Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    After having a big break from Wow, I have returned and before purchase of bfa, I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation. The world objectives give like 150 and the respawn time is very slow. Thanks Blizzard

Requested bfa refund and sub , this is a shitty implementation post bfa launch.
    Sooo... You had a big break and you returned to the game, what did you expect? Blizzard to shower you with gifts for returning? You missed a lot of story and content, if you want it, you'll have to get it.

TL: DR for the OP, Returned to game and wanted something that I didn't have but I didn't want to work for it, so I quit again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea gona have to play the game and earn the reward, sorry bro

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Try again what?

1) OP complain about race locked behind exalted rep.
    2) I said that adding new races to rep may be consequence of constant whining about meaningless reward for exalted reps.
    3) You talk some shit about horses and MAUs which has nothing to do with my point.
    Making it so that one race is locked behind one exaled BfA rep doesn't fix the issue of exalted rewards being unsless, that is a 16.67% fix at best, if you happen to care about that one allied race. I pointed out the real reason for them doing it, even if you want to be obtuse and pretend it's because "people" were "whining" about pointless exalted reps. Your attempt at a comback failed, just move on before you embarrass yourself further.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Allied races are for players who put extra effort in the game.

You want to unlock allied races? work to get it.
    You want full mythic gear? work to get it.

Same shit.
    But what if rep grinds aren't work and they're just lame? I'd rather mage tower OR do a bunch of story-filled, interesting quests. Like, I got exalted with the Nightfallen during Legion, and if you told me "man, you sure put work into that", I'd look at you like if you're stoned out of your mind.
    Last edited by Biske; 2018-10-21 at 12:23 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Also, I don't get how people can call it "old content" when they haven't actually done it yet. Surely then, it's still new content to you.

Go out there and witness it like hundreds of thousands of players already have.

Allied races were advertised as part of BFA, yes, but if you actually go read the article/page about them, it also says that you have to earn their respect, which usually means reputation.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    After having a big break from Wow, I have returned and before purchase of bfa, I read all of new bfa features on official website, I subbed to play an allied race from scratch, but now I need to return to ols content and grind a slow reputation. The world objectives give like 150 and the respawn time is very slow. Thanks Blizzard

So, you read all the new bfa features on the official website? Well then, I can only assume that you also read the info regarding allied races right? Because you read ALL of the new features. Good, well then, I'd hate to break it to you, but the *very* first thing you'll read on the off. website regarding allied races is this: "Venture forth as one of the new playable Allied Races in Battle for Azeroth. Earn the respect of the Nightborne, Lightforged draenei, and other noble allies, and you’ll unlock the ability to create new prestige characters of that race."

Now, the keywords here are "earn the respect" (that means grind to exalted) and "you'll unlock" (which means you have to do SOMETHING to get these races, other than wiggle your creditcard at your screen).

However, since you "read all of the new bfa features on the off. website" you clearly already knew this... Right?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    *Laughs in Void Elf because I actually did the work to unlock the reward*
    So did I. That doesn't make the unlock mechanism any less terrible for those who didn't play the end of Legion.

They gave us a weekend free before BFA, sure, not enough for the rep grind but it's enough to get you to come back and grind the rep out before BFA, there was a month + of time when that free weekend came out before BFA, more than enough to hit exalted.

I think Blizzard's stance is they are trying to weed out the 'less loyal' crowd, because these are the most impatient ones and complain the most.

Don't like it, make your own game!

But seriously yea it's a stupid requirement now. Get your money back and let them know why.

5+ Year Old Account

I'm with you. The rep requirements should have been lifted upon the launch of BfA. As a matter of fact, the official website doesn't mention anywhere that you'll need to grind obsolete content before you can play one of its advertised features.

Imagine that you were buying BC because "OMG blue spacegoats are cool", and then you found that you need Exalted rep with, say, Darnassus because... reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Making it so that one race is locked behind one exalted BfA rep doesn't fix the issue of exalted rewards being useless, that is a 16.67% fix at best, if you happen to care about that one allied race. I pointed out the real reason for them doing it, even if you want to be obtuse and pretend it's because "people" were "whining" about pointless exalted reps. Your attempt at a comback failed, just move on before you embarrass yourself further.
    Of course, everyone with different opinion than you is embarassing himself, right ;D. And since you wrote that adding race to 1 rep is "16.67% fix at best", it looks like you agree that race is more meaninful reward from rep than just mount. Which was my point.

Btw, what would be really "meaningful" reward for exalted rep for you, blowjob? For me mount/pet/cosmetic item is perfectly fine reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    So why can't we earn allied races in some other way that isn't rep grinding? I have all allied races unlocked and still think it's lame as hell.
    Why dont we have outdoor content or solo content to get mythic raid gear?
    Why dont we got PvE content to get PvP rewards?

Should i go on or do you understand the way you sound is pretty mutch with everything in this game.

Surprised that people were caught on this obvious 1 post october 2018 bait.

And who would have know that you need to EARN something in a VIDEO GAME. What a strange world we live in. Try watching movies instead or youtube letsplays.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    No. It's moronic that a returning player has to go back to the other expansion to create a playable race. I get mounts etc. but not the most important part of an RPG.

I'd do the same as the OP and request a refund.

My friend who I invited back did the same - he saw that he could be a cool elf now in the horde but nope - had to grind. And he's not the kind of player who grinds... unfortunate.
    If they were main races, of course. However, they’re Allied/sub races which were rewarded for doing that content. That was always the case and that was made clear. People will moan about anything though.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Something tells me that your friend who was so quick to quit from a simple grind wouldn't he happy with the game anyway, so no harm done.

lol ... topic has been beat to death but first thing I looked at the the account ... looks like a bait thread to me just to start the cycle on this topic all all.

Sub Race would make them be different skin Variation but same racials. They have their own unique racials making much closer to a unique race than a sub race.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Surprise, you have to play the game to unlock some things. You aren't just handed everything without effort...what a terrible design right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    but everyone wants attunements right?
    What? No.

I think Blizzard's momentarily lapse of judgement was based on the failing number of subs near the end, and so they figured they might as well combine features from both expansions.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.