Deleted

Why is MMO Champ always behind WoWHead?

(apologies if this shouldn't be in this subforum)

I've been curious for a while as to why MMO Champion doesn't always feature the same new datamined things that wowhead does. A perfect example of this is the new Blood Elf heritage armour which is on wowhead but not mmo champ. Obviously wowhead is an official partner with Blizzard (I think) and so they presumabley have more manpower, but often it seems like it's not just a case of not being able to obtain things. Often a model is never posted to mmo champ when it's been up on wowhead for a long time. I would have thought it'd be easy to post the blood elf armour if champ can get the mekkatorque model.

Anyone have info on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Suggestions and Feedback from WoW General Discussions

Also this thread which asks the same questions essentially:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-in-datamining
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Wowhead probably has a larger team of people doing the mining

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    (apologies if this shouldn't be in this subforum)

I've been curious for a while as to why MMO Champion doesn't always feature the same new datamined things that wowhead does. A perfect example of this is the new Blood Elf heritage armour which is on wowhead but not mmo champ. Obviously wowhead is an official partner with Blizzard (I think) and so they presumabley have more manpower, but often it seems like it's not just a case of not being able to obtain things. Often a model is never posted to mmo champ when it's been up on wowhead for a long time. I would have thought it'd be easy to post the blood elf armour if champ can get the mekkatorque model.

Anyone have info on this?
    First you're wrong about wowhead being partners with Blizzard. Blizzard has no partner sites ANYWHERE. Secondly MMO-Champ often gets stuff before wowhead in terms of datamined stuff for PTRs and such.

I'm responsible for content, development, and community here. I try and post the new content as far as possible, but I'm only one human. The set and related quest is now posted! You can PM me with any other concerns.