Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    no one waits unfortunately, I miss the 3 sunder before dps mentality that people had but that was just to accommodate bad tanks not actually necessary you pretty much do the same as it was in TBC>WOTLK, Just give the tank a second breather and then go ham or kill non elites first, having tanked a lot of classic content i've never met a group that would wait you just had to pick up the pace yourself and pool rage, gear helps too.

also to note a lot of warrior post 1.6 or 1.5 were not prot spec because it had no shield slam and threat modifier was not as good, I think that may of contributed to that mentality which carried on for the remainder of classic.
    I was prot on my warrior the whole way. Hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    With people knowing that Warr is the only choice for tank etc. I think there will not be THAT of an issue as it was in the past, but still as always there will be some shortage.
    It's not. It's the only choice for a competitive raiding guild. Druids are fine for everything else.

EDIT: You can even tank most dungeons as a Resto PvP specced Druid, if you have proper gear.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2018-10-21 at 12:38 PM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    What do you think will be the hardest to find; tank or healer?

My experience were that it was WAAY harder to find tanks but interested in hearing other peoples experiences.
    Come leveling you can be specced as a dps warrior and still tank if you have a shield and a 1h. The same goes for healers.

Tanks and or healers will be everywhere. You just have to find one willing to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I started wow in BC when sunder was still around and I am not found of the idea of tab targeting sunder again, hell no. So I'll play hunter and live the Misdirection dream <3
    MD is a BC ability, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Tanks are in high demand for 5mans, but not for raids (since you really only need 3 "main" tanks in a raid)

Tons of warriors, but most of them are DPS.
    Cause dps warrior is fun, tho i lvl a warrior i tank dungeons and if other warriors ask me to tank i tell them to tank themselves even if they reply i am dps then i reply so am i!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Cause dps warrior is fun, tho i lvl a warrior i tank dungeons and if other warriors ask me to tank i tell them to tank themselves even if they reply i am dps then i reply so am i!
    Tanking in dps gear is more fun, believe me.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Tanking in dps gear is more fun, believe me.
    Yea but the point was the other warrior didnt want to tank he expected another warrior to do the job for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Yea but the point was the other warrior didnt want to tank he expected another warrior to do the job for him.
    Tanks usually have a say in what happens in the group, so just request the guy to be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, there will be never an abundance of tanks in wow, no matter which version
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I'm tank "in soul". I've tanked majority of my WoW career, I started to play in very late BC and started to raid in WotLK. And I always found that it's hard to find spot as a tank. I'm not talking about PuG dungeons, of course, but about having a raid spot as a main spec tank. In retail there are 20 players in a raid (more like 25-30 with benched people) and 2 tanks are needed (tanks are usually stable enough so no replacement is needed for them). With classic there are 40 players in a raid and, AFAIK, only 2 tanks are needed for majority of fights. So do you think that it would be incredibly hard to get that spot? How was it back then? How is it on private servers (not sure if they are comparable, never played there).

I don't care about difficulty of leveling up or farming, that's not a concern for me. I can level hunter alt for farming if it's absolutely necessary or buy gold, whatever.
    I played in vanilla and I've played on most of the popular vanilla private servers since 2012 and lack of tanks was almost always a problem. I've myself been the MT of BWL clearing guilds as well as OT and fury for AQ/Naxx clearing guilds and I find that a great portion of fury warriors are either unwilling, or downright refuse to tank, especially at lower raid tiers. Also, 2 will not be enough for most fights in 40man raiding.

Depending on the state of your guilds progress, raid composition, tactics used and gear it'll look something like this:

MC:
    Lucifron: 3 tanks
    Magmadar: 1 tank
    Gehennas: 3 tank
    Garr: 1-7 tanks
    Geddon: 1 tank
    Shazzrah: 3-5 tanks
    Sulfuron Harbinger: 4-5 tanks
    Golemagg the Incinerator: 2-3 tanks
    Majordomo Executus: 4-5 tanks
    Ragnaros: 2-3 tanks

BWL:
    Razorgore the Untamed: 4-5 tanks
    Vaelastrasz the Corrupt: 1-4 tanks
    Broodlord Lashlayer: 2-3 tanks
    Firemaw: 3-4 tanks
    Ebonroc: 3-4 tanks
    Flamegor: 3-4 tanks
    Chromaggus: 2 tanks
    Nefarian: 4 tanks

AQ40:
    The Prophet Skeram: 4-6 tanks
    Three Bugs: 4-6 tanks
    Battleguard Sartura: 4-6 tanks
    Fankriss the Unyielding: 3-5 tanks
    Viscidus: 1 tank
    Princess Huhuran: 1 tank
    Twin Emperors: 3-4 tanks
    Ouro: 3 tanks
    C'Thun: 3 tanks

