Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Oh look! Georgia's Secretary of State, Brian Kemp, who is now running for Governor is accusing the Dems of hacking two days before election. If true, this pos should have stepped down as Secretary, so no conflict of interest.
    It really is fucking stunning how blatant this guy's shittery has become,.
    A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    The first reason is that this might be true.
    Oh yea, we really have to worry about the self-serving conspiracy theory of a man abusing his position to manipulate an election in his favor.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    That bolded part is not going to happen. Have 3 years of trumpian politics still not erased your faith in that the republicans wont lie 100% of the time?
    I acknowledge Kemp is a useless lying tool, but even a broken clock is twice a day, but I don't trust democrats either. I trust them more then republicans, but that is a staggeringly low bar to clear. The opposite of evil is not always good, sometimes it is merely mediocrity, and occasionally even a slightly different brand of evil.

We have to be willing to subject our own side of the partisan picture to rational scrutiny, or else nobody disciplines the system. Blind faith always leads to corruption.

I view this the same as the Kavanaugh accusations. It is an extremely major accusation, and I want an investigation to get to the bottom of it. If it is true, we need to come down extremely hard on the guilty parties. If it isn't true, and was made up for political reasons, we need to make an example out of the false accusers. I do NOT want Brian Kemp to be in anyway involved in that investigation, and it is appalling that he thinks he can be. I also don't want this to be completely forgotten about by Wednesday morning. If you are going to make a claim like that, back it up.

I acknowledge Kemp is a useless lying tool, but even a broken clock is twice a day, but I don't trust democrats either. I trust them more then republicans, but that is a staggeringly low bar to clear. The opposite of evil is not always good, sometimes it is merely mediocrity, and occasionally even a slightly different brand of evil.

We have to be willing to subject our own side of the partisan picture to rational scrutiny, or else nobody disciplines the system. Blind faith always leads to corruption.

I view this the same as the Kavanaugh accusations. It is an extremely major accusation, and I want an investigation to get to the bottom of it. If it is true, we need to come down extremely hard on the guilty parties. If it isn't true, and was made up for political reasons, we need to make an example out of the false accusers. I do NOT want Brian Kemp to be in anyway involved in that investigation, and it is appalling that he thinks he can be. I also don't want this to be completely forgotten about by Wednesday morning. If you are going to make a claim like that, back it up.
    Yea, i get it. But still, republicans have a LOT to prove.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    I acknowledge Kemp is a useless lying tool, but even a broken clock is twice a day...
    False!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yea, i get it. But still, republicans have a LOT to prove.
    There we agree. I would put the chance of this being true as less then 10%. Still, we need to start holding Republicans responsible for their wild claims. Prove it. Get federal agencies involved and start getting actual evidence. And of course, Kemp absolutely has to recuse himself, or the entire thing is such a sham nobody should believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    False!
    Touche

There we agree. I would put the chance of this being true as less then 10%. Still, we need to start holding Republicans responsible for their wild claims. Prove it. Get federal agencies involved and start getting actual evidence. And of course, Kemp absolutely has to recuse himself, or the entire thing is such a sham nobody should believe it.
    Sadly, that's not going to happen though. It's kemp we're talking about, he's on Trump levels of corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Oh look! Georgia's Secretary of State, Brian Kemp, who is now running for Governor is accusing the Dems of hacking two days before election. If true, this pos should have stepped down as Secretary, so no conflict of interest.
    He has a history of false accusations of hacking. What seems to have happened is the Democrats discovered a vulnerability, reported it and now Kemp is trying to blame them for discovering the insecurity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that makes a lot of sense, and seems to be the accurate version of the story. So the democrats are being accused of committing a crime, when they actually reported a vulnerability.

For the record, voter registration in Georgia is horrible. I didn't have any problems voting, but nearly everyone else I talked too about it is either confused as to what they need, or else fighting with the system to be eligible. I have one co-worker that was waiting for a voter ID card, because she was told she needed one, despite the fact she has a Georgia drivers license, and hence doesn't even need one. She was told that she had to have one to vote, so she went through the whole hassle of applying for one for no reason. Now granted, some of this was basic research failure on her part, but the problem is the system is a confusing mess that seems to be deliberately designed to be a confusing mess, so less people will vote.

