"stack on rock" possible on Mythrax Heroic?

Just a quick question, I've seen Mythic kills where they stack in a corner on a rock to make the visions of madness all spawn in a group. Is this possible on Heroic too? Because Mythrax's beam is thicker than the one from his weapon, is there enough room to run between both corners?

Deleted
    No clue but I'm appaulled this bug is still live, hard to imagine it was actually intended.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivasana View Post
    No clue but I'm appaulled this bug is still live, hard to imagine it was actually intended.
    Why not? It's INCREDIBLY dangerous to have your entire raid stacked into one tiny cramped position since the window to move out safely before the beam is extremely tight. Every single person needs to be watching timers like a hawk and move precisely when the beam is cast.

The payoff is a nice clump of add spawns.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Why not? It's INCREDIBLY dangerous to have your entire raid stacked into one tiny cramped position since the window to move out safely before the beam is extremely tight. Every single person needs to be watching timers like a hawk and move precisely when the beam is cast.

The payoff is a nice clump of add spawns.
    If it was intended, the adds would always spawn directly on people and not only when the player stands in a bugged location.
    And you're argument that "every single player needs to watch timers like a hawk" doesn't make sense. Stacking actually makes it easier because you just move from a to b and back whenever your raidlead shouts at you. This way you dont have to keep track where the beam goes and you always know the safe spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think it's borderline exploit. It's quite obviously a mishap/bug that is not intended.

It just became too much of a tactic in M.Mythrax to change at this point.

THey should fix the heroic mythrax bug where he just keeps spawning visions after first intermission and stops doing anything else first tbh.

Its clearly not the intended way the encounter designers thought the fight would be done, but its not an exploit.

I think the effort to pull off the trick makes up for the reward. Blizzard often accepts the tactic in those situations. Another good example of this would be Heroic Ragnaros P4 where you could have three groups inside the ice circle.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    THey should fix the heroic mythrax bug where he just keeps spawning visions after first intermission and stops doing anything else first tbh.
    Haha yes, can't believe this is still in the game tbh. Can result in a free kill if you get it. We've had it once, on Heroic.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    We had people who stood on the very edge of a spawning mindcontroll-orb getting mindcontrolled and walking around the raid attacking people.
    Another interesting one: people who fall off the elevator on taloc landing inside the mother bossroom, pulling the boss and screwing up logs. But at least this skips trash.

Was trying to do it for heroic prog and it was clumping the adds decently well. My raid was derping and couldn't dodge the beam on a timer for some reason, but COULD dodge the randomness when we split. If your raid can not get clipped by the beam its really smooth.

I generally don't think the time taken to learn the strat and coordinate a raid full of people to stack and dodge in sync is worth it for heroic. Anyone moving too early could bait the beam to the wrong spot. Move too late and you get beamed. Stand slightly off of the rock and you spawn a vision in the wrong spot and negate much of the benefit. Difficulty killing the big add while your camera is jammed into the wall. But yeah there's no reason it wouldn't work, and indeed it makes the little adds 1000% more manageable when you do pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Not a bug. The intermission is timed. If you kill the Destroyers fast, you get free damage on the boss until the phase ends.