Naxx:
    Patchwerk: 4 tanks
    Grobbulus: 2 tanks
    Gluth: 2-3 tanks
    Thaddius: 2 tanks
    Noth the Plaguebringer: 4-5 tanks
    Heigan the Unclean: 1 tank
    Loatheb: 1 tank
    Anub'Rekhan: 3 tanks
    Grand Widow Faerlina: 3-4 tanks
    Maexxna: 1 tank
    Instructor Razuvious: 3-4 tanks
    Gothik the Harvester: 4-6 tanks
    The Four Horsemen: 6-8 tanks (6 is absolute minimum to actually do it, 8 is recommended)
    Sapphiron: 1 tank
    Kel'Thuzad: 3-5 tanks

Please note that I use the term "tank" pretty losely as most of the tank duties above can be performed by fury warriors in tank gear, or sometimes even with just a shield slapped on.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

At first, probably.

Because some people will try to become the "Tank guy" and even level as Prot, some might try Prot Pally.

However on the long run, i think you'll encounter the usual tank drought along with a abudance of Dps Warriors unwilling to tank under any circumstance.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a raidspot as a fulltime tank is hard, that spot is usually filled by the creators of a guild, and some trusted friends. Cause a tank suddently leaving can be devestating to a guild.

A regular raid setup usually contains 3 prot warriors and 5-6 dps warriors. And all of the dps warriors will be required to tank at some point. So if you create a warrior and intend to raid, get ready to tank or you will be lowest priority for a raidspot, cause you are useless in organized raiding, and a mage, warlock or a usefull dps warrior will take your spot once the raidgroup are stable enough to drop you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You a betting man?
    I will take that bet. BfA has more players than the entirety of vanilla and all these people who live in a dream world thinking they know about vanilla because they play on a private server now are in for a huge shock. Classic in no way will match retail. There is an entire generation of instant gratification players that will not last a week on classic when they find out it is not like a private server.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    MD is a BC ability, sorry.
    Rip fuck me then, guess I'll just enjoy the time I get to afk every single pull as the tank gets threat lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    The dream of using an ability that didn't exist for another 3 expansions?
    another 3?

Vanilla
    BC(1)
    Wrath(2)
    Cata(3)

MD existed before cata, but it was already pointed out to me, I'll just alt tab every pull while tank gets threat ggez
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINGBRODADDY View Post
    yes

https://s.nimbusweb.me/share/2193217...1ky0qo2zrz203y

But most of those warriors are fury.

You only need to be prot for raids, and can tank as arms/fury with very little issue, however lots of warriors refuse to tank for whatever reason.
    As always: private server statistics won't be representative on how's it actually gonna be on retail. Not only does this specific private server use 1.12 stats mainly, but also a lot of core mechanics are just backported from TBC and everything from aura stacking, auto attacks and even glancing Blows are straight up bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Rip fuck me then, guess I'll just enjoy the time I get to afk every single pull as the tank gets threat lol

- - - Updated - - -

another 3?

Vanilla
    BC(1)
    Wrath(2)
    Cata(3)

MD existed before cata, but it was already pointed out to me, I'll just alt tab every pull while tank gets threat ggez
    That is the essence of Vanilla. The "GOGOGO" mentality and ADHDPS has no place there.

the first real test is probably vael, you need like 5 ppl that can tank him as he'll kill a tank every 30 seconds. that is the first real test imo, gearing everyone up to down him, but your dps warriors will need to sponge tank gear so they aren't two shotted. I think we had 3 or 4 dps warriors, they all had to tank for vael. which means they all need some level of tank gear.

I think ppl will take what they learned the first time and guilds that try to reach naxx will most likely have warrior alts that they'll gear up for 4h. I don't think it would be as big of an issue as it was when your kinda just faced with a fight that requires 8 tanks and you weren't prepared for it.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2018-10-21 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Come leveling you can be specced as a dps warrior and still tank if you have a shield and a 1h. The same goes for healers.

Tanks and or healers will be everywhere. You just have to find one willing to do it.
    IME more people are willing to heal than tank.

On the other hand, pre-40 a shaman, rogue and even a pet can tank.

Well since it’s vanilla you’re bound to find yourself a spot, you’ll almost instantly find yourself in UBRS/LBRS/scholo/mara/ST/BRD for all the pre-bis and early attunement stuff, if you don’t have a raid spot, then you being online and available will kickstart ZG pugs, and if you’re a quality tank you will inevitably get a raid spot eventually.

And not only that, if you roll warrior at launch and everyone knows you’re tanking at 60, you’ll have a raid spot come 60. The only way the above sentence is even relevant is if you reach 60 late and behind the realm curve.

Deleted
    Tanks didn't deal that much damage compared to today. They were painfully slow.
    I think a lot of people wont spend gold to change their talent tree and just stick with dps and dont tank.