Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'd go back to BC. Fuck the mere thought of going back to vanilla, though

It's not "unplayable" people just don't know what to expect that haven't tried it before, people that have been complaining BFA has been too grindy won't last a week in Vanilla WoW. 1-60 at a casual pace if you haven't played before can/will easily take upto 3+ months when you factor in the following

* No Dungeon finder
    * Downtime after every single monster (depending on class, some classes get/got it easier than others, warriors arguably being the worse off when solo)
    * Elite quests are genuinely hard as nails, you will need a group for them, some solid solo classes can do them but it's still difficult - Paladins, Frost Mages and Druids, Shamans are among those able to solo quite a few elite quests.

You get the idea.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

People troll, and people get trolled... this thread identifies this internet golden rule well.

Just let people that want to cry about classic cry. Let people that want to cry about people crying about classic cry. Just do what you want to do. Is it that hard?

Op misses the entire point of what made old versions of wow "fun". While I agree many vanilla things are retarded and should be changed, it's still a by miles more enjoyable experience than ANYTHING retail can offer starting right past WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    It's very playable. They need bug fixes, integrate the old game in the new engine to make it pretty and add some quality of life improvements (soul shards to stack, send more than 1 email things like that). I'm fine with not altering anything in regards to classes and mechanics to keep the vanilla "feel".
    And a thousand people will rage about how it's not "real vanilla" because a pixel was off. Or don't you see the #NoChanges in all the threads?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Why are people so hellbent against classic? Fuck off, let people have fun - it's better than the car crash that's BfA, from an era when Blizzard still cared.

I see this as Blizzard taking WoW down an alternate route, with player support a la OSRS. It will be so much better.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Then you don't play the game at the highest level. You don't need addons but Blizzard balances all the encounters assuming you have them. The people who always say addons are a crutch are the same people who die to the stupid stuff that a simple addon would fix.
    I'd say being raid leader of a guild that is currently progressing on Zul mythic is high level enough

10+ Year Old Account
    i used 0 addons during vanilla how dare you insult vanilla

-Proffesional Necromancer-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I'd say being raid leader of a guild that is currently progressing on Zul mythic is high level enough
    Then you're hurting your raid on purpose.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Then you're hurting your raid on purpose.
    I guess we're 20 people hurting each other so hard with our lack of addons that we got multiple cutting edges in a row

We've raided together without addons long enough now that we're used to playing without.We're doing that on purpose,and it works for us

10+ Year Old Account
    For being UNPLAYABLE, plenty of people did play it back in the day. And those that signed up for vanilla had never played it either.

We'll see how it goes. I'm skeptical myself but would be delighted to be proved wrong.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    It's not unplayable for the new generation, but it will definitely be very discouraging if they don't fix anything of the UI. Some things can be fixed with addons sure but what about most macros needing good understanding of the API to write scripts, or things that are just default with no way of changing like no auto loot? Hopefully they improve that aspect of the game or I don't see Classic retaining many new players.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, keep playing the RNG hell that is retail then

Dull end of pitchfork ready for duty! Run, boy.

On a more serious note, should this post not be locked on account of contributing f** all but kicking the hornets nest for kicks?
    Should not ANY user that drags another discussed-to-death topic, with the sole purpose of triggering people, up to the surface receive a swift life-time ban and an xxl turd in his/her mailbox?

EDIT: Unplayable for who? People who actively avoid laced shoes because tying laces hard kk???

Sincerely yours,
    sick and tired of scheiss shenanigans........
    Last edited by restokrek; 2018-10-20 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    Before you get your pichforks, I started WoW in summer of 2005 and have played retail ever since.

WoW has gotten a lot of quality of life changes over the years, things we take for granted now but have gotten used to, such as autodismount, shiftclicking on equipped items to replace items, stuff like that.

Vanilla WoW is will be damn near impossible to transition to for people used to the convinient new non-gameplay systems. How do I know that? Because people use like 30 addons to make vanilla wow "playable".

People who raid on a competetive level use like 30 addons lul. Should blizz update life quality changes for the things that people use addons for anyway?
    I agree that the switch to vanilla will take a lot of adjusting for modern players, even veterans like us who have continued to play retail since then. While we have a youtube video for just about every aspect of the game, and while every corner of Azeroth has long since been explored, Classic servers will never recapture the sense of wonder, community, and awe that the original vanilla WoW had. It's that spirit of the original, which causes us to remember Vanilla so fondly as a golden age. Without that rosy tint, the game is just grindy and primitive. Classic servers will feel incredibly old and outdated.

That being said, I don't think that will make the game unplayable. A lot of people will just be turned off after a few days of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before you get your pichforks, I started WoW in summer of 2005 and have played retail ever since.

WoW has gotten a lot of quality of life changes over the years, things we take for granted now but have gotten used to, such as autodismount, shiftclicking on equipped items to replace items, stuff like that.

Vanilla WoW is will be damn near impossible to transition to for people used to the convinient new non-gameplay systems. How do I know that? Because people use like 30 addons to make vanilla wow "playable".

People who raid on a competetive level use like 30 addons lul. Should blizz update life quality changes for the things that people use addons for anyway?
    Eh, I would call this a bit over exaggerated.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh, I would call this a bit over exaggerated.

Just a little bit lol.

I used more addons back then than I do today. Blizzard has incorporated so much from addons over the years that people just don't think about. Going back to it is a slap in the face, but not in a bad way, more like one of those " Oh Right " moments where you feel like you should have known that already.

let history write that chapter. we will see...

back when people had shitty machines with windows XP then yeah, compare that to the computers of now then there would be no need for addons =) only ones i needed back in vanilla were omen, and boss mods

I love how you seem to think 30 addons is a lot. Curse tells me I'm currently running 112.