Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    So did dems not take the house?
    Yeah. They have 229 atm
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Or to quote Trumps Lawyer, see if Kavanaugh pays off in blocking them.
    Limited abilities here. Especially since he will also be a target of an investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Not "officially" yet, but it's getting more and more likely that they'll take control.
    It would be nice to have republicans not completely in control of the government. I'm really not a fan of a single party being able to ignore the other and do what ever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by cainejw View Post
    So far Democrats have flipped 3 governor's seats and 15 house seats.
    Well the most talked about ones Florida, Georgia, and Texas.

Sadly lost.

Florida was Close, Democrats Conceding Texas so quickly is a bit suspicious (and hilarious)
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Not "officially" yet, but it's getting more and more likely that they'll take control.
    MSNBC reporting that Dems are already saying they will request Trumps tax returns

I can get the appeal of Trump, but Ted Cruz?? The dude is a slimeball both figuratively and literally. Like the dude lets Trump insult his wife and staunchly defends him a couple of months later.

7 more seats needed, but entire west coast isn't done voting yet.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Well the most talked about ones Florida, Georgia, and Texas were the main battleground states.

Sadly lost.

Florida was Close, Democrats Conceding Texas so quickly is suspicious.
    So basically you're saying the only states that validate or repudiate an electoral wave is the battle ground areas? That literally makes no sense as waves are categorized by global turnout and overall shifts. Not by a single or handful of races.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    There are rescues that will take them in. It also doesn't end it IMMEDIATLEY they have until 2020 to slowly end operations. So hopefully these dogs will be rescues (they probably will be).
    The problem lies in that dogs don't even make it to the track until 1.5 years, then retire later on top of all the ones that don't enjoy racing. It's not just Florida though, China just closed a major racetrack too, the organization I volunteer with just agreed to take in 30 dogs, more than they usually take in a year.

I'm concerned about the number of tracks closing - because I don't think there are enough homes. 5-7 years leaves for better planning and influx of retirees.

Please appoint Maxine Waters to a committee head, where she can most troll trump the most.

Just fyi, not a Waters fan, but now I'm in the position to Just Trigger the trumpkins.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    All I know is this board has gone off a cliff, and if you want my opinion on it, you're right there with them giving that extra push. And you're supposed to be better than that. You're supposed to be an example on the board, a former mod. I tried to embody this myself. But now everybody is bad faith and freaking out. It breaks my heart to remember what the discussions were like in 2011/2012, and where they are now. We can't even agree on basic stuff.

Anyway, I'm in deeper than I meant to go, I'm just frustrated with the state of political discussion here and at large. Gen OT is a microcosm of the greater national discourse; any of these discussions could be seen replicated on any other major platform, e.g., Twitter. So it's not some problem on the board, it's a national problem.
    Then stop trying to blame it all on the Democrats for all of it and acknowledge the huge part that the Tea Party and the modern-day GOP played in bringing us here if you want things to improve? Because one of the things that is really driving a lot of the outrage from the left is the selective amnesia that the GOP and many conservatives suddenly developed in 2016. Own up to the partisan shitbaggery that McConnell, Ryan, and their ilk did that helped to significantly grow the partisan divide and then maybe people will be able to start bridging that gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Life Capital View Post
    I can get the appeal of Trump, but Ted Cruz?? The dude is a slimeball both figuratively and literally. Like the dude lets Trump insult his wife and staunchly defends him a couple of months later.
    for a lot of people especially baby boomers all you need is that R.

It would be nice to have republicans not completely in control of the government. I'm really not a fan of a single party being able to ignore the other and do what ever they want.
    This line of thinking is toxic when the republican party is as bad as it is right now. There are literally 0 upsides to having republicans in our government now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but ods are now the highest I have seen. 93.5% to win...

Oh and for those wondering what I got... a bunch of stuff, but am opening Dirty Girl by Willies reserve first.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, but ods are now the highest I have seen. 93.5% to win...

Oh and for those wondering what I got... a bunch of stuff, but am opening Dirty Girl by Willies reserve first.
    MSNBC is already calling it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    It breaks my heart to remember what the discussions were like in 2011/2012, and where they are now. We can't even agree on basic stuff.
    My name didn’t change, did yours? I can start naming names of how things didn’t change from 2011/2012 in the way you are describing, but I got infracted for it last time. I remember everyone’s old names...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I just want to leave this here and hopefully bash it into Democrat leadership's head over the next two years:

https://twitter.com/bencasselman/sta...14973940887552

This tweet went viral in 2014. Not quite as clear-cut this year, but similar pattern: Bunch of left-leaning initiatives on track to pass (min. wage, Medicaid expansion, marijuana legalization, felon voting), while GOP holds Senate and performs better in House than many expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    MSNBC is already calling it lol.
    NBC and Bloomberg sent me alerts of Dems taking house so far.

They're taking United States election results, on thumb drives, and driving them to election headquarters.

That's happening.

I feel like this is a great premise for a movie.

They're taking United States election results, on thumb drives, and driving them to election headquarters.

That's happening.
    We really need a modernization of USA elections. I know people are bitching about states rights and such but we really need a standardized set of standards when it comes to voting in this country...