Thread: New DEMO News

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by keyboardshinobi View Post
    Yeah ok, when it caps at around 200k players tell me that. You said it yourself that its $50 for classic with a bonus VT. You claimed the Demo trumps the existence of the ticket itself. But the actual inclusion of it is a nice little bonus that is added, you classic players are the ones that put to much value on it.

And by Cap I mean stable at its best day, not the surge of curiosity that will die out.
    I've bookmarked this post.... Will respond after Classic releases. 200k... you've got some real insider info there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    What's the point if you're not going to experience the entire demo?
    Good thing you can play the demo multiple times with the same character then.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I've bookmarked this post.... Will respond after Classic releases. 200k... you've got some real insider info there.
    Well given the original one, never surpassed that due to its extreme time sink, unwelcoming raid structure and sever lack of casual involvement, yeah I expect it to stabilize around 200k for the first year or 2 then with nothing coming on the horizon it will dwindle. Also my post said not the Surge of curiosity on day one. I mean after the "It came out lets try it" runs dry. BC and Wrath made WoW into a juggernaut Classic just opened the doors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Well given the original one, never surpassed that due to its extreme time sink, unwelcoming raid structure and sever lack of casual involvement, yeah I expect it to stabilize around 200k for the first year or 2 then with nothing coming on the horizon it will dwindle. Also my post said not the Surge of curiosity on day one. I mean after the "It came out lets try it" runs dry. BC and Wrath made WoW into a juggernaut Classic just opened the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardshinobi View Post
    I'm sorry.... are we talking about the same game? Vanilla grew from 0 to 7 million players before BC released. In those 2+ years, Vanilla NEVER dropped in subs.. always increased.

Not sure where you get 200k, maybe therein lies the reason you don't think it was very successful?

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    What's the point of getting to level 19 in a demo? You can explore the whole zones, the level doesn't matter.
    Please tell me you're not that big of an idiot...no one gives a fuck about "exploring the zone". You'll have to quest to do the zone, you'll need to level to do the zone, and both Barrens and Westfall both gave more than 4 levels of exp back in the day. Now that said, you must be fairly new to WoW because Vanilla leveling was nothing like current leveling. It took an hour or more per level back in vanilla and some times it took 10-15 minutes sometimes more just to do a single quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Please tell me you're not that big of an idiot...no one gives a fuck about "exploring the zone". You'll have to quest to do the zone, you'll need to level to do the zone, and both Barrens and Westfall both gave more than 4 levels of exp back in the day. Now that said, you must be fairly new to WoW because Vanilla leveling was nothing like current leveling. It took an hour or more per level back in vanilla and some times it took 10-15 minutes sometimes more just to do a single quest.
    And what is the issue now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    And what is the issue now?
    move the goalposts, fast!
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.