Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Classic Mario is unplayable...

Seriously, though, it will be fine for those who enjoy it.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Deleted
    I'm in one of the best guilds horde side (on a private server mind you) and I only use KTM and bigwigs (which is mostly redudant anyway), even as a healer you only need luna frames and ktm.

I dunno, coming from certain MMO's like Lineage etc, classic is nothing.

Only 30? Amateur

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I play WoW with 0 gameplay/ui add-ons, aside from RP ones. I also played on a private server a couple years ago. I think I'll be just fine.

The only add on I ever used in vanilla was the thottbot add on that linked to the website. Occasionally I'd use the crazy taxi arrow for quests and a bag manager.

Shit to this day that's all I pretty much use.

Fire up the Hyperbole Hyper Engines! Time to claim the game is UNPLAYABLE because of some idiot's opinion about addons!

0/10

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Seriously, though, it will be fine for those who enjoy it.
    Agree there. But personally I won't. I'm barely finding an hour to run a few dungeons these days. I definitely don't have an hour to run TO a dungeon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Good thing I have an old laptop in the basement. I think it's actually a Pentium II, should get maybe 5 FPS in raids, do I get bonus Classic epeen points for that?
    I have the old cooler master case that my system was in back then in the closet... I think I have enough old junk around to rebuild my system from there.. the irony would be that it isn't good enough for classic.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    You can play Vanilla without addons just fine. How do I know? I played Vanilla without addons and gotten halfway through Naxx.

Addons only make the game easier, but they don't do something you cannot do without them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palamouche View Post
    As someone who never played Vanilla and intend to try it for a bit, I don't think that's true as long as you're willing to enter into the game with a different mindset that the one you're used to on retail.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a nice retrospect experience once you have learned what have changed over the years and why they actually did.
    If nothing else I'm hoping it shuts a few people up. "Waaah muh tooltips don't have the exact math equations on them" --> "wtf do you mean I have to look up almost every quest in vanilla and half of them are on another continent and the quest text doesn't even frigging tell you that?!"

Goood. Goooood.

I played since Vanilla beta, didnt start useing addons until wotlk since I used to feel its cheating.
    Your brain adjust to change quickly, just install Diablo 2 and play for one day and you realize how much better it is then D3.

Terrible bait. People used addons since always and still use them today, so pointless as hell such use of arguments.

What is true is that it will be hard for people who joined late and are used to all QoL things for it to be hard.
    But then again current API will allow for a lot of QoL things as well that were not in the past.

But saying unplayable - dumb as fuck.

I played Mario Kart on Nintendo 64 few days ago. Quite fun and it was a nice trip down nostalgia and memory lane. It was all good. Just because it came out long ago dont mean the game cant be fun for alot of people.

If you dont like playing classic, then dont. And stop making threads about it just because you dont like it.

Do you go to every gaming forum for each game in the world to tell it sucks cause you dont like it?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    Before you get your pichforks, I started WoW in summer of 2005 and have played retail ever since.

WoW has gotten a lot of quality of life changes over the years, things we take for granted now but have gotten used to, such as autodismount, shiftclicking on equipped items to replace items, stuff like that.

Vanilla WoW is will be damn near impossible to transition to for people used to the convinient new non-gameplay systems. How do I know that? Because people use like 30 addons to make vanilla wow "playable".

People who raid on a competetive level use like 30 addons lul. Should blizz update life quality changes for the things that people use addons for anyway?
    If it is "unplayable" why are you distinguishing between people that have played it before and people that haven't... almost as if they managed to play it somehow.

5+ Year Old Account
    If they don't like it then there's always BfA.

Go back to prison, mr. Hovind.

Unplayable? Not really. A little inconvenient? Definitely. But back then nobody knew any different and made do with what was in the game. Vanilla was an unexplored frontier that had to be solved and unlocked. And that was fun. There was a challenge you had to overcome. Whether it was from the difficulty of the mobs and quests or from the lack of quality of life mechanics that we have today.

Vanilla was a puzzle that nobody told you how to solve, you just went out in the world and figured things out as you encountered them.

Can't imagine how a game where bosses have like two abilities max and I have a literal one button rotation need an addon to be playable.

I raided up to halfway trough AQ40 in vanilla.

I cant really remember what sort of addons I had back then, but only one I can recall was ctraid. Which just basically gave you the raidframe and other such basic functions. I did not even have "decursive" or any other such addons.

Oh... I might have had some basic dps meter!

That doesnt really count as 30 addons. :/

Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    Before you get your pichforks, I started WoW in summer of 2005 and have played retail ever since.

WoW has gotten a lot of quality of life changes over the years, things we take for granted now but have gotten used to, such as autodismount, shiftclicking on equipped items to replace items, stuff like that.

Vanilla WoW is will be damn near impossible to transition to for people used to the convinient new non-gameplay systems. How do I know that? Because people use like 30 addons to make vanilla wow "playable".

People who raid on a competetive level use like 30 addons lul. Should blizz update life quality changes for the things that people use addons for anyway?
    I think what the point of this thread is, is to point out the hypocrisy of wanting a naked/purist form of classic/vanilla... and then that same person heading to heavily mod the game with the inevitable mods that will pop up (which seek to fill the gaps that the QoL changes have made over the years). Things like group finder. Which I have to say, IF people did that/do that... he'd be right. They would be hypocrites.

People will seek to create their own LFR.

I think while some of that may exist, I think the evidence from some of the more popular private servers suggests that the game mode will be just fine.

The ONLY struggle I see Vanilla/classic having, are the people that have just recently joined the hype train. Those that never really wanted it, those that really have no interest, and have no business being there, are going to taint the experience for those that have been asking for it for years. In that respect, the game mode will have some growing games.