Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    The problem is the Republicans have done a terrible job getting legislation through outside a tax cut (which was basically demanded by donors or the checks would stop coming in). Everything else the Republicans have done are executive orders and repealing regulations (which can be fixed easily) or stacking the judiciary (which is going to be a massive issue in the next 5-10 years). All the house does is get come committees going to shine a light on all the terrible stuff Trump has been doing and Republicans have been turning away from because they were already incompetent getting legislation through to begin with.
    Can't say much for the lower courts, but the Democrats have an effective mandate to pack the courts when they get back into power and a good portion of their voters will virtually demand it and given what all the Republicans have done, it is very much deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    How about Pelosi becomes President, makes Hillary her VP, Pelosi resigns and Hillary becomes president?
    If a Speaker was elevated (not elected) to PotUS, do they get carte blanche to name their own VP? Or is it #4 in line of PotUS? Or what?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The one that vote for racist vote today more left then right, fuck white cis men

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    How about Pelosi becomes President, makes Hillary her VP, Pelosi resigns and Hillary becomes president?
    Hey, that was a dream scenario thought by a lot of us!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    If a Speaker was elevated (not elected) to PotUS, do they get carte blanche to name their own VP? Or is it #4 in line of PotUS? Or what?
    If there is a vacancy in the Vice Presidency, the Senate chooses one. This is how Gerald Ford became president despite never having been elected.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    One week. How are people feeling about:

1) chances of Dems taking House

2) if Dems don't flip House, what happens to U.S.
    1) I feel their chances are about 86%.
    2) RIP America.

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    Isn't 80% or so of the US media left leaning, and the left hates Trump for being Trump. So it's hardly a surprise that he doesn't like them and they don't like him.
    Left of FOX yeah. The media is mostly pro-corporate America. The New York Times, for example, was 100% behind the Iraq war from the start. Not really a left wing position. And it was this media that really pushed hard on the BUT HER EMAILS narrative that Trump used to win the last election. The media was paid back quite handsomely by the tax cuts that Trump delivered to them in payment of their services.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    They do - same as if elected President had their VP resign. The Senate would have to confirm the nominee of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    1) I feel their chances are about 86%.
    2) RIP America.
    1) lol
    2) yeah - i figure if we can't get the change to start now, it's dead after this. the GOP will solidfy their hold on voting suppression and gerrymandering and we'll all walk off the abyss.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    One week. How are people feeling about:

1) chances of Dems taking House

2) if Dems don't flip House, what happens to U.S.
    1) Pretty good, though I really don't want to see Pelosi as the House Speaker. I don't have anything personally against her, I would just like to see some new blood in the role of leadership.

2) Don't really want to think about it.

With the House won though the brakes can be put on Trump's terrible agenda. And besides Trump already acts like a man-child, imagine how he'll act once the House is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Can't say much for the lower courts, but the Democrats have an effective mandate to pack the courts when they get back into power and a good portion of their voters will virtually demand it and given what all the Republicans have done, it is very much deserved.
    Its deserved but that's a route I would prefer not to go down. Right now Trump and Co are acting like this is the last election ever. I would prefer we set a 18 year term for Supreme Court justices. I always found it odd that someone who was born in the 1970s can rule and interpret policies in a way that were from the year 1950 until the year 2040 and expect people born in the 2000-2010s to accept these interpretations without issues.

I'll be shocked if the Dems don't flip the house. Just saying 86% chance doesn't really paint the whole picture. The forecasted median outcome is that the Dems gain 39 seats, while they only need 23 to flip. The GOP would have to win every single likely GOP, leaning GOP, and toss-up race.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Its deserved but that's a route I would prefer not to go down. Right now Trump and Co are acting like this is the last election ever. I would prefer we set a 18 year term for Supreme Court justices. I always found it odd that someone who was born in the 1970s can rule and interpret policies in a way that were from the year 1950 until the year 2040 and expect people born in the 2000-2010s to accept these interpretations without issues.
    That is about the only fair route left. Otherwise we have a supreme court packed with people who don't reflect the will of the nation as a whole and are overly partisan coupled with the fact we have an illegitimate justice due to the fact he is occupying a stolen seat and a potential serial rapist who committed perjury multiple times on television.

I have no issues with term limits for them, but it must absolutely be packed to remedy this situation.

I would gladly support both term and age limits, but this has to be fixed regardless as even an 18 year term limit would have this stolen seat selling out this nation with partisan policies that don't reflect the will of the people till my nieces and nephews who are still in elementary school are parents of their own.

They just ruled a few months ago that US workers have no right to due process against their employers with Gorsuch being the deciding vote proving they are not mentally willing or able to do their jobs to a satisfactory level and that was before Kavanaugh was thrown into the mix.

So now when its clear that one woman lies about Kavanaugh can we accept it or is he still a gangrapist even whenwe know its a lie?

- - - Updated - - -

When proof comes we kind of have to listen or is that bad? Science 2 sex is bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    So now when its clear that one woman lies about Kavanaugh can we accept it or is he still a gangrapist even whenwe know its a lie?

- - - Updated - - -

When proof comes we kind of have to listen or is that bad? Science 2 sex is bad...
    WTF are you talking about?

Google it, the gangrape is all made up

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    @Bodonius is probably drunk or something. Keeps posting rambling non-sequiturs all over the Politics board. Report and move on.

She backed down on it and her lawer that was thinking of going into president campain had to quit thinkingabout it because he said the next 2020 democrat should be a whilemale

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Check his post history. It's fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    @Bodonius is probably drunk or something. Keeps posting rambling non-sequiturs all over the Politics board. Report and move on.
    Ok, ask me a question, sure im drunk but thats not illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Check his post history. It's fascinating.
    His posting pattern reads like a bot, trying to write like a drunk and stoned human.