Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So it'd make the training even harder for them since their bodies are harder to be affected by the fel magic necessary for the DH training? Besides, I think saying that what the nightborne went through during their millennia of isolation makes them more resistant to mind-control and possession is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

So now void elves have the whispers of the void and the constant struggle against the demon inside? So being a demon hunter would be twice as difficult for them than it is for the night and blood elves.

Those are entirely uncorrelated.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? It's a process with a one chance in five of surviving, and then you'll still have a good chance of dying after surviving the training, either by the demon inside consuming you, or you taking your own life out of madness. "Because they would like to" simply does not cut it as a reason.

Except it is not happening in our world anymore.

"Demon hunters have a constant craving for fel power and demonic flesh"

Not from you, apparently. Joke aside, yes. Reason is paramount. Nobody does something so unsafe and fatal like the demon hunter training without reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure that's just a game mechanic to not make warlocks and shadow priests basically useless in that fight, since it'd force them to stop casting at all until the debuff has worn off.
    Power, immortality, adrenaline, curiosity, plenty of reasons. It is happening, medical trials happen, some more some less legal. Some top secret stuff and there are candidates. Fuck, people are using wingsuits and climb skyscrapers.

so they eat demon meat, why not, food is food.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    ...so you want VEs to have the void and the demon inside of them to fight?

Yeah, that'll end well...
    Well the point of the void thing is that its an energy that can be used to good ends (is the belief), so it's not really a void creature inside them, they just have become infused with the power. I don't know much of the lore on the demonhunters, but I'm guessing its a similar idea.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Yeah sure I mean who really cares if it steps on some lore. As long as there are no highelves amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Considering Illidan is gone and the Legion "defeated", there is no logical reason to open DH up to other races.
    The teory of evolution suggests that all stale creatures die, while the ones that evolve survive.

Death Knights and Demon Hunters are in that zone. Or they evolve, or they end up extinct.
    Both classes need a new leader to open their ranks for new recruits and new goals to keep their orders / classes alive.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Well the point of the void thing is that its an energy that can be used to good ends (is the belief), so it's not really a void creature inside them, they just have become infused with the power. I don't know much of the lore on the demonhunters, but I'm guessing its a similar idea.
    They're both groups that have to balance a very corrupting force that they have a constant battle with. The void doesn't just magically stop whispering, they just have to learn to live with it. Same w/ DH and their demon stuff, it's always a battle to keep control. So combining these two would be the best disaster of all time. Someone fight off whispers of the void AND demons constantly gnawing at their soul and spirit? Nahhh, I just can't see that.

Plus the success rates of DH and VEs are low...and even after, others fail to maintain this success. Lore wise it'd be the most "on the brink of self destruction" combo possible.

They're both groups that have to balance a very corrupting force that they have a constant battle with. The void doesn't just magically stop whispering, they just have to learn to live with it. Same w/ DH and their demon stuff, it's always a battle to keep control. So combining these two would be the best disaster of all time. Someone fight off whispers of the void AND demons constantly gnawing at their soul and spirit? Nahhh, I just can't see that.

Plus the success rates of DH and VEs are low...and even after, others fail to maintain this success. Lore wise it'd be the most "on the brink of self destruction" combo possible.
    But as mentioned before, the type of person who would experiment with one is exactly the type to do the other, so yeah its a danger, and that's the type who would do it. Remember that the void elves weren't trying to put the void inside them, it wasn't intentional. They were trying to explore it and understand it. If anyone was willing to do such a thing, it'd be the type who already took up being a demonhunter.

I also just want to reiterate I am just asserting it's plausible with current lore. I don't have an opinion if it'd be better to open the classes up to other races, gamewise or not.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

5+ Year Old Account
    But as mentioned before, the type of person who would experiment with one is exactly the type to do the other, so yeah its a danger, and that's the type who would do it. Remember that the void elves weren't trying to put the void inside them, it wasn't intentional. They were trying to explore it and understand it. If anyone was willing to do such a thing, it'd be the type who already took up being a demonhunter.

I also just want to reiterate I am just asserting it's plausible with current lore. I don't have an opinion if it'd be better to open the classes up to other races, gamewise or not.
    Well it's on that that I would have to disagree. The DHs and VEs both studied/entered their craft with entirely different mentalities and by different means.
    DHs willingly pushed themselves to death's door in order to destroy the legion at all costs. There is an idea of personal loss, revenge, rage, and desperation.

