Poll: What Are You Voting As In Midterms

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What Are You Voting As In Midterms?

I’ll be voting Democrat. It’s time to get these redshirts out of office
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Let's see, of the big 3 races I have:
    Governor: Democrat vs. Trumpkin
    Senator: Democrat vs. Democrat
    Congressman: Democrat vs. Republican that supports all of Trump's stuff except trade.

So, probably Democrat on all 3 of those. State level representatives and stuff will be less, um, polarized I guess. They tend to have policies they want to enact that don't always align with party so have to look at those individually.

Whatever party is against the democrats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Exhibit A: What the Republican party has become. Not a party that stands for anything, just a bunch who have fallen so low that their only goal in life is to be against and trigger others.

And the funny part is, they're always the ones calling others bullies.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd personally vote Green party if I thought they stood a chance in hell at winning, but they don't, and Democrats are the next best thing to reigning in this country's stint of insanity led by Republicans and Trump.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Exhibit A: What the Republican party has become. Not a party that stands for anything, just a bunch who have fallen so low that their only goal in life is to be against and trigger others.

And the funny part is, they're always the ones calling others bullies.
    I want things to stay pretty much the way they are besides being even rougher on China. Democrats stand for higher taxes and more social programs and minority bullshit so no thanks. Anyone standing against that gets my vote.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-10-17 at 08:13 AM.

I've voted and donated Republican for everything except President - literally everything - since 2002. For places where Republicans didn't run, I left blank. A vote is assent.

This will be my first election in my entire life where I vote Democrat on every candidate for every office. I am extremely excited about it.

I don't expect my candidates to win across the board. My Governor, Republican Charlie Baker, is a good governor who advances policies I believe in. When he ran for election in 2014, I not only voted for him but I donated to the tun of $500. As governor he has on the virtue of his work, rightly earned a second term. In another year, I would do the same.

But I still will not be voting for him.

The key litmus this year for candidates is where they stand versus Donald Trump, the illegitimate President of the United States who destroys norms, lies about basically everything, befreinds autocrats, attacks the free press and the judiciary, and is a would-be autocrat. Charlie Baker, who did not support Trump for President in 2016, has mostly kept his head down versus Trump, despite being America's most popular governor. It's political cowardice of the first order.

Because of this, I will be voting for his Democratic opponent, Jay Gonzalez, who I have donated $1000 to. Gonzalez is likely to lose and advocates few policies I'm interested in, but as Governor he would be a vocal opponent of Trump in one of the country's richest states, as opposed to Charlie Baker who who doing his part in bringing truth to the saying "for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing."

So this year, for the first time, I am enthusiastically voting Democrat. Everywhere.

I am not a convert to what Democrats want, but I truly believe that Donald Trump is the moral test of our time, and a Democratic Party, augmented by ex-Republicans like myself and right of center independents who have fled the Republican Party that has knelt to trump, can stop him.

I want to destroy Donald Trump and everything he stands for. I want his supporters to fall on their face in despair. This is more than just an election. It is an act of punishment upon those whom when the time came to defend our shared American values, failed the test of a life time.

A Democratic House in 2019 will impeach Donald Trump, and if Mueller has the goods - and he should - it will bring an end to this terrible chapter in American history. A Democratic House should expand in 2020, coupled with a Democratic Senate that year (not this one) and hopefully a Democratic President, to legislatively undo the crazed and un-Americans ambitions of the deplorables.

I am proud to vote Democrat to restore order, sanity, decency and respect for the rule of law, to the United States.

15+ Year Old Account
    Republican
    Sadly I can't vote because I'm not American and not 18 yet either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    You mean like democrats/former democrats voting for someone BECAUSE they don't like Trump? Liberals shut people down because of their genitals and skin color every day.. and we are supposed to believe that THEY are the arbiters of civility and a just society?

I am voting Republican because finally my state has candidate that meets my personal and moral requirements to merit my vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I've voted and donated Republican for everything except President - literally everything - since 2002. For places where Republicans didn't run, I left blank. A vote is assent.

This will be my first election in my entire life where I vote Democrat on every candidate for every office. I am extremely excited about it.

I don't expect my candidates to win across the board. My Governor, Republican Charlie Baker, is a good governor who advances policies I believe in. When he ran for election in 2014, I not only voted for him but I donated to the tun of $500. As governor he has on the virtue of his work, rightly earned a second term. In another year, I would do the same.

But I still will not be voting for him.

