my tweet up into three.

Turns out, people really don't read Twitter threads and Reddit only displays the first post of it by default.

This is how it looked to me, https://i.imgur.com/Y2SUrDc.png - but not to the rest of the internet.

Obviously the community took this as a call to arms and soon after, everyone was treating the first tweet as a fact. I tried repeatedly to point out how it wasn't but yeah, you guys know what happened.

Soon after, I got contacted by Blizzard and they basically just told me that the data is false and that I might want to edit or delete my tweet to not look like an idiot that spreads misinformation.

Since I think deleting tweets just because they are controversial is bad practice, and I stand by what I wrote, I once again tried to point out what I have been saying from the beginning, that we have no proof to back up this claim.

So of course, people took my tweet saying just that as me being gag ordered by Blizzard and started claiming I only posted this to boost my follower count and WeakAuras download numbers, threatening to boycott the WeakAuras addon as a consequence. Trust me, this was really not the case and half of that does not even make sense.

Lessons learned:

Put a huge disclaimer at the start of tweets when you are going to post rumors, not at the end.

The internet is still the internet and will never change.

BfA is still in a very dire spot and posting a rumor about how it could be even worse did not help.

I hope I could clear up a few things for you guys and am sorry for causing trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post

It's the same expansion, if they actually learned anything from Legion, it'd have been carried over to BfA, which means they didn't. Legendaries were only good when you could legitimately obtain them all inside of a month (and buy the ones you wanted on a vendor). Artifacts were only good in that they didn't actually matter once you got concordance. That means the grind was over. Both of these mistakes were repeated in BfA, which means the "it got better" didn't make it into the new expansion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't find the tweet that says it's false but he said it isn't confirmed
    SMH. If it isn't confirmed, then it isn't a fact and there's no reason for your doom and gloom post.
    I'm a crazy taco.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel at this point that even if Blizzard DOES release sub numbers, and even if they were to state that they have 15 million active subs, people would still say "It's not 20 million, GAME IS DEAD".
    Exactly why they stopped.
    if it was low doomsayers said so, if it was high doomsayers said "yeah but just for now, game is still shit and will die"
    this even happened during cata where is was still a mega titan of subs, yet "its doing down slowly, its dead game"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

*shrugs*

Yeah okay, now here's the follow-up tweet from the same guy:

"Because people do not like to read more than one tweet in a thread: there is 0 proof to this and no way to proof it since the source has vanished. Blizzard contacted me and said it's false as well"

1. How dont they care? if they dont care they literally would not be making any content at all and just ride wow as long as it can keep making money based on what it had at the time.
    2. current system is great, just some hiccups that could easily be fixed if they decided to sort their shit.
    3. REDDIT A HOLY CIRCLEJERK LOLOLOL
    4. love how like how you have many times before you completly ignore how your 1.7 is wrong...
    We can talk while we can, wow is shit dead game threads are not allowed.
    1. They don't care simply because we have been saying that the azerite system is shit and many other things too like Island Expedition and Warfronts since ALPHA AND BETA, yet they thought this was such a great idea. Classes are still utter shit, and they refuse to fix them, not even number tuning, you think this is acceptable I don't.
    2. It is so great that people are enraged including big streamers who wouldn't otherwise bother with it since it might hurt their income, but hey even people agree with them and the general concern is the game is bad. They have been fixing it since alpha... wait what alpha? WoD alpha? For some reason they always end up fixing stuff but we never really get a fix. They said classes will be fixed by 7.1 oh wait they are still shit. Tell me more about how this is good development.
    3.Reddit is in fact a circlejerk upboated for u
    4.I agree the numbers are wrong as I said the second post I made that I didn't read the current news on it so I was wrong, but still the game isn't in a good place and if you think so you are just a boomer npc.

Yeah okay, now here's the follow-up tweet from the same guy:

"Because people do not like to read more than one tweet in a thread: there is 0 proof to this and no way to proof it since the source has vanished. Blizzard contacted me and said it's false as well"
    There is no proof but still can be right, I want to see a post by blizzard proving that it is actually wrong though, but they aren't releasing datas since WoD(?) so...

7+ Year Old Account
    Also i know OP plays on illegal servers because they call BFA "Retail"
    You mean current? BFA? modern?