Void elves experimented with void to basically test/see how the push the envelope. The drive was predominately scientific and analytical, which then became personal when it was forced upon them.

They don't just do these things bc it's 'dangerous', they chose their paths for very different core reasons. To just say DHs and VEs are danger seekers is disingenuous to their class/race fantasy.

Plus my point is that both groups already have too much on their plate lorewise to ever consider dealing with another force just as volatile. It's not that it's not possible with current lore, it's just that lorewise anyone who would attempt to do so would be the biggest idiot of all time and would likely just instantly pop like a balloon. Unless there is a way to properly mediate or dull the force of either, I doubt we'd see someone dealing with both.

Well it's on that that I would have to disagree. The DHs and VEs both studied/entered their craft with entirely different mentalities and by different means.
    DHs willingly pushed themselves to death's door in order to destroy the legion at all costs. There is an idea of personal loss, revenge, rage, and desperation.

Void elves experimented with void to basically test/see how the push the envelope. The drive was predominately scientific and analytical, which then became personal when it was forced upon them.

They don't just do these things bc it's 'dangerous', they chose their paths for very different core reasons. To just say DHs and VEs are danger seekers is disingenuous to their class/race fantasy.

Plus my point is that both groups already have too much on their plate lorewise to ever consider dealing with another force just as volatile. It's not that it's not possible with current lore, it's just that lorewise anyone who would attempt to do so would be the biggest idiot of all time and would likely just instantly pop like a balloon. Unless there is a way to properly mediate or dull the force of either, I doubt we'd see someone dealing with both.
    " The DHs and VEs both studied/entered their craft with entirely different mentalities and by different means."

You're assuming beforehand they're different people. As mentioned, the idea is that its plausible a demonhunter would be the same person, if it were allowed. The void elves were blood elves who wanted to see if the void could be used as a weapon, much in the same way as the demonhunters. I think you're pushing too much of your own opinion on that. There's no reason a demonhunter blood elf wouldn't be with them to see if this other energy was a good weapon. As mentioned as well, Warlocks seem to handle it just fine. There doesn't seem to be any reason someone can't use fel energy and void energy together.

5+ Year Old Account
    . I think you're pushing too much of your own opinion on that. There's no reason a demonhunter blood elf wouldn't be with them to see if this other energy was a good weapon. As mentioned as well, Warlocks seem to handle it just fine. There doesn't seem to be any reason someone can't use fel energy and void energy together.
    There is no reason a demon hunter wouldn't be with them? The issue is that there wasn't, so you can't use that as your basis. This argument would make more sense if you used it for NE palidans, since such a thing happened in the Palidan order hall. I don't see how I'm pushing too much of my opinion, when yours is entirely based on 'what if' scenarios that didn't occur. My stance is based on lore evidence that suggests juggling two of the most volatile cases in azeroth history would be insanely difficult and nearly impossible.

Also dealing with fel as a warlock is not nearly as difficult or demanding as being a demon hunter. Fel energy can be absorbed and used passively without nearly as much drawback as literally consuming a demon. You're too focused on the fel aspect and ignoring the actual dangers of associated with demon hunter induction. You're also severely underestimating the stress of void on VEs and fel on DHs. It isn't just a usage of fel or void, both groups are consumed by a high concentration they struggle to control.

Also lastly an example of why a combo of fel and void doesn't mix well: Xhul'horac
    He uses both, but when he tries to use them at the same time his body destabilizes bc the forces are too chaotic to handle in one body. Demon hunters are more demon than anything else. Void Elves are literally tainted by void. House that chaotic combo in a simple mortal race and they'll go 'pop'. To use both at such high concentrations to do anything significant has been suggested to be fatal.

It's not that I'm vehemently against VE DHs as a concept. It's just that there is no precedent to suggest it's even possible, unless a balancing inhibitor is made. That's my point and issue with the idea. For it to even work, you have to either: 1. Create new lore on how void and fel interact 2. Establish a new mechanism to balance them 3. retcon past events and insert a VE or DH were they weren't originally and etc.

