Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've never left because of the players' behavior or mistakes. The only times I have left is when someone else left.

My key?

If we wipe during Bloodlust on the first boss I'm out. I'm not healing 370 players that struggle to pull 7k single target while Bloodlusted when most dungeons have a dpscheck somehwere.

Someone else's key?

I will never be the first person to leave. If players are messing up badly to simple shit then that can be explained in text, and if someone is raging then Ignore works just fine.

Just don't be terrible in MY groups, ya know? I'm not gonna be terrible in yours. Common courtesy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any tank I deem as having an attitude. No key is better then dealing with some kiddy thinking he's gods gift to wow for rolling a blood dk
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I'm VERY lenient with people I know, as typically I know I may potentially carrying the key something fierce... but that's my choice.

When it's a random group, I have a high tolerance for mistakes, but it's important to know when you need to cut your losses. I've almost never been the first to leave a group, and the one or two times I did it was likely because the DPS or the play of the group was so terrible that I knew it'd be impossible to finish. Doesn't mean I just leave without a word, I'll be respectful and apologize for leave while telling the group I don't think the group has a chance at completing the key.

I typically pug keys on my lesser alts, so I've seen the less-than-stellar attitudes that fly around as well as terrible play. Quickest I had a group fall apart was doing a +2 Waycrest, where the leader did a readycheck, the keyholder almost immediately started they key with one person locked out and me barely being able to change specs before the key started. The tank (the keyholder) started telling me in Spanish, which fortunately I know enough to get by, to follow him and not touch anything as he ran ahead and aggro'd all the trash between the beginning and the pig boss room entrance on a Fortified week... upon which he almost immediately died because he was a monk tank and just shot ahead and LoS'd everyone. Upon dying, he again said some not-so-nice things again in Spanish to the entire group that's not suitable for repeating (the nice version is that we all sucked), and left the group. The healer was so confused because they didn't know Spanish, so at least I could explain what happened.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    All depends on the mindset I have at the time. Im pretty much committed to Tol'Dagor atm because I want my 2nd Glaive from there, so I'm a bit less inclined of bailing out of that one.

That said, if I already had that weapon I would have left yesterday (+9). The tank had zero situational awareness bodypulling whatever was near him, he marked for CC and then broke the CC himself (sometimes he wanted a CC, marked it with skull - in a pug, lol - and then went on dps-ing the other mobs right next to it breaking the CC with maul/trash..... And then had to audacity of asking who broke the CC ). Next to the tank I didn't pay attention to the group but the leader was actually boosting his friend in a +9, while the dude had ilvl 345 or something silly.

That run went almost 30 minutes over the timer with 64 deaths. I didn't want to leave it because I want every shot at that weapon and the time spend in there was a loss already, I just hoped for the drop but that ofc didn't come. Next time I land in a group like this I probably am going to leave it. And I learned to do a quick inspect of the party before even engaging, something there wasn't really any need for prior to yesterday.

Someone else leaving or the group agreeing that it doesn't really make sense to continue anymore (had that happen on last boss in COEN back in Legion on a tyrannical week).

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time i've left M+ run was an eye of azhara run, some high key we were undergeared for, tyranical and shit, and we just couldn't kill the last boss. We didn't have enough DPS until damage was unhealable. We tried 25+ times and called it a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    I only leave when there is no chance that we will do it and usually thats after a couple other have left.

Holy shit, so many of you leaving simply because of what you call a "toxic" comment or remark. At the same time you claim that you can go on for hours if nobody is mean. How about you just mute the player(s) in question, and there you go, now you can stop being hypocritical. You are welcome.

ot: I only leave if we are undergeared and there's no chance in hell we can complete it. Sometimes I have to mute all 4 of them. But atleast I push through and finish, most of the time anyway.

Not really sure, ive never left a m+run first be4.
    Its always been someone else who bolted, usually at the first wipe.

Spending half the timer on the 1st boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Haawken View Post
    Holy shit, so many of you leaving simply because of what you call a "toxic" comment or remark. At the same time you claim that you can go on for hours if nobody is mean. How about you just mute the player(s) in question, and there you go, now you can stop being hypocritical. You are welcome.

ot: I only leave if we are undergeared and there's no chance in hell we can complete it. Sometimes I have to mute all 4 of them. But atleast I push through and finish, most of the time anyway.
    Innappropriate behaviour needs to be severely punished. So: reporting, muting and leaving. Only muting is not enough.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

I left a +9 5 mins in today, because I had use the bathroom, and it was going to be awhile. snuck up on me. felt horrible about it.

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Innappropriate behaviour needs to be severely punished. So: reporting, muting and leaving. Only muting is not enough.
    imo leaving is time theft, and should also be severely punished - 24hr deserter debuff atleast.

imo leaving is time theft, and should also be severely punished - 24hr deserter debuff atleast.
    I agree. But if there's a good reason (not wanting to deal with assholes that can't behave according to the ToS), leaving should be possible. Let the people that can't act normally suffer. Deplete their keys, again and again.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Well, the people leaving are often those who find themselves in an unexpectedly difficult situation (whether toxic behaviour, a group that's too undergeared/incompetent, ...). With your idea, shouldn't we punish first the people who actively set up the situation, like the 345 ilvl char advertising a smooth +9 that can't be manageable?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    twitch speak
    Can you explain to me what that means?

10+ Year Old Account
    if the group fucks up too much, before we get to a boss, I ain't gonna stick around to see how the group is going to handle bosses etc. tbh, i really don't care about keys being ruined.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

I was on waycrest +7 this week on my 362 ilvl alt. 15.5k hps overall on fucking +7 still it was my fault people left. Pugs stay in pools and want me to overheal it.

Rly alt pugging can be chamlenging

SOmeone to leave first and evidence that we can not 4man it