Reminder: Brian Kemp is the person in charge of that confusing mess, and shouldn't be considered for governor because he did an absolutely abysmal job in his current job! This is called failing upwards, and it never ceases to amaze me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Gotta look up a good drinking game on Tuesday. CNN is always fun to watch because of how dramatic they get. I can hear Wolf Blitzer now.

Mines simple.

For every time a Republican wins or retains a seat we thought was going to go blue, drink.

When Beto loses to Cruz, finish the entire bottle.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Mines simple.

For every time a Republican wins or retains a seat we thought was going to go blue, drink.

And if Beto Wins (unlikely but still).

10+ Year Old Account
    This is terrifying, for two completely separate reasons.

The first reason is that this might be true. If the Georgia Democratic party actually attempted to launch a cyber attack on the integrity of the election, then we are so royally fucked. That would leave neither party in any sort of position to defend the integrity of our republic, and we have no reason to believe that election results are actually the will of the people anymore. Goodness knows the republicans haven't cared about it for decades. I hope it isn't true, I suspect it isn't true, but we absolutely need to get to the bottom of it.

The second reason to be scared is that Brian Kemp was the one announcing it. I mean what the actual shit. How is the candidate for governor that is currently 1% away from his opponent announcing an investigation into his opponent 2 days before the election? That is some third world nonsense right there. Regardless of the credibility of this claim, the idea he didn't recuse himself the second he caught wind of this is terrifying. This reads like the preview for something Trump will try to pull in 2020 right before the election, right before he halts the election and remains president forever.

There is no good scenario here, this is the scariest development I have seen in this election cycle.
    You mean what they basically pulled with Hillary and Comey letter?

How he is allowed to run and be in charge of elections is insane.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Mines simple.

I can do that - except finishing the bottle. I really don't expect the state of Texas to let Beto win, regardless of the vote count. If that seat flips, the Dems could actually take the Senate.

- - - Updated - - -

This is terrifying, for two completely separate reasons.

The first reason is that this might be true. If the Georgia Democratic party actually attempted to launch a cyber attack on the integrity of the election, then we are so royally fucked. That would leave neither party in any sort of position to defend the integrity of our republic, and we have no reason to believe that election results are actually the will of the people anymore. Goodness knows the republicans haven't cared about it for decades. I hope it isn't true, I suspect it isn't true, but we absolutely need to get to the bottom of it.

The second reason to be scared is that Brian Kemp was the one announcing it. I mean what the actual shit. How is the candidate for governor that is currently 1% away from his opponent announcing an investigation into his opponent 2 days before the election? That is some third world nonsense right there. Regardless of the credibility of this claim, the idea he didn't recuse himself the second he caught wind of this is terrifying. This reads like the preview for something Trump will try to pull in 2020 right before the election, right before he halts the election and remains president forever.

There is no good scenario here, this is the scariest development I have seen in this election cycle.
    Agreed. Entirely. And the second possibility is far more likely that the first.

And this needs to be said as often as possible: how the man running for a seat is allowed to be in charge of counting the votes to determine the winner of that seat is seriously fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    and if his accusation is baseless, is there any legal recourse?

This is literally an attempt to swing the election

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I bet he's accusing the Democrats of hacking because a judge ruled against him for one of his other voter suppression tactics.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...ch-voting-case
    Holy fuck this guy should be in jail. I cannot believe this is happening in the United States. It feels like the news from some third-world banana republic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    and if his accusation is baseless, is there any legal recourse?

This is literally an attempt to swing the election
    I can't think of anything in law atm that the honest people could use to fight against this - and especially so close to the election. If he is ousted after winning, the Lt Gov takes over, not the elections loser.

Banana Republic time.

So who do you guys think the biggest upset will be. I am going with Bob Casey losing in PA

Stephen King tweeted today: "Iowans, for personal reasons I hope you’ll vote Steve King out. I’m tired of being confused with this racist dumbbell."
    https://twitter.com/StephenKing?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Turning serious issues into a joke is probably the best way to keep one's sanity these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dpark1023 View Post
    So who do you guys think the biggest upset will be. I am going with Bob Casey losing in PA
    Gonna go with the Republicans losing their 3 closest special election wins. So Handel, Lesko and Balderson

Biggest upset though hmmm, I'll have to think
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2018-11-05 at 01:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am prepared for disappointment, lay it on me.