The key litmus this year for candidates is where they stand versus Donald Trump, the illegitimate President of the United States who destroys norms, lies about basically everything, befreinds autocrats, attacks the free press and the judiciary, and is a would-be autocrat. Charlie Baker, who did not support Trump for President in 2016, has mostly kept his head down versus Trump, despite being America's most popular governor. It's political cowardice of the first order.

Because of this, I will be voting for his Democratic opponent, Jay Gonzalez, who I have donated $1000 to. Gonzalez is likely to lose and advocates few policies I'm interested in, but as Governor he would be a vocal opponent of Trump in one of the country's richest states, as opposed to Charlie Baker who who doing his part in bringing truth to the saying "for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing."

So this year, for the first time, I am enthusiastically voting Democrat. Everywhere.

I am not a convert to what Democrats want, but I truly believe that Donald Trump is the moral test of our time, and a Democratic Party, augmented by ex-Republicans like myself and right of center independents who have fled the Republican Party that has knelt to trump, can stop him.

I want to destroy Donald Trump and everything he stands for. I want his supporters to fall on their face in despair. This is more than just an election. It is an act of punishment upon those whom when the time came to defend our shared American values, failed the test of a life time.

A Democratic House in 2019 will impeach Donald Trump, and if Mueller has the goods - and he should - it will bring an end to this terrible chapter in American history. A Democratic House should expand in 2020, coupled with a Democratic Senate that year (not this one) and hopefully a Democratic President, to legislatively undo the crazed and un-Americans ambitions of the deplorables.

I am proud to vote Democrat to restore order, sanity, decency and respect for the rule of law, to the United States.
    And this is, definitionally, Virtue Signalling.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

For the party that doesn't hate white people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Love you GreenJesus!

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post

You don't get to wash your hands of your moral culpability by accusing others of "virtue signalling" (a dumb, post-modern phrase if I've ever heard one by the way) when they take action against your political agenda.

I'm a conservative. Been one as long as I can remember, and anyone voting Republican this fall is voting for the debasement of conservatism and American values.

Frankly, I await the emergence of the Honest Trumpkin who will at least own up to the total abandonment of American principles and morality, in the name of advancing a radical right-wing agenda.

I think I'll keep waiting. The trumpkins know what they want. Precisely zero have the balls to own up to it. Cowards one and all.

Party before country is how you get Trump and ruining the country bit by bit. Good for you though having no morals.

- - - Updated - - -

I want things to stay pretty much the way they are besides being even rougher on China.
    So wanting things worse while failing at a trade war against china. You want that again, why?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Republican
    Sadly I can't vote because I'm not American and not 18 yet either
    This is probably the best microcosm of the average online Trump-Supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    For the party that doesn't hate white people.
    What party is that? Because it isn't Democrats. Since Democrats are mostly white, but don't hate the minorities like Republicans do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    What party is that? Because it isn't Democrats. Since Democrats are mostly white, but don't hate the minorities like Republicans do.
    Its Kamov, an even worse version of Healing Rain.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    You mean like democrats/former democrats voting for someone BECAUSE they don't like Trump? Liberals shut people down because of their genitals and skin color every day.. and we are supposed to believe that THEY are the arbiters of civility and a just society?

I am voting Republican because finally my state has candidate that meets my personal and moral requirements to merit my vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, you mean, voting for the other candidate because you don't like the candidate? Beyond that, like most folks on here, I suspect you've probably never seen a liberal outside of Facebook memes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I’ll be voting Democrat. It’s time to get these redshirts out of office
    I need coffee!
    Last edited by zenkai; 2018-10-17 at 12:02 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm not voting by party so your poll is useless.
    He has a selection for independents. Which I use to be one. Not a registered Republican, but the Democrats have gone off into the deep end and as such, I am voting for whomever has a ( R ) next to their name.

But a poll like this on this forum is pretty useless when it is visited by so many liberals and non US citizens.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-10-17 at 11:54 AM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He has a selection for independents. Which I use to be one. Not a registered Republican, but the Democrats have gone off into the deep end and as such, I am voting for whomever has a ( R ) next to their name.

But a poll like this on this forum is pretty useless when it is visited by so many liberals and non US citizens.
    I think part of their problem is they only thing on a national level and not a local level. Also thank you for pointing that out, I haven't had coffee yet and stopped reading when I saw parties

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

Literally nobody is surprised by this, and nobody thinks you would have ever done anything different.