Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

The truth i never told anyone. Having a full raid tier set

This is related to not having transmog on classic.

I always say not having transmog gives incentive for people to farm an entire current raid tier set.
    What i dont say is that you quickly feel "sad" when i new raid tier releases...and you already have a full raid tier set from the previous tier.

Its devastating

In my case the first time ever i got a full raid tier set was in WotlK tier 7.5.
    I felt on the top of the world.
    I was walking around in cities feeling like a pimp. OH YEAH, i was the best.
    Some crappy new raids were released...did i equip those items? NO, i was in full raid tier 7.5 BITCH.
    I was doing incredible DPS without having to equip any items from this new raids.
    I was the best.

Ulduar cames out and....pure depression ahah i never felt so bad.
    I even almost stopped raiding at that point.

Basically i spent the rest of Wrath of the Lich King without ever again having a full raid tier set (apart from tier 7.5 which i equiped everytime i was in a city)

-------

My question to you is:

Will any of you target a full raid tier set on classic? Even if its not BiS? Just for the pure "snowflake" feeling?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-10-22 at 03:29 PM.

I'd imagine the people you're referring to who care will have RP / matching gear to wear while afk in IF/ORG , in raids/BG's I can't see it being a thing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'll equip the gear that's best. I doubt I'll raid enough to make it to raid tiers.

Might get the entire dungeon set though, maybe a Zul Gurub set? Chances are it'll still be a miss-matched clown suit, sadly.

I'm planning on playing on a RP server, so I might stash a matching set or two in my bank if I make it that far.

Yeah, full tier2 if I play priest, because it's actually really good with ZG class trinket. I could target full t3 but it's as unrealistic as things can get in this game.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Don't worry, when classic is released you'll have the same gear forever. Few minor variables depending on BiS lists and such, but it will never change. Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Yeah, full tier2 if I play priest, because it's actually really good with ZG class trinket. I could target full t3 but it's as unrealistic as things can get in this game.
    Glad to know im not the only person playing the game like this
    Im going for that snowflake feeling!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Don't worry, when classic is released you'll have the same gear forever. Few minor variables depending on BiS lists and such, but it will never change. Enjoy.
    I crap on the idea of having BiS
    I go for the snowflake!

Deleted
    Well having the bis gear is like I look hell ugly but the satisfying feel to it is awesome and you get compliments for your hard work to actually look like sh*t. Something I actually miss how odd it might sound.

I'll definitely get full sets, at least on my main. I want full sets, though, mainly just to have them - while some are far better statted than others, I definitely will collect all the sets for just the purpose of having them (including a full Light and Soulforge set).

I may be wrong, and haven't ever looked that closely, but are there any BIS lists, for any class/spec, that include a full 8 piece? I thought actual mathematical BIS lists were already pretty patchwork, and you may have a 2 or 4 piece bonus, but generally had a mix of random pieces?

While mathematically I could possibly have better gear than full T2 Judgement, looking that awesome is pretty important. Also, there's a difference between general questing/chilling in Ironforge armor, and progression raiding gear. You need full sets to look good on the IF bridge. No math changes that!

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    are you like, trying to make people that love classic depressed? i sense sarcasm. lol we getting classic man QQ more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BSwitch View Post
    You need full sets to look good on the IF bridge. No math changes that!
    ahah so true

Oh yea, full Netherwind was hella fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier sets fluctuate between great and terrible depending on the tier and class you play in Vanilla, and you'll rarely ever actually want to use the whole set.

Enjoy raiding in piss-ugly Bloodvine until AQ if you're a caster, Warlock especially.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    I suspect a lot of people will end up having D1 and D2 sets.

I did both during TBC when I first started playing and people were making fun of me for doing the quests. Once transmog hit and those sets were removed from acquisition I was so jazzed. I also kept my level 70 Grand Marshal’s set.

During vanilla I don’t know how hard they were to get, I know that I had to run UBRS a lot and needed 3 70’s to easily farm my final piece. I suspect though it will be easier to find groups to do D1 and D2 sets than full raids.

Looking back at the stats Deathmist will be pretty useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    Looking back at the stats Deathmist will be pretty useful.
    T0.5 (D2) is more of a monetary investment than anything else, and frankly it's just not worth it. They aren't released until the ZG patch at which point there is much better gear available. All casters will be wearing Bloodvine until at least AQ anyways because Hit trumps all.

T0 (D1) is, frankly, terrible for casters. Ideally you won't be using any pieces of it at all because it only has base stats. It's a remnant from the time in the game before Blizzard realized how badly casters scaled off of Int compared to melee scaling off Str and Agi.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Late,late into classic I might. Transmog is one of the few changes I would accept along with collection tabs. It's the game play I dont want touched.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    T0.5 (D2) is more of a monetary investment than anything else, and frankly it's just not worth it. They aren't released until the ZG patch at which point there is much better gear available. All casters will be wearing Bloodvine until at least AQ anyways because Hit trumps all.

T0 (D1) is, frankly, terrible for casters. Ideally you won't be using any pieces of it at all because it only has base stats. It's a remnant from the time in the game before Blizzard realized how badly casters scaled off of Int compared to melee scaling off Str and Agi.
    I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you. I’m just saying people will have them because there will be no transmog. D1 was/will be garbage. D2 I think cost me 500g in mats or quest items to run. I did it for the sets not the stats (Obviously when I was T4/T5 when I was farming the gear.) an I doubt too many people will make that kind of time/financial investment in classic servers for a set, maybe I”m wrong.

D1 though people will have just from running 5 mans so much.

You'll wear your pink plate boots and like it!

Quote Originally Posted by drori8 View Post
    are you like, trying to make people that love classic depressed? i sense sarcasm. lol we getting classic man QQ more.
    Somewhat sarcastic. Sure, I have certain biases, and I can't for the life of me see sense in basically playing something you know will stagnate because it cannot progress beyond a certain point by design.

Take it as you will I suppose, I'm not out to insult anyone individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I crap on the idea of having BiS
    I go for the snowflake!
    Hope you're planning to be the raid leader then.

I love how DPS warriors look pre naxx with missmatched gear /shrug

being a priest who got benediction at 60, I like transmog. even if its just so I can use items that I did get while the actual item has a very bad item level. sure I could just use the real item, but i'd be gimping myself. I had full t1 but sold it way before the void storage let a lone the transmog that remembers what you've looted. what was wierd was that t1 helmets didn't last that long really because onyxia was doable so i'd imagine a lot of ppl just skipped their t1 helms. i think i did even if i did wear t1 for a couple raids i probably got my t2 head not that long after t1. I think i had a mix of t1, t2 and the 3 peice set you could get from a quest in aq20, for me it was cloak/shoulders or bracers and a mace i think but i didn't bother with the mace. i looked kinda funky with magey looking shoulders.

found a picture of me at the end of classic either those shoulders are from a quest, bloodvine or some other drop, they were obviously better than t1. but without transmog you did end up with some mismatched thing going on until you got all the core parts, head/gloves/shoulders/boots and legs if your class didn't wear robes.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-10-22 at 10:59 PM.