If Blizzard does so, fine by me. But they haven't yet, so that's that. It's not an impossible combo, it's just unlikely with Blizzard's current direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Power, immortality, adrenaline, curiosity, plenty of reasons. It is happening, medical trials happen, some more some less legal. Some top secret stuff and there are candidates. Fuck, people are using wingsuits and climb skyscrapers.
    Except current demon hunters are not about "power, immortality, adrenaline or curiosity." They would not train anyone who come to them and said things along the lines of "Yo dude! I heard being a demon hunter is dope! Sign me up for that shit!" or "Power! I want power! Give me power!!"

DH races are fine. nb and velf doesnt even make sense for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except current demon hunters are not about "power, immortality, adrenaline or curiosity." They would not train anyone who come to them and said things along the lines of "Yo dude! I heard being a demon hunter is dope! Sign me up for that shit!" or "Power! I want power! Give me power!!"
    How do you know that? Current dh include the ones sent by kael'thas. So all they would need to do is to lie 'I like testicle berries, they are green like fel xoxo'.

They should add a third spec first

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    How do you know that? Current dh include the ones sent by kael'thas.
    Except those are trained soldiers. They're not random hobos that are just after their next adrenaline fix or want to do it just because "it's cool".

So all they would need to do is to lie 'I like testicle berries, they are green like fel xoxo'.
    And then they'd either all die because they wouldn't have what it takes to be a demon hunter, or be kicked out in the first few hours of their training when the demon hunter trainers find out the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    Considering Illidan is gone and the Legion "defeated", there is no logical reason to open DH up to other races.
    I strongly disagree. Demon hunters are still needed. The legion was defeated but they remain a plague that needs to be purged entirely. I suspect they will begin working with the void lords and then we'll have new reasons to continue slaying them. Even beyond that, though, those impacted by the demons will still do anything to wipe them out. It's not too dramatic to assume some nightborne and void elves would become demon hunters to dedicate their lives to their obliteration. Not out of desperation, but rather, out of pure, unbridled hatred of demons. And their talents are still useful.

Either way, I'd like to see post-Legion demon hunters find their place in the world. I'd like to see that expressed ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I strongly disagree. Demon hunters are still needed. The legion was defeated but they remain a plague that needs to be purged entirely. I suspect they will begin working with the void lords and then we'll have new reasons to continue slaying them. Even beyond that, though, those impacted by the demons will still do anything to wipe them out. It's not too dramatic to assume some nightborne and void elves would become demon hunters to dedicate their lives to their obliteration. Not out of desperation, but rather, out of pure, unbridled hatred of demons. And their talents are still useful.

Either way, I'd like to see post-Legion demon hunters find their place in the world. I'd like to see that expressed ingame.
    Like the koteb, they'll show up eventually.
    Right now though, they are basically a bunch of dudes that have been in jail for 10+ years with no family left, chilling in their spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    Like the koteb, they'll show up eventually.
    Right now though, they are basically a bunch of dudes that have been in jail for 10+ years with no family left, chilling in their spaceship.
    Doubtful. They likely just don't want to join the Alliance vs Horde war. They largely worked together directly for years. To fight eachother would go against what they believe in. But the elements of BFA may push them to do that... especially the night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Doubtful. They likely just don't want to join the Alliance vs Horde war. They largely worked together directly for years. To fight eachother would go against what they believe in. But the elements of BFA may push them to do that... especially the night elves.
    Eventually meaning next expansion, if not the one after the next.
    Kinda like how the ebon knights went poof from wotlk > legion .

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Nightborne dont make sense lorewise but Zandalari could work. Zandalari had a cult called Demonomics thats very similar to DH for thousands of years. Void elves would be the easiest but blizz would have to create a small tid bit of lore. Perhaps have these DH eat void demons rather then burning legion demons. Overall I guess it doesn't have to make sense blizz can always create new reasons why.
    Another bullshit Zandalari asspull for you troll fanatics? At least the existence of and non existence at present of Zandalari paladins has a solid lore primer. Human and Orc DHs make more sense than whatever ridiculous Zandalari DH shit you want to concoct. Void Elves should be able to be everything a blood elf can be short of a paladin because they were blood elves until they drank too much purple drank. 'Demoononiscics' or whatever nonsense have dick to do with Illidan and shouldn't exist as a DH, just like having dick to do with Arthas and the Scourge means no DK. End of discussion. The lore keeps getting fucked in half for this hair brained shit. Once, long ago, dumbass fanfics would never be seriously considered as lore, now they are canon in novels and the game. enough
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard