Boomkin 3v3 -v- the melee train

Hi all

Recently levelled a druid alt to 120 for some arena fun

Gear is pretty crap like 330 ish but no idea how normalization works in arena anyway.

Unfortunately I only play with randoms and no comms so I am not expecting any kind of decent rating

Usually team up with DH\healer or Spriest\healer

Watched a chunk of video's and such - read plenty of guides but how do you ever beat War/enh/holy pala (whatever healer) for example

Typical game they open SP ; I come out of prowl start dps / cyc / etc

They trinket or whatever and switch and stick on me - forced to go bear but basically I can hardly ever get out and back to mookin as they are just pure training me

Obviously randoms could be good / bad / whatever and no comms = no good

But any tips would be welcome or am I just reliant on peels and heals?

I'm no pvp god only like 2k cr on main

Thanks

Ironfeather armor or w/e it’s called saves my ass a lot against turbo but it is mostly up to your team to peel heavily for you like shammy root/slow totem Druid mass entangle your DH chaos nova or your spriest going back and forth mind flaying to slow, I’m no rank 1 though

Ironfeather Armor + Thorns + Faerie Fire + Roots + Cyclone is a fantastic anti-melee toolkit. This utility allows for continual cooldown rotation to keep any pesky melee in check. Coupled with dash and our excellent mobility, we can be a real pain in the ass.

Players forget Moonkin even has a disarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Didly View Post
    Ironfeather Armor + Thorns + Faerie Fire + Roots + Cyclone is a fantastic anti-melee toolkit. This utility allows for continual cooldown rotation to keep any pesky melee in check. Coupled with dash and our excellent mobility, we can be a real pain in the ass.

Players forget Moonkin even has a disarm.
    The only problem is we can't have all of those at the same time, and some tools are better than others depending upon what you're facing. In general, I'd say Thorns works well all around (especially lower ranked teams, you can usually bait someone into killing themselves), and Faerie Swarm can do wonders against a melee unloading their burst/CDs on a target, such as rogues. Ironfeather Armor is also very nice, and Cyclone works in any scenario. However, if you have to make hard choices, I guess it depends on what you're facing and what you're comfortable with.

Moonkins are very susceptible to melee trains as we are heavily reliant upon casting to generate AsP effectively and actually pump out large damage numbers. On my melee alts, I always aim for Moonkins in PvP because I know how to disable and kill them without much effort if they have no assistance. You can get off your DoT's and maybe a couple free Lunar Strikes if you're lucky, but you're never going to reliably get off hard cast SW/LS or generate enough AsP to pump out multiple Starsurges if you have the melee train on you. This being said, we do have a toolkit to help out against such things, but you will need assistance from your teammates to thrive.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville