Page 47 of 147 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Agreed, makes me glad I don't have kids.

But still sucks watching my nieces and nephews futures being sold out to these traitors and watching too many cheering it because they are either too busy, too lazy, or too scared to learn how the world works beyond their own doorstep. And I am not even talking internationally, I am talking just Domestically.
    But both sides!

And Antifa!

And don't forget about Hillary!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Apparently you can take selfies here now, no idea why it matters one way or the other, but they mentioned it on the news.
    An outdated law made it a felony to take pictures in the booth.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    The world is watching, and judging.

Trump is hardly getting any legislation through now with the GOP having the majority in both houses, which is an achievement in itself ;-)
    Indeed, we are judging. If they fuck it up again, I'll not hold back in my criticism. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my gut feeling prediction for the mid terms.

House: Republicans- 220 Democrats- 215.

Senate: Republicans- 55 Democrats- 45.

However, I would not be surprised if the Democrats retake the House, but would be if they retake the Senate.

Of the two branches of Congress, I consider the Senate more important.

But I thought Trump would lose the 2016 election. So I certainly could be wrong.

Today at the little rural polling station we vote in, did not notice any extra traffic. About like it was in the 2016 election. Only took me 10 mins to drive there and did not have to wait in line.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Indeed, we are judging. If they fuck it up again, I'll not hold back in my criticism. :P
    Well those Trumpetiers are sneaky little bastards. As we all know, their candidate became president eventhough the majority of the population voted against Trump in 2016. I'm curious how they are gonna twist and turn now.

But for now i'm joining you in being neutral, for now.

GO VOTE YOU FOOLS !!!
    Last edited by Adolecent; 2018-11-06 at 08:23 PM.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Over the last month the chance of GOP keeping control of the House has gone from about 26% to 12%. Median projection for Dem House seats is around 233. That 12% involves Dems losing every single "lean D" and "toss-up" while also losing every single "lean GOP."

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Apparently you can take selfies here now, no idea why it matters one way or the other, but they mentioned it on the news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    Interesting. All the polling places here explicitly say to turn off cell phones.
    The laws vary by state. My state does not allow phones period in the voting "booth."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Over the last month the chance of GOP keeping control of the House has gone from about 26% to 12%. Median projection for Dem House seats is around 233. That 12% involves Dems losing every single "lean D" and "toss-up" while also losing every single "lean GOP."
    Don't get my hopes up. I've been burned too many times recently.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Don't get my hopes up. I've been burned too many times recently.
    I was actually wrong about the Lean GOP races. So that should make you feel better. But according to all the numbers I'm seeing, chance of GOP retaining the House is... not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I was actually wrong about the Lean GOP races. So that should make you feel better. But according to all the numbers I'm seeing, chance of GOP retaining the House is... not good.
    Also considering that al ot of models do not consider first time voters in their data (in order to be more conservative with the results), the odds for the GOP for keeping the house are grim.
    Even then, i'm cautiously optimistic.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Also considering that al ot of models do not consider first time voters in their data (in order to be more conservative with the results), the odds for the GOP for keeping the house are grim.
    Even then, i'm cautiously optimistic.
    Yes, all of the polls are of "likely voters" so "unlikely voters" are not counted and so far it looks like the unlikely voters are actually voting this time which could skew things further away from what the polls say.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm saying Dems by 10 in the House, and the GOP barely holds on to the Senate at 50-50.

But I also have a VERY bad feeling about this whole thing. The GOP does it's best work in suppressing voters and ignoring votes cast. Georgia is a perfect example.
    And of course you had idiot Trump supporters chanting "four more years" at a rally yesterday. If they actually think he's on the ballot and show up to vote who knows what'll happen. And Im half serious lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, all of the polls are of "likely voters" so "unlikely voters" are not counted and so far it looks like the unlikely voters are actually voting this time which could skew things further away from what the polls say.
    Don't jinx it, ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    And of course you had idiot Trump supporters chanting "four more years" at a rally yesterday. If they actually think he's on the ballot and show up to vote who knows what'll happen. And Im half serious lol.
    Is that the legit proof that the average Trump voter can't count beyond 2?

I voted even though my vote really only matters for two state amendments. Better to vote than to not vote at all imo. I was honestly expecting a line, last year had a 10 min wait in my area, but there was no one there at the same time of day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I voted even though my vote really only matters for two state amendments. Better to vote than to not vote at all imo. I was honestly expecting a line, last year had a 10 min wait in my area, but there was no one there at the same time of day lol.
    At which hour did you go?
    it may very well be that people voted sooner than you (i mean, it's a possibility)

Remember to Vote!

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    At which hour did you go?
    it may very well be that people voted sooner than you (i mean, it's a possibility)
    Noon today and last time as well. I wanna bet its just the fact that fewer people vote in midterms generally, I just found it kind of odd really given 2014 still had a mild wait, but that was at a different time of day.

Not much in Louisiana either. Just a few amendments and whether to allow fantasy sports betting in the parishes. Honestly can't wait for the midterms to be over so the level of smug can decrease.

Don't jinx it, ffs.
    Well, it's not like I can really do anything. I live in a blue district and governor is a commanding lead for Democrat and senate is 2 democrats facing off. All I get to do is sit back and watch and hope other people don't fuck this up.

Don't jinx it, ffs.
    Cautiously optimistic, that's the way to go